• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Actually, it's half and half. Characters like Toon Link and Lucina are supposidly better, while Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are worse. From my experience at least, I do find Pit better by a slight margin due to the maneuverbiliy of Palutena's Arrow working better then Silver Arrow and I prefer the consistency of the Upperdash Arm better. Not sure about the other clones, it's all based on word of mouth.
I don't know if I can say that Dr. Mario is worse than Mario. It's really "to each their own" at this point.
I mean, sure. With Lucina and Dark Pit, it's easier to compare the two. But Dr. Mario has now been to Mario what Toon Link is to Link. They've become characters meant to fit different needs.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Actually, it's half and half. Characters like Toon Link and Lucina are supposidly better, while Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are worse. From my experience at least, I do find Pit better by a slight margin due to the maneuverbiliy of Palutena's Arrow working better then Silver Arrow and I prefer the consistency of the Upperdash Arm better. Not sure about the other clones, it's all based on word of mouth. Though I do use Dr. Mario and Mario equally, and use Marth more then Lucina, but don't take my words as status quo.
Apparently speed once again is the big thing here, in which Pit has over DP, and I think Lucina over Marth. I don't even know anymore. All I wanted was for Pit to get some love, but at least I still like him.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't know if I can say that Dr. Mario is worse than Mario. It's really "to each their own" at this point.
Dr. Mario is the Mighty Glacier version of Mario like he was intended to be, instead of being a straight forward better version by accident like in Melee. Not dwelling into specifics, it's a matter of whether you want the extra speed or extra power, and both sides have their pluses.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith
A sad truth. I myself have issues with the "Dark > regular" character routine, which was also why I despised when dark/shadow versions of characters were being requested so often. It's best if I don't get into it much as it's been one of my greatest peeves, or at least was before the full roster was shown.
Eh, Japan likes Pit a lot too. Along with Palutena. Japan has gone crazy for the pink Pit costume he has in this game.

Dark Pit is a twist on the evil twin trope though, being an anti-hero and rival rather than an actual villain. His typical "dark and edgy" stuff is also parodied somewhat in the game. The most obvious being Hades's "Our hero is looking goth today" line.

From what I know, some characters' portrayals have some differences in the Japanese version. The localization team took a lot of liberties with the script.

For example, Pit is more of a typical shounen protagonist and Dark Pit is more of a tsundere. The localization toned down on the anime tropes somewhat.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I agree. A character that took a ton of time is more logical to hate on. Not that constant hate should be spewed either way. Also, I've seen Duck Hunt get a severe amount of praise by many just because he's a great retro rep. Many do forget he's the Dog/Duck/Wild Gunman/Hogan's Alley too. The dog is easy to hate. The rest, not so much.

And yeah, hating on last minute includsions is bad enough, but blaming them for weeding out non-clones is just ignorance. Especially after you were told why they exist. :|
Fix'd. Hogan's Alley also played a role in the duo's Final Smash and Neutral Special too.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
@ Kenith Kenith Aw shucks. You named me among the most memorable Robin/Lucina supporters? That is so nice of you.

But I'm glad to have known you over the past few months since Robin's confirmation. If it wasn't for his/her reveal, I wouldn't have opened myself more to the site and would have probably quietly left had they not been in the game.

Here's to another additional 10,000 posts! And I still need to get working on that myself.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
One could say that Pac-Man and Duck Hunt Duo are, respectively, homages to arcade Namco and NES Zapper overall.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Apparently speed once again is the big thing here, in which Pit has over DP, and I think Lucina over Marth. I don't even know anymore. All I wanted was for Pit to get some love, but at least I still like him.
I sort of guess a combination of people being annoyed at the amount of attention Kid Icarus is getting, some people still being bitter over how flawed and annoying he was in the last title, and of course the kids that prefer to be edgy and what not.

I'm just guessing based on what I see.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Should this song be in the Wii U version?
Yes, it should.
This is the best mini-boss theme ever made:

I would **** bricks if this was in the Wii U version of Smash.
EDIT: I like the one you posted though. Reminds me of Dead Hand, who should've been a Smash Run enemy.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Should this song be in the Wii U version?

Yes, it should.
I've wanted an official redone version of this song for the longest time. I'd lose it if this song, whether remade or just the original version, made it into the Wii U version.

Although, at the same time I've also really wanted to see Wind Waker's mini-boss theme get similar treatment.

EDIT: Ah, that's right, forgot HD had new versions of WW's soundtrack. Would love to hear that version in the Wii U Samsh Bros.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Eh, Japan likes Pit a lot too. Along with Palutena. Japan has gone crazy for the pink Pit costume he has in this game.

Dark Pit is a twist on the evil twin trope though, being an anti-hero and rival rather than an actual villain. His typical "dark and edgy" stuff is also parodied somewhat in the game. The most obvious being Hades's "Our hero is looking goth today" line.

From what I know, some characters' portrayals have some differences in the Japanese version. The localization team took a lot of liberties with the script.

For example, Pit is more of a typical shounen protagonist and Dark Pit is more of a tsundere. The localization toned down on the anime tropes somewhat.
Now if only I'd see more Pit around personally. In the For Glory, they're rare compared to the dark counterpart, but none of em are that great in the first place. For once I want to see a semi-smart Pit roaming around, and maybe I can even learn from him. Otherwise I gotta find JP vids or something.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
What I really want is a Zelda Boss Medley like Kirby has on Halberd.
There's too many good boss themes in Zelda for only one or two of them to be featured tracks.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I've nothing to add to any current subjects now, so let me just say I've finally won Smash Run with all characters.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, I find Meta Knight better in these new games because he's no longer easy mode, but at the same time he's still a solid character to use since the game does have better offensive options.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Wind Waker mini-boss theme remix you say @ KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms ?

Only one minute s in and I'm loving this already.

I actually heard another great remix a few years back (like 2011/2012) personally I found it to be the best remix of the song I had ever heard, even considering the fact that not many remixes of the song exist, it was pretty dang amazing. Unfortunately the video/channel seems to have gotten deleted sometime after that so I don't think it's anywhere to be found now...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's too many good boss themes in Zelda for only one or two of them to be featured tracks.
I'm kind of surprised they never used Vovalgia's theme for any stages yet. It seems like a good choice for any fighting game with Zelda characters in it.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Might not be the most "epic" boss theme, but I've always loved the Helmaroc King's boss theme in Wind Waker. Would love to hear this in the Wii U version as well.

(I heard the WW HD's version of the song and didn't like it quite as much as the original)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hahahaha!! :evil:

Played Smash Run as Greninja. Got the most Speed power ups.

Final game was "Run!".

Sorry R.O.B., Lucario and Dark Pit, you guys just got rekt!

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Hahahaha!! :evil:

Played Smash Run as Greninja. Got the most Speed power ups.

Final game was "Run!".

Sorry R.O.B., Lucario and Dark Pit, you guys just got rekt!
I've noticed the AI is pretty stupid in Climb! and Run! They always SD at least twice.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This is what a Zelda Boss Medley should sound like:

- Koloktos / Molderach (Skyward Sword)
- Mini-boss theme (Wind Waker)
- Death Sword (Twilight Princess)
- Light World Boss Theme (A Link to the Past)
- Dinosaur Boss Battle (Ocarina of Time)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also, while I'm here. I wanted to introduce this to all of you.
Don't worry, it's only Pokemon.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've noticed the AI is pretty stupid in Climb! and Run! They always SD at least twice.
I utterly rekt them. I was miles ahead of them.

Now if only I'd see more Pit around personally. In the For Glory, they're rare compared to the dark counterpart, but none of em are that great in the first place. For once I want to see a semi-smart Pit roaming around, and maybe I can even learn from him. Otherwise I gotta find JP vids or something.
I've seen Dark Pit being called "Meta Knight 2.0" in the sense that kids want to use that cool dark character, but then don't play with much skill.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, just to know , how many unlocks you have yet to get?

I have all 12 outfits, 40 headgear, all moves, 682 trophies, 5 smash run power remaining, 3 challenges remaining, all characters, all assist, unlocked score display and additionnal rules.

I can only get the headgear I want being mario cap (made a paper mario mii :) ) and 4 of the 5 smash run power.

I need the 5 streetsmash hit for the redt.

How you are all doing with unlocking?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
We talking Zelda music?

I think Wind Waker has the best soundtrack when it comes to Zelda, I would've said Hyrule Warriors, but I haven't beaten that yet. The themes for Gohdan, Kalle Demos, Helmaroc King, and Molgera are awesome, no if and or buts.

Twilight Princess is also pretty neat. Midna's lament, the Hyrule Field music, Stallord Battle, Hidden Village, and of course who could forget, the skull kids maze.

Skyward Sword's soundtrack on the other hand was just.... Blah. The only good song I found on there was the battle against Koloktos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom