• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Still better than Pac-Man & The Ghostly Adventures, especially the same show that makes immature fart jokes and having the worst TV opening in history. I'll never look at "The Pac is Back" the same way again after listening to it once and hearing that phrase *In Maverick Hunter's voice* over and over and over and over and over and over again! Don't get me wrong, I like the concept of Boom and find some pretty funny moments in both media (Which is something Ghostly Adventures failed at doing).
If it wasn't for Ghostly Adventures, Pac-Man would still be in his old design. Tears are shed. :troll:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Welp, I have all the characters, but I unlocked them in a weird order: R.O.B., Ganondorf, then Bowser Jr.

R.O.B. got KO'd by Little Mac. Probably the most memorable unlock along with Wario walking into my Falcon Punch. I almost unlocked Ganondorf with Sonic, but he Sparta'd me, so I ended up unlocking him with Zero Suit Samus which involved launching him into the ice thingie and Ganondorf flying off. Welp, we know that Ganondorf really needs to make up on Mother's Day since Kotake and Koume were involved and he was raised by them.

Bowser Jr. was sudden, all I remember was getting my tail feathers kicked and I had to fight him as Falco. I won somehow. All I remember doing is a weakish hit and Bowser Jr. was KO'd. I think I side tilted or Side Smashed him near the edge of the map. Whatever, all the characters in a weird order.

Oh, and I learned that dash attacking with Zero Suit Samus near the edge of a stage means death.

Online matches are fun when they're not lagging. Oh, and apparently I have a unique style of being a defensive, counter attacker. Everyone I played against were aggressive as hell. All I did was spend my time not getting killed by lag or counter attacking everyone. There were many times where three players would try to murder each other and I'm away from them watching and wondering what the heck is going on.

I won most of my matches by killing someone who attacked me and then countering, avoiding, and surviving for the rest of the match. I didn't even aim to win and once I ended up with 3 KO's and I don't remember how I got them.

This also leads to the whole "Little Mac effect". I only met 3 of them and I was 1 of them. The 2 were really aggressive rush-down players and so was everyone else. I just kept my distance, waited for an opportunity and struck or I just watched as the matched lagged, side-tilted - the good ol' one-two -, and sometimes I won without aiming to win or even participating for half the match.

I also had an interesting match. Two players: Wario and Bowser Jr. did nothing buy spam their Side Specials. So, you had bikes flying everywhere and a go-kart-thing running over everyone. I was playing as Lucina and the other guy was a male Wii Fit Trainer. Unfortunately, he go the brunt of the attacks and the 3 did go at it. Well, as go at it as 2 crazies running people over and 1 unarmed man trying to stopped them can. I watched and countered every time Wario went my direction. You'd think he'd learn after getting countered for the nth time... He didn't. I managed to score a couple KO's and ended up in 2nd place. Weirdest match ever.

Speaking of waiting and baiting. Somehow I ended up tying for first place and as Lucina, I had to fight Bowser. I stood there watching Bowser wonder why the hell the other player wasn't moving. It was worth it, since it was hilarious. I got second place and a nice laugh.

Another sudden death involved either a bomb falling right as I hit Fox as Toon Link or Toon Link's first hit for his Side Smash can kill, but I don't think it can since Toon Link's and Link's first hit stuns so they can follow up. I also, don't remember how I ended up tying for first place.

One more thing: I think there's something about me and people walking into my Falcon Punches. One guy just did that. I was close to the middle and Falcon Punch'd for no reason and he was fighting someone else, but got out of it. You'd think the idiot Falcon Punching the air is someone to notice and avoid, but nope. Falcon Punch'd. I don't think he was KO'd though.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If it wasn't for Ghostly Adventures, Pac-Man would still be in his old design. Tears are shed. :troll:
I take it that you like Pac being a whiny teenager with realistic teeth, creepy eyes, and a complete wimp that ******* out against anyone. Sure this guy seems like the charming yellow gobbler that we all love and I can tell that he'll be age appropriate for kids, right? Riiiiiiight?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I thought Pac-Man's appearance was based on his Pac-Man World games since whenever I see his Up Special, I'm reminded of the video guide that was on those PS2 demo discs.

Soul.

So is everyone still hating on the 3DS version. Because I can go hate on the Wii U version. :troll:
"#handheldbias", "#SaveSmash3DSCompViability", "#PortableSmash"
lolhashtags.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So is everyone still hating on the 3DS version. Because I can go hate on the Wii U version. :troll:
"#handheldbias", "#SaveSmash3DSCompViability", "#PortableSmash"
lolhashtags.
Why can't I just enjoy both versions?

I get a soundtrack and everything.

D

Deleted member

You could y'know "borrow" the soundtrack. I hear there's a great wharf by a bay to "borrow" stuff. :p
Just don't tell nobody about it. Your loved ones might have to go on a "vacation" if you do.

Soul.

Why can't I just enjoy both versions?

I get a soundtrack and everything.
You can enjoy playing both, but I just think that not everything will be on Wii U. It's like people treat the 3DS as if it were nothing because it's going to be left in the dust. Meh.
Imagine if that happened with a Wii U.

D

Deleted member

Nah, you'll be "sleepin' with the fishes", mac. They're might be a "breakfast", too an' ya might be "riding a horse".
C'mon man, "sleepin' with the fishes" ain't even subtle anymore. I prefer "takin' a dip".

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Which class do you think a hamburger mii would be?

I'm thinking gunner

It's a flame broiled hamburger

D

Deleted member

I need to get the hang of spot dodging.
On a side note, I've been winning most of my online matches with Pac-Man, so that bodes for good things.

domokl

Smash Lord
just got the game today and loving it. only have 4 charachters and 1 stage left to unlock.

D

Deleted member

I just tried All-Star with Pacster. He is really fun to use.
I love that all of his Smash attacks use a different Ghost.
He's definitely one of my favorite characters for sure. I can only dream of how he'll play with a GC controller.
Also, here's how to easily catch low-recovering people as Pac-Man;
Step 1: Set down a hydrant while grouned.
Step 2: Fall off and hit the hydrant with a sweet-spotted bair.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Seems like the 3DS eShop has a different song for now, pretty much like Wii U. Anyone else noticing this?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I miss Sonic Boom and open your heart on the sonic level

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664

I'm just gonna leave this here for everybody to laugh at. Reminder: If you think you're bad at Smash, you'll never be as bad as DSP :)

D

Deleted member

Looota Shulks today for some reason.
And out of all of them, only 1 actually bothered to use the Monado Arts.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I'm just gonna leave this here for everybody to laugh at. Reminder: If you think you're bad at Smash, you'll never be as bad as DSP :)
Do people in "For Fun" really play that bad that a guy like this can win?

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Do people in "For Fun" really play that bad that a guy like this can win?
Apparently. Though to play devil's advocate, he was playing Bowser and Bowser has a good down B which can be easily spammed on unwilling (and lagged out) players. I can't wait for him to try For Glory mode!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I miss Sonic Boom and open your heart on the sonic level
I wouldn't have missed Live and Learn, though.
Seriously, Crush 40's butt rock does not fit on Green Hill in the slighest. Sonic Boom would've worked so much better - and it did! In Brawl.
Or, even better, they could have added a Colours track.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I wouldn't have missed Live and Learn, though.
Seriously, Crush 40's butt rock does not fit on Green Hill in the slighest. Sonic Boom would've worked so much better - and it did! In Brawl.
Or, even better, they could have added a Colors track.
Perhaps it would work better in the new stage?

I posted this a few pages back.
It never gets old.
You did? Nice. This is so GDLK. If someone pulled this off in a Major Tournament, that would be so hype :p

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Perhaps it would work better in the new stage?
The one that doesn't exist. Thanks Sakurai
Of course, they could've ported the Windy Hill Zone stage to 3DS, since Lost World actually was on the 3DS, but nooo, have to recycle the ****ty, overused Green Hill Zone stage from Brawl.
Along with terrible Sonic music.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The one that doesn't exist. Thanks Sakurai
Of course, they could've ported the Windy Hill Zone stage to 3DS, since Lost World actually was on the 3DS, but nooo, have to recycle the ****ty, overused Green Hill Zone stage from Brawl.
Along with terrible Sonic music.
Looks like you can hardly swallow your fears and pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom