• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My favorite soundtrack for Zelda is a tie between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Wind Waker is really nostalgic, heartwarming, and memorable, but Twilight Princess is atmospheric but sometimes really awesome.

I would say the best soundtrack, however, belongs to Ocarina of Time. Try to think of a song from that game you don't know every note to.
If you've played it as much as I have, you can't.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Well, I flew right by my 10000th post on Smashboards!
Time to have a belated celebration of my progress!

First off, I'd like to thank @Louie G., @BluePikmin11, @SaturnGamer64, @GoldenYuiitusin, @ LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf @Cobalsh, @Scoliosis Jones and many others for enticing me to join Smashboards in the first place, and being a fun welcoming party.

Then I'd like to thank @Moon Monkey, @Rocket Raccoon, @ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi , @Radical Beam, @mimgrim @Cap'nChreest , @MunchyMunch, @ Bedoop Bedoop , @FalKoopa, @Thekewlusername, @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan and anyone else who gets sad I didn't tag them for keeping me company in the Smash 4 Social Thread - - all three of them!

I'd like to personally thank @Sehnsucht for being the most interesting being to ever grace the Earth. Also I swear I will have a use for your SWF Writer's Lounge eventually; I haven't finished what I want to show you.

Shoutouts to @Holder of the Heel, @Pega-pony Princess, @andimidna @Ghirahilda, and everyone that was here with me in the Ghirahim thread.
Shoutouts to my Robin/Lucina Barracks allies, @Robertman2, @Hong, @Lizardon, and others. I'm half asleep, complain if I missed you.

Lastly, I'd like to thank @ Kenith Kenith for being incredibly handsome, intelligent, honest, straightforward, capable, and loving person I have ever met. Don't know what I'd do without you!
Huh i'm still getting thanked by others on this thread even though my activity could be compared to an dog lying on deaths bed

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, once again I missed out on the mega evolution reveals due to being busy. Blarg...

At least I didn't miss much. The only curiosity I have is Glalie due to Moody, but besides that, the two new megas aren't very appealing to me.

I hope there's more. I'm still hoping for that Mega Breloom or Linoone.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Skyward Sword's soundtrack on the other hand was just.... Blah. The only good song I found on there was the battle against Koloktos.
You and I haven't played the same game for sure.

Make sure you listen to these beauties:
Ghirahim Battle
Ballad of the Goddess
Lanayru Sand Sea
Fi's Theme
Skyloft
Faron Woods
Lanayru Mining Facility
Fire Sanctuary

And how can you say no to a fully orchestrated soundtrack?

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
My favorite soundtrack for Zelda is a tie between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Wind Waker is really nostalgic, heartwarming, and memorable, but Twilight Princess is atmospheric but sometimes really awesome.

I would say the best soundtrack, however, belongs to Ocarina of Time. Try to think of a song from that game you don't know every note to.
If you've played it as much as I have, you can't.
Pretty much this. Special shout-out to Majora tho, that game had some really great music.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hahahaha!! :evil:

Played Smash Run as Greninja. Got the most Speed power ups.

Final game was "Run!".

Sorry R.O.B., Lucario and Dark Pit, you guys just got rekt!
I got "Run!" with Palutena later. I only had to attack enemies once to easily win the full thing. Also, it's a very nice to have a variation of Race to the Finish back. I really missed that from Brawl. Notably, Melee's version really does seem to take some notes from Board the Platforms, which is possibly why it got cut.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You and I haven't played the same game for sure.

Make sure you listen to these beauties:
Ghirahim Battle
Ballad of the Goddess
Lanayru Sand Sea
Fi's Theme
Skyloft
Faron Woods
Lanayru Mining Facility
Fire Sanctuary

And how can you say no to a fully orchestrated soundtrack?
It's just been a while since I last played Skyward Sword, Frosty.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Huh i'm still getting thanked by others on this thread even though my activity could be compared to an dog lying on deaths bed
And I never get mentioned unless it pertains to beedrill.

or when SOMEONE tries to piss me off. it doesn't work anymore, bud

Also, NEW AVATAR! it's like my old one, but with mega beedrill.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's just been a while since I last played Skyward Sword, Frosty.
Same goes for me, yet I still remember the fantastic music it had.

I got "Run!" with Palutena later. I only had to attack enemies once to easily win the full thing. Also, it's a very nice to have a variation of Race to the Finish back. I really missed that from Brawl. Notably, Melee's version really does seem to take some notes from Board the Platforms, which is possibly why it got cut.
Yeah, Run is really a lot like Race to the Finish.

Even the music is a remix of Melee's Menu theme.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon devs on lack of 3DS VC games, Smash Bros., Mega Evolutions, and more
On how Pokemon characters get into the Smash Bros. games…

Even since the very first Smash Bros., it’s been Mr. Sakurai coming to us with ideas saying, “If we put this Pokemon in this game – in Smash Bros. – we’d be able to show it off in a really cool way and do something really cool with it.” The origin comes from Mr. Sakurai. We typically go with what he wants to do because he’s really thinking of not just showing off the character in a cool way, but making sure it makes sense and works really well from a gameplay perspective. We leave it up to him.
So after all, Game Freak/Pokémon Co. have given carte blanche to Sakurai about Pokémon choices as fighters.

Well well.

Better off for him to have an as solid as diamond argument for Mewtwo's second omission.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Pokemon devs on lack of 3DS VC games, Smash Bros., Mega Evolutions, and moreSo after all, Game Freak/Pokémon Co. have given carte blanche to Sakurai about Pokémon choices as fighters.

Well well.

Better off for him to have an as solid as diamond argument for Mewtwo's second omission.
That's really interesting. So the idea to represent the most current generation is Sakurai's decision and not GameFreak's decision, contrary to what many people believe (like me).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pokemon devs on lack of 3DS VC games, Smash Bros., Mega Evolutions, and moreSo after all, Game Freak/Pokémon Co. have given carte blanche to Sakurai about Pokémon choices as fighters.

Well well.

Okay, that is nice to know. He clearly just doesn't find Mewtwo as important than we do. Also, notably, this is why he spoke up about "We're considering him" in the past. He really is in charge.

Yeah, you can blame him now. Won't lie. I disagree with his decision, but eh.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Okay, that is nice to know. He clearly just doesn't find Mewtwo as important than we do. Also, notably, this is why he spoke up about "We're considering him" in the past. He really is in charge.
Yeah, you can blame him now. Won't lie. I disagree with his decision, but eh.
I can, and I will. This kind changes everything.
The only reason I could Sakurai making such a questionable decision like this is if he has something planned. I mean, Sakurai wouldn't make the same mistake twice, right?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I guess this is one instance where we would have preferred if Game Freak had a say in the matter.
If they did, we surely would have gotten Mewtwo instead of or in addition to Greninja.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There goes the "Game Freak has control" argument.

That means this is also Sakurai's idea: :4jigglypuff:

How interesting...
He did plan to put on Mewtwo, but Jigglypuff's moveset was easier to make. He admitted this some time back. He probably feels the original 12 are something close to his children, if you will. I fully understand how he feels. They're the original faces.

Take away any of those, and you lose some of the charm of each game. We lose tons of stuff among each. Mini-Games, Modes, naturally cameos via Stickers/Trophies/Stage Elements, and so on. The characters are a major draw, so making sure that the first cast is always memorable is not actually that bad of a thing. Making them all viable is harder. XD

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The only reason I could Sakurai making such a questionable decision like this is if he has something planned. I mean, Sakurai wouldn't make the same mistake twice, right?
Like I said, I think he views Mewtwo as a mistake and there is a reluctance to try again

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Since Melee data was untransferrable to a degree, he probably would have to make him from scratch. He tried to port some of the Melee data, but it is unknown if it was all character data as is. My guess is that he found him low priority and that there were enough amazing additions, that saving him for DLC was a better idea than adding a sixth Pokemon again. Now, keep in mind despite the popularity, he probably thinks Jigglypuff is more key to Smash itself. It could also be that Japan still wants Jigglypuff in.

I think DLC so he can finish/fix/work on him without time constraints is a good thing. I doubt he'll be left out for good now.

I have a feeling if Mewtwo was where Jigglypuff is now, there would be another Pokemon where he is now.
Hell, it would probably be Jigglypuff.
Actually, I think if Mewtwo was there first, Jigglypuff would've been the "Melee only" guy.

Like I said, I think he views Mewtwo as a mistake and there is a reluctance to try again
Well, he did try definitely during Brawl. Maybe during 4. After his lackluster appearance in Melee, he has to make him pretty good for the players. Not just "existing" alone. Much of Mewtwo's dislike came off from how horrid he was in Melee. At least in competitive settings. Many say he's fun to play as, but not really good. Pichu has similar opinions. Mewtwo's main viability is in doubles due to him being a great character to stun others. He has a bit more range than Jigglypuff, too, so stunning is his better role. So he's support. Unfortunately, support characters tend to be not nearly as good on their own. They're teammates.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I wish Beedrill was relevant enough to get in smash 64.

That way he'd be MEGA relevant even today!

....oh wait

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's kind of what I was getting at.
Ah. Your wording confused me.

I do admit, Jigglypuff is really fun to play regardless. Either could've worked, as long as Mewtwo had some remote viability. Is he good in low tier tourneys? Bowser is surprisingly not as bad as the tier list suggests in low tier alone. He's easy to work with, hits like a brick, has decent recovery, and can dodge not that badly. He of course falls to some, but I still think he was made a lot nicer than Mewtwo, who was weak, floaty, and hard to work with.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
There goes the "Game Freak has control" argument.

That means this is also Sakurai's idea: :4jigglypuff:

How interesting...
Thank Sakurai.

With the "2 game rule" broken, if GameFreak had been in charge then Lucario and Jigglypuff would most certainly be cut in the next game and replaced with Pichu, Charmeleon and Goodra. *cringes* There would then be a never ending cycle of "cut, replace" depending on popularity and recency, with only Pick&Chew (:4pikachu:) being immune.

I shudder at the thought. :urg:

Maybe I'm just being too cynical of GameFreak.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
One thing that confused me about Mewtwo is that he has two moves dedicated to disorientating enemies. Why?
Why is only one of his specials any kind of attack?

I think if Mewtwo's returning as DLC he should have the following:
- More weight
- More power

Standard Special: Shadow Ball now has a different stance and appearance; at full charge the ball will hit multiple times.
Side Special: Psystrike is a physical charge move that leaves Mewtwo vulnerable if he misses.
Down Special: Confusion has a much larger range, however he cannot launch enemies with it a second time and the confusion only lasts for a second or so.
Up Special: Teleport is exactly the same, but it goes farther.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Also, while I'm here. I wanted to introduce this to all of you.
Don't worry, it's only Pokemon.
That's nothing compared to the animals from Sonic's Schoolhouse (Especially the damn monkey). If you haven't seen the horror yet, I'll just introduce it to you. But it's still nothing compared to Sonic CD's hidden message.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One thing that confused me about Mewtwo is that he has two moves dedicated to disorientating enemies. Why?

- More weight
- More power

Standard Special: Shadow Ball now has a different stance and appearance; at full charge the ball will hit multiple times.
Side Special: Psystrike is a physical charge move that leaves Mewtwo vulnerable if he misses.
Down Special: Confusion has a much larger range, however he cannot launch enemies with it a second time and the confusion only lasts for a second or so.
He was clearly made as a support role. Cool concept, doesn't translate well to 1 on 1, though.

Sakurai probably has to severely redo him, means he'll take longer than most. That said, what about his Customs? Aura Sphere has nothing besides the literal shape of the ball/charging properties of Shadow Ball at best, so cloning those customs to a degree might not work.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

- More weight
- More power

I agree, Mewtwo needs a revamp if he's even gonna return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom