• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly, the more I talk about the game, the more I feel let down by it.
Not even the characters, I stopped caring about what the rest of the roster looked like when Ghirahim was brutally murdered before my eyes.

But it honestly seems like common decency to
A) Make Sonic a new damned stage
B) Follow your own pattern and make Pac-Maze a Wii-U stage instead of MS Paint Land

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Honestly, the more I talk about the game, the more I feel let down by it.
Not even the characters, I stopped caring about what the rest of the roster looked like when Ghirahim was brutally murdered before my eyes.

But it honestly seems like common decency to
A) Make Sonic a new damned stage
B) Follow your own pattern and make Pac-Maze a Wii-U stage instead of MS Paint Land
LOL "MS Paint Land"? Thats a good one

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I do think you're complaining way too much. We don't know why he mostly went for past stages. Or why there's a severely high amount of Mario, but no other stages. Time constraints are logical, so the rest would be DLC. He ported a lot of Brawl data over too. If he didn't delay it, you'd have far less. I'm happy with the game, despite the flaws. He chose a fairly good roster(except one character, and that's solely due to his moveset being a bit too cloney, not because of the specific character, who was a good choice, IMO. I had a better one, but eh).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Apparently, the new Drill item isn't the Drill Arm from Kid Icarus: Uprising. The game lists it as just "Drill" and categorizes as part of the Super Smash Bros. series.

It does look very similar (if not identical) to the Drill Arm, though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly, I do think you're complaining way too much. We don't know why he mostly went for past stages. Or why there's a severely high amount of Mario, but no other stages. Time constraints are logical, so the rest would be DLC. He ported a lot of Brawl data over too. If he didn't delay it, you'd have far less. I'm happy with the game, despite the flaws. He chose a fairly good roster(except one character, and that's solely due to his moveset being a bit too cloney, not because of the specific character, who was a good choice, IMO. I had a better one, but eh).
I would have preferred a delay to a poor selection of stages and perhaps even characters, which is arguably what we got. Also it was unnecessary to say I am "complaining way too much".

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Apparently, the new Drill item isn't the Drill Arm from Kid Icarus: Uprising. The game lists it as just "Drill" and categorizes as part of the Super Smash Bros. series.

It does look very similar (if not identical) to the Drill Arm, though.
Kirby does have a drill attack next to identical to it in Kirby 64. It's inspired by Sakurai's style of weapons, but may just be a simple generic one. The Motion Sensor Bomb was based around Perfect Dark/Goldeneye 007 in Melee, but was listed weirdly too. He's an odd duck hunt sometimes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Kirby does have a drill attack next to identical to it in Kirby 64. It's inspired by Sakurai's style of weapons, but may just be a simple generic one. The Motion Sensor Bomb was based around Perfect Dark/Goldeneye 007 in Melee, but was listed weirdly too. He's an odd duck hunt sometimes.
Scratch that. I looked pictures of the Drill Arm from KIU.

It looks identical. Exactly the same design. Anyone who's played KIU knows that's a Drill Arm, so it's odd the game calls it a "Drill" and claims it as part of the SSB series. Even more odd as both are Sakurai games.

As for the Motion Sensor Bomb in Melee being categorized as original items, it probably has been due to complications regarding Rare at the time (you know, Rare being sold to Microsoft). They probably didn't have time to change the models and all that, but hid any traces connecting it to Goldeneye/Perfect Dark to avoid legal complications.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would have preferred a delay to a poor selection of stages and perhaps even characters, which is arguably what we got. Also it was unnecessary to say I am "complaining way too much".
No, it got pretty necessary when 90% of your messages are seriously just whining. Why should the Zelda series get around 8 characters while the Kid Icarus series get barely 2? That makes no sense. Even the Mario series never went beyond 7, and it was going to be 6, it just had a last minute clone. I don't see the issue with the stages. It's a little bad, but not that poor. It has a bunch of new ones. And delaying it to please a small amount of fans whenever it was already delayed enough is not worth it. The only thing that would've happened realistically is he didn't delay it at all, and we didn't get 3 more characters, and far more glitches. You're asking for way more than could've happened. Just wait for DLC. It's beyond likely to happen at this point, for Characters/Stages. Modes and Patches have happened already, so...

Scratch that. I looked pictures of the Drill Arm from KIU.

It looks identical. Exactly the same design. Anyone who's played KIU knows that's a Drill Arm, so it's odd the game calls it a "Drill" and claims it as part of the SSB series. Even more odd as both are Sakurai games.

As for the Motion Sensor Bomb in Melee being categorized as original items, it probably has been due to complications regarding Rare at the time (you know, Rare being sold to Microsoft). They probably didn't have time to change the models and all that, but hid any traces connecting it to Goldeneye/Perfect Dark to avoid legal complications.
Actually, in the Japanese language, it lists the Motion Sensor Bomb under one of those two series. Changing the Languages shows that. It even has PD in the Melee credits. :facepalm: They kind of failed to avoid copyright stuff. They probably just were able to dodge it by that time well enough. And that is weird on the Drill Arm. Probably to make it look like "I didn't port a severe high amount of content from Uprising >_>" at best.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No, it got pretty necessary when 90% of your messages are seriously just whining.Why should the Zelda series get around 8 characters while the Kid Icarus series get barely 2? That makes no sense. Even the Mario series never went beyond 7, and it was going to be 6, it just had a last minute clone.
What? Whining? 8 Zelda characters? Where are you pulling all this false **** about me from?
No, patronizing me is not "necessary" because I've already been beat back and forth between every user on this thread for the past two weeks. It's like I cannot voice a complaint without being treated like a damn child. It's ridiculous, and I figured you of all people would be cool enough to understand and/or respect that.

But I guess not. So would you kindly back off?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...Am I the only one who likes PAC-LAND?
I find it's style unique and charming, compared to other stages.
*Says the G&W Main who goes on Flat Zone 2 all the time in Brawl*

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What? Whining? 8 Zelda characters? Where are you pulling all this false **** about me from?
No, patronizing me is not "necessary" because I've already been beat back and forth between every user on this thread for the past two weeks. It's like I cannot voice a complaint without being treated like a damn child. It's ridiculous, and I figured you of all people would be cool enough to understand and/or respect that.

But I guess not. So would you kindly back off?
Don't imply you aren't whining. You definitely are. You've been acting like this since the game's release. And maybe I miscounted slightly. I know you want Ghirahim and Midna in. Did I miss anyone? Maybe 7 is more accurate. But Zelda is nowhere a big enough series to earn that much. It'd get one more at most anyway.

If people are treating you like a child, you need to rethink the way you are voicing your complaints. Because they are definitely sounding childish. The fact many people are constantly getting on your case should tell you you are actually acting like one. I can back off, but don't expect people to leave you alone till you start voicing things constructively. Saying "this roster sucks" and "this stage selection sucks", which isn't even a real strawman of your arguments, unfortunately, is not going to actually get people to find you being mature about this at all.

Maybe it was time somebody told this then. You can continue going on how you were, but if you expect people to treat you like a mature adult, it's required on your part to act like one. I have tons of issues with this game too. But I'm not going to say them all till I at least have a very proper way to state them without making it look childish. In addition, I'm not going to bother to rate the roster till I actually have a good feeling for it. I may not like the exact selection, but it does matter how well the play first. And so far, I'm vastly impressed with almost all of them.

And I don't care if I get a Warning for this message either. It was honestly worth telling you exactly what you're being like and why people are finding it hard to respect your opinion. Opinions are often respected when well-constructed. Keep that in mind if you don't want to be ignored or called out on your attitude.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
...Am I the only one who likes PAC-LAND?
I find it's style unique and charming, compared to other stages.
*Says the G&W Main who goes on Flat Zone 2 all the time in Brawl*
At least Flat Zone is based on an old school console, and is rendered and polished to look very sleek and graphically pleasing whilst still retaining the original look of the G&W design.

PAC-LAND looks like something drawn in Paint. I know that's how the original game looks, but... erghhhh. It looks horrible. Why couldn't they give it the HD treatment? >.>

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Zelda should get 8 characters cuz its Zelda. And I like Zelda, so more Zelda is very Zelda.
I think I'll need a 2nd Yoshi Rep in my life before that happens, please
Kamek why

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I think I'll need a 2nd Yoshi Rep in my life before that happens, please
Kamek why
But not before Kid Icarus gets a 4th character. :troll:

I think Baby Mario has more priority. He gets more limelight time than Kamek. :troll:

Please no, I have grown a dislike for Baby Mario, Luigi and Peach after their cryfest in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I don't even care about Black Friday.
Sakurai is planning something for Ridley.
I can feel it.
NoA is getting it first for some Sakurai reason.
The Monado is telling me this.
I don't really even want Ridley, which is funny

Opinions are often respected........ when well-constructed
UwotM8? :troll:
Ridley. THAT IS ALL.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I stopped believing in "representation" and "deserving characters" long ago. Those two "factors" are just pure fan-fueled fantasies people use to justify their opinions and make it seem they're right.

Of course, reality ensues and crushing disappointment follows.

Examples:
"OMG Fire Emblem has 4 reps, DK has 2!!" In Melee, there was one DK character and 2 Fire Emblem characters.
"OMG Why has Kid Icarus 3 reps and Star Fox has 2!!" Once again, I bring Melee. Back then, Star Fox had two games and two characters. Star Fox 64 was popular at the time too.
"OMG This is supposed to be Nintendo All-Stars! Who are these obscure/irrelevant characters?!" Um, who was Ness in Smash 64? Oh, and Roy from Fire Emblem actually made his debut in Melee, remember?

So, these arguments:
"The number of characters must be somehow tied to the number of games the franchise the character is from."
"He has to be a well-known character."

Are bull****. And better, they have always been bull****, which makes the whining about such stuff today more hilarious and saddening.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I don't even care about Black Friday.
Sakurai is planning something for Ridley.
I can feel it.
NoA is getting it first for some Sakurai reason.
The Monado is telling me this.
Yes, Sakurai has placed a special program on the Wii U Smash disc, so he can spy on the Americans crying their eyes out when they discover Ridley is just a stage hazard. :troll:
Except for @Kermit the Ninja.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I stopped believing in "representation" and "deserving characters" long ago. Those two "factors" are just pure fan-fueled fantasies people use to justify their opinions and make it seem they're right.

Of course, reality ensues and crushing disappointment follows.

Examples:
"OMG Fire Emblem has 4 reps, DK has 2!!" In Melee, there was one DK character and 2 Fire Emblem characters.
"OMG Why has Kid Icarus 3 reps and Star Fox has 2!!" Once again, I bring Melee. Back then, Star Fox had two games and two characters. Star Fox 64 was popular at the time too.
"OMG This is supposed to be Nintendo All-Stars! Who are these obscure/irrelevant characters?!" Um, who was Ness in Smash 64? Oh, and Roy from Fire Emblem actually made his debut in Melee, remember?

So, these arguments:
"The number of characters must be somehow tied to the number of games the franchise the character is from."
"He has to be a well-known character."

Are bull****. And better, they have always been bull****, which makes the whining about such stuff today more hilarious and saddening.
I think being somewhat known can be relevant, at least for 3rd Parties(Pac-Man had another reason, but if Miyamoto never suggested him he's the most well known of Bandai-Namco's characters) or for extra characters in a franchise. That would somewhat explain the choices on clones. Alph just doesn't have what the other 3 do.

I more or less agree with you, but I don't think those reasons are entirely bull. Just not the be-end-all. I think many would agree the series could all be slightly more evened out. I still like this roster, but I would have made changes.

Anyway, major question; What are Dark Pit and Pit's differences beyond their wrist rings and Final Smash?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Some ijit on Miiverse, a long time ago, yelled at me for the Fountain of Dreams stage having a unique song that's "It's trademark for that stage and Nightmare in Dreamland, u so stoopid", and I'm just like;
"Dude... that's a remix of Gourmet Race from Kirby Superstar."
Then he called a bunch of other people to yell at me and false report me, and I got banned for 2 weeks.
BUT I STILL GO ON MIIVERSE ANYWAY.
WHATISWRONGWITHME?!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Don't imply you aren't whining. You definitely are. You've been acting like this since the game's release. And maybe I miscounted slightly. I know you want Ghirahim and Midna in. Did I miss anyone? Maybe 7 is more accurate. But Zelda is nowhere a big enough series to earn that much. It'd get one more at most anyway.

If people are treating you like a child, you need to rethink the way you are voicing your complaints. Because they are definitely sounding childish. The fact many people are constantly getting on your case should tell you you are actually acting like one. I can back off, but don't expect people to leave you alone till you start voicing things constructively. Saying "this roster sucks" and "this stage selection sucks", which isn't even a real strawman of your arguments, unfortunately, is not going to actually get people to find you being mature about this at all.

Maybe it was time somebody told this then. You can continue going on how you were, but if you expect people to treat you like a mature adult, it's required on your part to act like one. I have tons of issues with this game too. But I'm not going to say them all till I at least have a very proper way to state them without making it look childish. In addition, I'm not going to bother to rate the roster till I actually have a good feeling for it. I may not like the exact selection, but it does matter how well the play first. And so far, I'm vastly impressed with almost all of them.

And I don't care if I get a Warning for this message either. It was honestly worth telling you exactly what you're being like and why people are finding it hard to respect your opinion. Opinions are often respected when well-constructed. Keep that in mind if you don't want to be ignored or called out on your attitude.
Could you please stop putting words in my mouth? I frankly have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
I don't even know how to respond to this, there is so much venom in this post. I voice a very minor complaint and end up with a damn essay on why I am a whiny child. As expected when I come to the goddamn social thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom