• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Smash 4's online is much better in Brawl's since in a good connection there's no button delay (something Brawl never had), but there's still lag in some areas, especially in 4-player matches in For Fun. Sometimes it'll happen in 1v1s if connections are bad, but still beats Brawl's.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I should have changed my name to mega beedrill like I mentioned once.

That would make this even more awesome.

Also, we still need Mega Flygon

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So I just got into a team match with Me (Dark Pit) and Colonel Christie(Sonic) vs Christian (Dark Pit) and Christina (Lucario) As if the names weren't enough, the match itself was just hilarious. "Electroshock! Electroshock! Electroshock! Electroshock! Electroshock! Electroshock! Electroshock! Electroshock! Electroshock! Electroshock! Electroshock! Sudden Death! Electrosho- Electrosho- Agh! Agh!" I love the fact that two people using Pit/Dark Pit's side specials into each other won't cancel them out. Just watching those symmetrical trails of smoke fly off is amazing.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
So, is SSB4's online as garbage as everyone is saying it is? I haven't bothered to try it out yet.
It's pretty back and forth actually. Sometimes you'll get a perfect match, sometimes you'll get a little lag, and sometimes it'll be almost unplayable. I've had more good matches than bad, but it's definitely still a problem at times.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sakurai, you had really done it! You had the friggin' nerve to call your own fanbase "children" (especially all the clone haters). I'm officially proud of what you've said this day and Kamiya would feel that way too.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sakurai, you had really done it! You had the friggin' nerve to call your own fanbase "children" (especially all the clone haters). I'm officially proud of what you've said this day and Kamiya would feel that way too.
Well to be fair, quite a bit of the audience are kids (both in the physical and possibly mental sense).

Renji64

Smash Lord
I think sakurai was right about this game being more fun than brawl or melee. I have been enjoying it alot I ended up not maining dk anymore the changes were too much now maining wii fit trainer. The online has been so smooth for me i wish the local lag gets fixed tho.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well to be fair, quite a bit of the audience are kids (both in the physical and possibly mental sense).
But still, he needed to put his ever awful fan base into their place, especially when they had the nerve to not understand all the handwork he have been through making this iteration of Smash. Every where I go on the Net, I've seen petty complaints like "Where the **** is my Mewtwo?" or "Trade out that ****ty Dark Pit for a better character". It would have been much more satisfying if he went Kamiya and said "Is Super Smash Bros. your god? " or "**** off, Smash *******!".

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
But still, he needed to put his ever awful fan base into their place, especially when they had the nerve to not understand all the handwork he have been through making this iteration of Smash. Every where I go on the Net, I've seen petty complaints like "Where the **** is my Mewtwo?" or "Trade out that ****ty Dark Pit for a better character". It would have been much more satisfying if he went Kamiya and said "Is Super Smash Bros. your god? " or "**** off, Smash *******!".
He should respond to every character request with "Ask your mom"

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So, is SSB4's online as garbage as everyone is saying it is? I haven't bothered to try it out yet.
It's very dependant on connections, I don't think it's bad personally and I'm running off of Connectify, when I'm at my dad's place it runs almost flawlessly. 4 player matches rarely work though as all it takes is one person having a bad connection to ruin the entire experience. Will likely get much better once the Wii U version comes out since it's possible to have a wired connection.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So there's going to be a legit Archie meets Predator comic book. Don't ask me why. It's just happening. Just like the time he worked with the Punisher.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Playing with other members of TSC, it's absolutely amazing, there is no lag to speak of (if it freezes it's because someone's internet died, then it's followed by a no contest.)
It may not be as good with random people online, but if you and your friend/ random person have good net it will be indistinguishable form a normal match.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Getting Robin, Dark Pit and Rosalina in All-Star is a pain, even on Normal. And accidentally throwing myself off the cliff doesn't help it either. :facepalm:
What's a quick way to farm coins?
I normally do 10 or 15 stock matches in VS. mode. That gets me 200 or 300 something coins per match.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Is it bad that I really want to see if this is any good?
Morbid curiosity is a strange thing, is it not?

I'm more impressed the series is still going.
I don't quite get it either, but Archie's mundane and slice of life adventures have been going as strong as they were before. It's intriguing. But, I'm more of a Superhero guy. So maybe I just don't get it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Smash 4's online is definitely better than Brawl's. But for me, it's still not that great. I guess I don't have a really good connection.

I change my avatar way too much.
Yeah, but this time you have ****ing Guts the Beast as your avatar. Dare I say, it's an improvement.

Though that Dio Ridley was cool too.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Smash 4's online is definitely better than Brawl's. But for me, it's still not that great. I guess I don't have a really good connection.

Yeah, but this time you have ****ing Guts the Beast as your avatar. Dare I say, it's an improvement.
Its indeed hard to top the protagonist of Rapehorse Adventures

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Its indeed hard to top the protagonist of Rapehorse Adventures
He's a man that's lived a hard life. I can't think of a single protagonist that would have had a ****tier childhood. And then gets kicked down some more later in life. But he's still a real badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom