• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

oh oh.

I tried a 1v1 once on bfd after been playing a lot on fd....

Dude I;m a noob in competitive core gameplay how can I adapt so quickly now?

This might be a problem if I don't get info or something...
Nah man, you'll adapt to Battlefield in no time. You can start by doing CPU matches in said stage.
For Little Mac Glory needs Battlefield or similar stages so that Little Mac can stop winning.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
But really, I saw you telling weird speculations, but that one is just maybe you made a joke and I'm bad at getting it, but what does the gbp makes some newcomers likely now?

...confused...
It's a joke...partially...

What I was saying was since you can play Smash Bros on the Wii U with the 3DS (as long as your 3DS also has Smash Bros.) it would be a lot like 4 Swords Adventures on the Gamecube, where you use the GBA as the controller. Thus, relating this to Vaati.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The point is he's playing Battlefield.
Regular Battlefield.
In For Glory mode.
The point is he meant is it for glory?

I think it is because of the spacing on the bottom screen on the left and right. I think it's only there in 1v1.

So, it's for glory.
It's a joke...partially...

What I was saying was since you can play Smash Bros on the Wii U with the 3DS (as long as your 3DS also has Smash Bros.) it would be a lot like 4 Swords Adventures on the Gamecube, where you use the GBA as the controller. Thus, relating this to Vaati.

I can tell you, that's most likely straw grasp.

I don't see how it could influence any decision on the roster.

Actually, even if there was a hidden reference, it's not that much because while some Paper Mario were found, some for yoshi's island were also found on same trophies....

However, not getting anything is kinda surprising honestly. It's just weird with all the repping the games got, you should easilly get a trophy at the very least...

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I can tell you, that's most likely straw grasp.

I don't see how it could influence any decision on the roster.

Actually, even if there was a hidden reference, it's not that much because while some Paper Mario were found, some for yoshi's island were also found on same trophies....

However, not getting anything is kinda surprising honestly. It's just weird with all the repping the games got, you should easilly get a trophy at the very least...
I know it is, that's why it was partially a joke, partially my love for Vaati going overboard. It's just fun to think of though, imo.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I know it is, that's why it was partially a joke, partially my love for Vaati going overboard. It's just fun to think of though, imo.
Idk, but from how further I got into straw grasp before the stage, this felt like nothing...

Like, I made so much here's what I remember:
  • I tough that the fact that the tanooki leaf was undecided if it allowed to attack a sticker star move likely using said leaf thus confirmed. This was of course an hyperbole.
  • Said that their wuestion they asked last April on their Facebook made Paper Mario more likely. Funny thing is, it is actually pretty and honestly very possible they asked that to get representative opinion on the series. This would actually be good if those answers were taken seriously in marketting research because it would fix so much of sticker star and basically, promising future (but the stage itself is making this true tough :) ).
  • On their posts, they posted a pic of him but in like cardboard and everyone in the thread including myself wasted so much time to speculate on that pic (it was not knew what it was so original was assumed) to end up being a pic of commercial production for sticker star. One was using it as avatar and he got the urge to change it because it was from sticker star (really, sorry @SpaceJell0 but when I learn it, it was so laughable to see that I wasted so much time in a debate and you with this avatar :) ).
  • Basically, every time there was any character announcement, I tough it could be Paper Mario (who honestly didn't did that anyway for your most wanted?).
  • The TTYD composer was a good one. Like, it wasn't clear there was a TTYD music (we only knew in a stream the day of the JP release), but let's just say that it was a more valid one.
  • I may put this one because I tough about it, but never really said it, did you find the powers mechanics similar to the Paper Mario badges? I pointed out this similarity (I still don't get it tough...).
  • The more and more potd passed, the more and more I tough he was likely. There's actually something that you get when you were around until the very end that unfortunately, not every support thread had this chance. We got shot very badly when we saw the stage on the demo...his deconfirmation was near and honestly, I knew it was now likely which is why the day it happened wasn't very hard to take. The stage made it better actually.
  • Oh, actually, I still need sources because I still don't know where it was said (and I should actually ask), but some said that he was popular in Japan. The problem is you bet that I was crazy enough to spent hours on google and I found nothing that much but a seemingly untrusted poll....I still don't know where they took their sources.
And the stage was honestly a very bad idea to get obsesed on it. If there was one thing I didn;t like that was entirely my fault was to overhype the stage reveal being a tease. I really got insane and I should never go there, but I was just annoyed of some irrelevant arguments. Then, when the leak came...oh I really didn;t lke how I reacted back then...that was bad and I just want to forget about it.

Oh, here;s a good one @ Kevandre Kevandre made that was weird: you know the trailer when chrom was saw not playable? There's an X on his chest (it;s his clothes idk the word to say it) and he said confirmed because it felt like an X-naut...lol

Ah...sometimes i just wish speculation was longer, but don't want to because it would never end and it needs to end at one point. You have to admit that you should have pretty much a lot of fun to talk in character thread about vaati :)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Idk, but from how further I got into straw grasp before the stage, this felt like nothing...

Like, I made so much here's what I remember:
  • I tough that the fact that the tanooki leaf was undecided if it allowed to attack a sticker star move likely using said leaf thus confirmed. This was of course an hyperbole.
  • Said that their wuestion they asked last April on their Facebook made Paper Mario more likely. Funny thing is, it is actually pretty and honestly very possible they asked that to get representative opinion on the series. This would actually be good if those answers were taken seriously in marketting research because it would fix so much of sticker star and basically, promising future (but the stage itself is making this true tough :) ).
  • On their posts, they posted a pic of him but in like cardboard and everyone in the thread including myself wasted so much time to speculate on that pic (it was not knew what it was so original was assumed) to end up being a pic of commercial production for sticker star. One was using it as avatar and he got the urge to change it because it was from sticker star (really, sorry @SpaceJell0 but when I learn it, it was so laughable to see that I wasted so much time in a debate and you with this avatar :) ).
  • Basically, every time there was any character announcement, I tough it could be Paper Mario (who honestly didn't did that anyway for your most wanted?).
  • The TTYD composer was a good one. Like, it wasn't clear there was a TTYD music (we only knew in a stream the day of the JP release), but let's just say that it was a more valid one.
  • I may put this one because I tough about it, but never really said it, did you find the powers mechanics similar to the Paper Mario badges? I pointed out this similarity (I still don't get it tough...).
  • The more and more potd passed, the more and more I tough he was likely. There's actually something that you get when you were around until the very end that unfortunately, not every support thread had this chance. We got shot very badly when we saw the stage on the demo...his deconfirmation was near and honestly, I knew it was now likely which is why the day it happened wasn't very hard to take. The stage made it better actually.
  • Oh, actually, I still need sources because I still don't know where it was said (and I should actually ask), but some said that he was popular in Japan. The problem is you bet that I was crazy enough to spent hours on google and I found nothing that much but a seemingly untrusted poll....I still don't know where they took their sources.
And the stage was honestly a very bad idea to get obsesed on it. If there was one thing I didn;t like that was entirely my fault was to overhype the stage reveal being a tease. I really got insane and I should never go there, but I was just annoyed of some irrelevant arguments. Then, when the leak came...oh I really didn;t lke how I reacted back then...that was bad and I just want to forget about it.

Oh, here;s a good one @ Kevandre Kevandre made that was weird: you know the trailer when chrom was saw not playable? There's an X on his chest (it;s his clothes idk the word to say it) and he said confirmed because it felt like an X-naut...lol

Ah...sometimes i just wish speculation was longer, but don't want to because it would never end and it needs to end at one point. You have to admit that you should have pretty much a lot of fun to talk in character thread about vaati :)
Yar, it was that Chrom's clothes have an X on them just like the X-Nauts. Captain Falcon punched Chrom out of being playable and he's there. X-Nauts are not playable and Paper Mario defeated them. THEREFORE, Paper Mario was playable. Flawless logic, I'm sure.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I almost have all of the moves for my mains, but now Smash Run doesn't want to give me any bags at all...
:4pacman::4gaw::4duckhunt::4olimar::4ness::4kirby::4link::4robinf::4palutena:
:4sonic::4villagerf::4fox:
This is getting tiresome quickly... Well, at least more tiresome than it already was.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I just thought about something...

Smash 4 is released 6 years after Brawl
There are 2 versions of Smash 4
6 / 2 = 3

HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!!! :troll:

Jokes aside, the Pic of the Day is quite near, anybody feel the HYPE?

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm at 272 moves and I seem unable to win myself any new ones. This is a total pain in the ass. I went from getting 4-5 consistently to get 0 consistently and just getting one is a miracle. Bleh.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone here have fond memories of the "King's Quest" games?

The computers I had in kindergarten had King's Quest 2 on them.

I used to try and do something in the game, only to be killed over and over again

I loaded other people's saves, I probably would have had a better idea what to do if I started from the beggining

Soul.

6 / 2 = 3

I can't feel the hype as PotDs are not interesting to me anymore. lol

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

6 / 2 = 3

I feel hype every time I play TTYD and trigger a fight on theater...oh wait, wrong game :troll:

R0Y

Smash Master
What other fighters do you guys like? ike

I like Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur, also going to try out Tekken 7 andand maybe Pokken Fighters when they to the west on console.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

6 / 2 = 3

Six years until Smash 5 comes out :'(

I miss speculation already.

Soul.

Six years until Smash 5 comes out :'(

I miss speculation already.
No.
Why you do dis RB. Why.
Speculation hurts. You're asking yourself to get hated on because of Ridley and stuff. ._.
Also the roster disappointment. How could I forget about that, lol.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
No.
Why you do dis RB. Why.
Speculation hurts. You're asking yourself to get hated on because of Ridley and stuff. ._.

I never received hate message and I did a very big essay on him enough to break mouse wheel...

You can have a minoritairy opinion and defend it if you can explain it accurately. Like, most of the essay was based on logic instead of wierd evidences. Most tried to use the evidences...it honestly was made to be impossible for both position.

I'm ok for dlc speculation if happening, but I don't like assuming sequels...it's not good for me.

R0Y

Smash Master
Good things come to those who wait. Much prefer the 6 year wait to the same gamegame with incremental improvements annually. This way I'll actually continue to get every Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom