• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
When I read this, I had a mind-blowing moment of clarity. Gen III never had a playable rep, right? Well, you know how ORAS and Smash4 are releasing on the same day? What if DLC/secret Wii U characters turns out to actually be a thing, and one of the newcomers is a Gen III Pokemon?

To be fair, Gen V also never had a playable rep, and we already have a bunch of Pokemon reps so adding a Gen III Pokemon could be too many. But if it was the case, which Gen III Pokemon do you think would make the best addition to the Smash4 roster? I'd say Sceptile because fully-evolved Grass-type starter.
At least Gen III got a kickass boss. :awesome:

And Sceptile or Plusle & Minun for the win, imo.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Just got the 100 custom moves milestone.

Still long way to go.

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
...Your point being?
No point, really. Wasn't there that joke back in the day about the kid who was all like "I like turtles" and then people turned it into a Pokemon joke by saying "i liek mudkipz"? I was just making a reference to that, that's all.

Gen III was the hardest generation for me because I had so much trouble picking a starter. Because I too like Mudkips.

Well, after Gen I, anyway. #neverforget

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No point, really. Wasn't there that joke back in the day about the kid who was all like "I like turtles" and then people turned it into a Pokemon joke by saying "i liek mudkipz"? I was just making a reference to that, that's all.
Actually, it's a very different story. One that's rather not safe for work.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
"Toadette is set to appear in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker as a playable character alongside Captain Toad. Her appearance is made to resemble Captain Toad, as she wears a similar explorer's outfit. At one point she gets kidnapped by Wingo while attempting to retrieve a Power Star."
:rolleyes: Oh Nintendo. So non-progressive.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
"Toadette is set to appear in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker as a playable character alongside Captain Toad. Her appearance is made to resemble Captain Toad, as she wears a similar explorer's outfit. At one point she gets kidnapped by Wingo while attempting to retrieve a Power Star."
:rolleyes:
It's a Mario spinoff, surprised?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Could have been worse. She's at least playable in most of the game right?

I do find it a bit funny that the one spin-off series that could have easily used this trope, didn't. Luigi's Mansion could have had him save Daisy or whoever, but nah. Luigi's got family as his priority.

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Where did you find this? It's awesome, has Toadette ever been a playable character before? Shame about the kidnapping though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, and disappointed.
Partially because it's silly that the only female is always plot device, but mostly because it means Toadette is not playable from the start.
Mario is Missing, Super Princess Peach, Luigi's Mansion... not really. It's more that rarely are the males kidnapped and that it's only Mario that gets that "pleasure".

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm more baffled by the name Wingo. Who names their kid Wingo?

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Have you been living under a rock since 2003?
I guess so? This made me chuckle. Like, what main-series games has Toadette been in? I know she's in Mario Party/MarioKart/Mario____ sportgames, but is she canonically part of the Mario Universe? I always thought she was kind of like Daisy or Waluigi, just a gender-equality thing for Toad.

Just realized how that sounded, no I am not saying that Waluigi or Daisy was designed as a gender-equality thing for Toad. And parents with names like "Dingo and Bingo" might name their kid "Wingo".

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Toadette is playable? Yesss. I had a little soft spot for her.

Now to hope for Toadsworth get some part in it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If I were to pick someone from Gen III to be playable, I would choose either Miror B + Ludicolo (XD), Michael + Eevee (XD), Wally + Gallade (ORAS), Linoone or Breloom.

D

Deleted member

Rayquaza should be promoted from Boss to Playable Character if we need a Gen III character.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I guess so? This made me chuckle. Like, what main-series games has Toadette been in? I know she's in Mario Party/MarioKart/Mario____ sportgames, but is she canonically part of the Mario Universe? I always thought she was kind of like Daisy or Waluigi, just a gender-equality thing for Toad.

Just realized how that sounded, no I am not saying that Waluigi or Daisy was designed as a gender-equality thing for Toad. And parents with names like "Dingo and Bingo" might name their kid "Wingo".
Oh. In that sense no. Closest I can think to it is... You know what? You're right in that.

Daisy canonically exists though, she first appeared in Super Mario Land.

Rayquaza should be promoted from Boss to Playable Character if we need a Gen III character.
So, you want to change the "Ridley is too big" meme for "Rayquaza is too big"?

P.D.: Your avatar has best waifu ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not entirely sure if you're serious. I have a bit hard time seeing a serpent like dragon working in a fighter. I guess it could work though. His final Smash could definitely be that new signature attack they gave him. It's flashy enough.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

There is no Mario canon. Miyamoto said that every character just plays a role in a game similar to an actor, which is why they can be in a Racing or a Platformer easily. "Main series" is actually a misnomer. There's Platformers, Sports, Party, Puzzle, and more types of Genres it incorporates. Either way, no, she hasn't been in a Platformer till now. Games with some platforming elements aside don't count. Mario Party very often has those sections in a mini-game, but still.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I really love your new avatar @Kermit the Ninja!
You're probably not serious, but I don't see it work as Rayquaza can't walk. Would be like making Captain Toad playable who can't jump.

D

Deleted member

Not entirely sure if you're serious. I have a bit hard time seeing a serpent like dragon working in a fighter. I guess it could work though. His final Smash could definitely be that new signature attack they gave him. It's flashy enough.
I'm not serious.

So, you want to change the "Ridley is too big" meme for "Rayquaza is too big"?
Sure.

P.D.: Your avatar has best waifu ever.

I don't understand what the point of having a "waifu" is, but I will make it perfectly clear that I don't have one

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I really love your new avatar @Kermit the Ninja!
You're probably not serious, but I don't see it work as Rayquaza can't walk. Would be like making Captain Toad playable who can't jump.
Captain Toad is the same Toad in Super Mario Bros. 2 USA. And other games. He can totally jump.

Also, the idea is that Rayquaza needs to move around the battlefield while not being severely huge, and do it in a balanced way. That is an issue.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I'm not serious.

As for my avatar:

Enjoy your nightmares :troll:

If I'm allowed to be unrealistic, Politoed.
11/10, best Mango.

As for Pokemon, I've already mentioned Zoroark. Since it could work in a similar manner to Shang Tsung in Mortal Kombat. Though I guess Ditto can too. But Ditto's not the best fighter on it's own.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anyone who seriously thinks that an Assist Trophy should be promoted into a fighter a la DLC is seriously delusional. Like the developers would seriously waste time giving a character one role and rework them all over a again to give them a new role within a year. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom