• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No Sheik, no dice. Zelda doesn't make sense without her. It's the only reason she ever showed fighting prowess in a canon Zelda game.

Ganondorf definitely had no chance outside of being a clone, or without his sword(since it didn't exist in the Zelda games). He's less worth it than Sheik if we want a more unique character.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No Sheik, no dice. Zelda doesn't make sense without her. It's the only reason she ever showed fighting prowess in a canon Zelda game.

Ganondorf definitely had no chance outside of being a clone, or without his sword(since it didn't exist in the Zelda games). He's less worth it than Sheik if we want a more unique character.
So...I should cut Zelda?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So...I should cut Zelda?
Sheik stays as a Transformation or is a separate selectable character. Either, or. I'd rather have Pig Ganon anyway since he does have a weapon early on and could have a far more interesting moveset, imo.

And you did make it clear Sheik is gone, otherwise I wouldn't be saying that. Just remember, Zelda never fought outside of her Sheik form besides two non-canon games that Nintendo hates and the TV show. And maybe the Comics. Why would she be playable in Smash without her battle counterpart, the one she uses to do the fighting? That makes no sense. Almost everybody fights naturally as well. Or at least has fighting moves by default. Zelda stole all of hers from Link or got fully made up ones. Sheik was fully implied to fight in OOT and does so in the Manga as well. It's not till WW that Zelda herself ever fought. So no, I doubt she'd have been in without her battle outfit. I would feel it's more like Ganondorf would have been in Melee over her if Sheik didn't exist. And some other character that wasn't a clone. Diddy if they could get past the copyright issues is a fair option. Maybe a Gen II Pokemon besides Pichu.(actually, not representing Gen II is a travesty. Every time the latest Gen is always repped by a playable character. I don't think that should change, even if the previous one gets shafted out of one for it. Each one has been really cool.)

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I think you're sort of missing the point of the conversation from earlier. We're taking the same frame of time constraints in mind. This wouldn't have been a plausible outcome.

And the lack of the latest Gen rep (at the time) is disheartening imho :<

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sheik stays as a Transformation or is a separate selectable character. Either, or. I'd rather have Pig Ganon anyway since he does have a weapon early on and could have a far more interesting moveset, imo.

And you did make it clear Sheik is gone, otherwise I wouldn't be saying that. Just remember, Zelda never fought outside of her Sheik form besides two non-canon games that Nintendo hates and the TV show. And maybe the Comics. Why would she be playable in Smash without her battle counterpart, the one she uses to do the fighting? That makes no sense. Almost everybody fights naturally as well. Or at least has fighting moves by default. Zelda stole all of hers from Link or got fully made up ones. Sheik was fully implied to fight in OOT and does so in the Manga as well. It's not till WW that Zelda herself ever fought. So no, I doubt she'd have been in without her battle outfit. I would feel it's more like Ganondorf would have been in Melee over her if Sheik didn't exist. And some other character that wasn't a clone. Diddy if they could get past the copyright issues is a fair option. Maybe a Gen II Pokemon besides Pichu.(actually, not representing Gen II is a travesty. Every time the latest Gen is always repped by a playable character. I don't think that should change, even if the previous one gets shafted out of one for it. Each one has been really cool.)
Okay, so...
I should cut Zelda. And keep Sheik.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Okay, so...
I should cut Zelda. And keep Sheik.
Then there lies a problem. Now the title character is not playable but her alter ego is. One can't exist without the other.

There is kind of a reason why Sakurai did what he did with the Melee roster. Any compromises on existing non-clones doesn't make much sense.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Then there lies a problem. Now the title character is not playable but her alter ego is. One can't exist without the other.
There is kind of a reason why Sakurai did what he did with the Melee roster. Any compromises on existing non-clones doesn't make much sense.
...I see what needs to be done to make this perfect.
I'll just add Sheik back as a transformation character. Then, I'll keep Ganondorf, but make him a Captain Falcon clone. I'll cut King Dedede then replace him with Falco as a Fox clone, Young Link as a Link clone, Dr. Mario as a Mario clone, Roy as a Marth clone, and Pichu as a Pikachu clone.
Perfect!

...Wait, ****

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Since were talking trade-offs: cut Pichu and Young Link to make Ganondorf not a clone, profit. Perfect Melee.
Wouldn't work. It takes 6 of those clones to make a non-clone. That's the ratio given to us. Six clones with heavy work done is equivalent to one unique character.

Themandme

Smash Ace
NNID
shadowthehegehog
3DS FC
3222-5798-4330
Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...I see what needs to be done to make this perfect.
I'll just add Sheik back as a seperate character. Then, I'll keep Ganondorf, but make him a Captain Falcon clone. I'll keep King Dedede and add Falco as a Fox clone, Toon Link as a Link clone, Dr. Mario as a Luigi clone, Roy as a Bowser Jr. Costume, and cut Pichu.
Perfect!
Fixed. :4drmario:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You really like those literal jokes, don't you? :p
When Quest 64's monsters are sometimes Puns, yes. Hot Lips is a Tulip Monster. Bumpershoot is just a monster who actually shoots fireballs like a Fireworks display. And basically an Oni. Parassault is my favorite one; It's an Oni with a Parasol-style dress and assaults you. It may or may not get worse.

Hyper is a she... Dude isn't used for females... is it?
Nope. But some do use it as a "gender neutral" pronoun when saying that kind of phrase. It just means "person" in that scenario.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You really like those literal jokes, don't you? :p

Hyper is a she... Dude isn't used for females... is it?
I know Hyper is a girl. But I tend to call everybody dude. A lot of people in the States do actually. It'd be weird if I called her bruh or bro though.

Leonardo's the best turtle.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I used some of my endless free time to make a custom version of every character in Smash 4.
Inserting "Bro" into every one of their names.

Time to wreck Smash Run with Brocina, Lucaribro, Brosalina, and Brolutena.
Oh, and let's not forget Waribro, Fox McBro, Jigglybro, and Mr. Game & Bro.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I used some of my endless free time to make a custom version of every character in Smash 4.

Jigglybro should be a new pokemon.

So, did you make Brolk, Mega Bro, Bronic the Brohog, and Broigi?

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Pretty sure I just played against someone named '420 No Scope'.

...Why am I even surprised?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

What about Robotic Operating Bro? :awesome:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Kinda interested in Zebro Suit Sabro and Brollager.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My internet must suck right now. Because I'm not getting any connections. It just keeps saying that there's a communication error. Might have to do with it raining around where I'm at. Don't know for sure. I want to get some practice really bad though.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Maybe a Gen II Pokemon besides Pichu.(actually, not representing Gen II is a travesty. Every time the latest Gen is always repped by a playable character. I don't think that should change, even if the previous one gets shafted out of one for it. Each one has been really cool.)
When I read this, I had a mind-blowing moment of clarity. Gen III never had a playable rep, right? Well, you know how ORAS and Smash4 are releasing on the same day? What if DLC/secret Wii U characters turns out to actually be a thing, and one of the newcomers is a Gen III Pokemon?

To be fair, Gen V also never had a playable rep, and we already have a bunch of Pokemon reps so adding a Gen III Pokemon could be too many. But if it was the case, which Gen III Pokemon do you think would make the best addition to the Smash4 roster? I'd say Sceptile because fully-evolved Grass-type starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom