• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Some of those calls are probably for Wii U modes.

Or maybe DLC will bring some of those modes to the 3DS version? I mean, the 3DS version will be compatible with amiibo on the New 3DS.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Someone was bored and did this. :laugh:
What.

Someone had a lot of time in their hands.

Lol, the irony with Little Mac scoring 115 KOs but in last place, but Dark Pit has 82 KOs on the first place. A 99 stock match with 4 CPUs is some crazy thing.

And I realize how Little Mac's art style clashes a bit with Dark Pit, Shulk and Robin's anime-like appearances.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Is there some significance I am missing?
Clearly Little Mac was a little too focused on getting K.Os.

What.

Someone had a lot of time in their hands.

Lol, the irony with Little Mac scoring 115 KOs but in last place, but Dark Pit has 82 KOs on the first place. A 99 stock match with 4 CPUs is some crazy thing.

And I realize how Little Mac's art style clashes a bit with Dark Pit, Shulk and Robin's anime-like appearances.
Yeah, Little Mac's newer design definitely has more of a western influence in it. Which makes sense, as Boxing is pretty big in the west.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...u-director-has-harsh-words-for-clone-critics/

I find it sad that immature children on the gamefaqs board who spam Chrob(chrom misspelling) and Ridley in EVERY topic can make better roster decisions than you Sakurai.

I feel like I am reading an interview with ubisoft :facepalm: It is okay to take out Ice Climbers because they won't be getting a new game. Btw here is :4duckhunt: and also :4palutena: and :4darkpit: even though a sequel for KIU won't happen anytime soon :facepalm:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...u-director-has-harsh-words-for-clone-critics/

I find it sad that immature children on the gamefaqs board who spam Chrob(chrom misspelling) and Ridley in EVERY topic can make better roster decisions than you Sakurai.

I feel like I am reading an interview with ubisoft :facepalm: It is okay to take out Ice Climbers because they won't be getting a new game. Btw here is :4duckhunt: and also :4palutena: and :4darkpit: even though a sequel for KIU won't happen anytime soon :facepalm:
Do you feel accomplished? Play Melee or Brawl if you don't like the roster.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

What he probably meant is that characters with unlikely sequels were given less priority. The Ice Climbers were probably seen as too time consuming to be worth the trouble, and development time is a limited resource.

Also, Kid Icarus is currently quite popular in Japan. Popularity is a factor.

As for :4darkpit:, he, like :4drmario: and :4lucina: were originally planned as alt costumes but got promoted to separate slots upon given slight differences. Sakurai has stated they weren't time consuming and lesser effort was put into them in order to avoid balancing issues when editing existing characters/assets. Something that makes perfect sense from a developer's point of view.

I have enough experience on computer programming to know what I'm talking about when I come up with the developer's perspective.

Yeah, Little Mac's newer design definitely has more of a western influence in it. Which makes sense, as Boxing is pretty big in the west.
Well, Punch-Out!! Wii was developed by a Western studio, Next Level Games, so it makes sense the designs are Western styled. Even his trailer was in comic book style. Contrast with Palutena's anime trailer. Also, note how Japan reacted to him: they had little to no idea who he was and was pretty much a WTF character for them. Some did acknowledge he was more notable "overseas" though.

Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
What he probably meant is that characters with unlikely sequels were given less priority. The Ice Climbers were probably seen as too time consuming to be worth the trouble, and development time is a limited resource.

Also, Kid Icarus is currently quite popular in Japan. Popularity is a factor.

As for :4darkpit:, he, like :4drmario: and :4lucina: were originally planned as alt costumes but got promoted to separate slots upon given slight differences. Sakurai has stated they weren't time consuming and lesser effort was put into them in order to avoid balancing issues when editing existing characters/assets. Something that makes perfect sense from a developer's point of view.

I have enough experience on computer programming to know what I'm talking about when I come up with the developer's perspective.

Well, Punch-Out!! Wii was developed by a Western studio, Next Level Games, so it makes sense the designs are Western styled. Even his trailer was in comic book style. Contrast with Palutena's anime trailer. Also, note how Japan reacted to him: they had little to no idea who he was and was pretty much a WTF character for them. Some did acknowledge he was more notable "overseas" though.
Lucas and Wolf wouldn't have taken much effort either considering that their specials are in the game and also they have similar bodies to Ness/Wolf

They decide on what to spend a lot of time on(Palutena) and what to spend little to no time on(Changing Ganondorf). Also I doubt popularity is a deciding factor since Rosalina was added because she was popular(2 years ago she wasn't special), and also the hype 3 aren't even in(DLC because they want moneyzz)

Insulting the fanbase saying they are children is him being unprofessional. Especially with all of the childish trolling and tear licking that he did

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Lucas and Wolf wouldn't have taken much effort either considering that their specials are in the game and also they have similar bodies to Ness/Wolf

They decide on what to spend a lot of time on(Palutena) and what to spend little to no time on(Changing Ganondorf). Also I doubt popularity is a deciding factor since Rosalina was added because she was popular(2 years ago she wasn't special), and also the hype 3 aren't even in(DLC because they want moneyzz)

Insulting the fanbase saying they are children is him being unprofessional. Especially with all of the childish trolling and tear licking that he did
That's not entirely true. Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr Mario are a bit of a different situation. They were already planned as costumes so their models, movements, etc were already in the game by the time they made that decision in order to do Wolf or Lucas they would of had to work further with the models as Lucas doesn't fit 100% with Ness nor does Wolf with Fox, that's an over simplification of a more complex integration.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
And to think I could enter this thread thinking I would be escaping from this same exact argument. lol

That's not entirely true. Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr Mario are a bit of a different situation. They were already planned as costumes so their models, movements, etc were already in the game by the time they made that decision in order to do Wolf or Lucas they would of had to work further with the models as Lucas doesn't fit 100% with Ness nor does Wolf with Fox, that's an over simplification of a more complex integration.
This very much.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

For one thing, a large part of this fanbase is, in fact, childish whiners who complain about everything. Another part of this fanbase is quite literally, just actual children. Sakurai is justified in making that claim, because it's so true.
And to think I could enter this thread thinking I would be escaping from this same exact argument. lol

This very much.
that's why I came here, but lo and behold...
I'm gonna stick around anyway, I have literally nothing better to do right now.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Do you feel accomplished? Go respond to other people if you aren't going to actually contribute anything

I am complaining about Sakurai complaining. I am sure there is a block button if you need it

You seem upset.

If you don't like the man's business practices simply don't play his games, do what you feel is best.
I'm not going to bother to waste braincells on a more appropriate answer.
By the way, try not to double post. Cheers :grin:

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Lucina doesn't fit 100% with Marth which is why she is shorter. Also Sakurai stated that he Initially had considered including Lucina as one of Marth’s alternate costumes. He didn't necessarily said that she was already a costume and then was transferred hence her model, movements, etc weren't for sure already in the game by the time they made that decision.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Can we just talk about how cute Kirby is in this game

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Can we just talk about how cute Kirby is in this game
Sure. I like most of kirby this time around. The only disappointments are:
1. Hiiiiiii! Sounds weird this time, not sure why.
2. When Kirby copies Robin and uses Thoron, he doesn't actually say, "Thoron!" He just yells.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Lucina doesn't fit 100% with Marth which is why she is shorter. Also Sakurai stated that he Initially had considered including Lucina as one of Marth’s alternate costumes. He didn't necessarily said that she was already a costume and then was transferred hence her model, movements, etc weren't for sure already in the game by the time they made that decision.
Size is easily adjustable in regards the models themselves, what makes Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit easier then Lucas or Wolf is because they still share similar animations to already existing characters, animations that take longer to create then the individual models themselves. Lucas and Wolf in particular though they had cloneish special attacks, their general animation and general attack behavior was very different.

Could they have made Lucas or Wolf into a direct costume or clone of Ness or Fox like they did with those 3, yes but then they would cease to be what they were in Brawl which I think would of simply made the situation even worse.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman

You seem upset.

If you don't like the man's business practices simply don't play his games, do what you feel is best.
I'm not going to bother to waste braincells on a more appropriate answer.
By the way, try not to double post. Cheers :grin:
If I wasn't going to buy the game I wouldn't have been wasting my braincells to even complain. I pre-ordered it so I bought the right to complain as much as I want. I am paying for it after all.
You could at least use some of your braincells to think about something as obvious as that, you are already using one to type

But you can be another one of Sakurai's puppets that eats everything he feeds them if you want.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Nobody here is saying Sakurai is a God who does nothing wrong. But baseless complaining isn't gonna get you anywhere.
And why do I read complaints like this in every thread suddenly? Are we being raided by the anti-Sakurai police or something?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
If I wasn't going to buy the game I wouldn't have been wasting my braincells to even complain. I pre-ordered it so I bought the right to complain as much as I want. I am paying for it after all.
You could at least use some of your braincells to think about something as obvious as that, you are already using one to type

But you can be another one of Sakurai's puppets that eats everything he feeds them if you want.
Way to be rude dude. "____'s Puppets, drones, robots, servants, etc." is just a cop out for, "I have no argument left." Seriously, it's not a good idea to say that and expect to be taken seriously. It's quite hilarious honestly.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Nobody here is saying Sakurai is a God who does nothing wrong. But baseless complaining isn't gonna get you anywhere.
And why do I read complaints like this in every thread suddenly? Are we being raided by the anti-Sakurai police or something?
This man speaks the truth.

Oh no! You payed 40$ for a game that is slightly imperfect in your eyes, what will the world come to? Don't be entitled.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Result of Sakurai's reasoning for the clone characters in the article mostly.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just watched my Sister play For Glory; Feeling It Edition.
She faced a Lucina player and kept going "AHM REELY PHEELIN' ETE!", and the Lucina player kinda was like "Hi" and taunted too
Later on her and the japanese player from before kept playing, then it just turned into a match where my sis was Dedede and the other player was Kirby and it was just a Taunt-Party for the first 25 seconds.

Oh, how I will enjoy playing For Glory as Kirby and making "Friends". =w=

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Size is easily adjustable in regards the models themselves, what makes Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit easier then Lucas or Wolf is because they still share similar animations to already existing characters, animations that take longer to create then the individual models themselves. Lucas and Wolf in particular though they had cloneish special attacks, their general animation and general attack behavior was very different.

Could they have made Lucas or Wolf into a direct costume or clone of Ness or Fox like they did with those 3, yes but then they would cease to be what they were in Brawl which I think would of simply made the situation even worse.
Having Dr.Mario and not Mewtwo made the situation worse. :mewtwomelee:>:roymelee:>:drmario: in terms of requests

Sakurai himself said they can't just bring characters from Melee without making them from scratch. Yes Dr.Mario has Mario's
model but Roy has Marths model right? So why not add him instead of :4lucina: and keep her as the so called costume alt?

The situation couldn't be worse than taking out a character that only has smash to live for

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You do realize that Nintendo's biggest demographic is probably children, right?

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Way to be rude dude. "____'s Puppets, drones, robots, servants, etc." is just a cop out for, "I have no argument left." Seriously, it's not a good idea to say that and expect to be taken seriously. It's quite hilarious honestly.
I wasn't even giving a real argument to someone who isn't contributing and just wants some attention. Wow such smarts

You do realize that Nintendo's biggest demographic is probably children, right?
Children play pokemon but a lot of adults play it also. So if people from 15-25 complain about new pokemon designs then in Sakurai's eyes it means that they are complaining because they are being childish and not because the new designs are ugly

What I am basically trying to say is that Sakurai is making excuses.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
''Smash World''?? Did they just acknowledge Smashboards?? xD
These audio clips suddenly make me all giggity and excited again. I assume Smash World is going to be the new "Story/Adventure" mode, and collect the coins will be this game's break the targets. 8 player Smash tho, thats mysterious.

Last edited:

Soul.

Apparently Smash World is a 3DS exclusive mode. Good I guess.
In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U version comes out.

This mode will be called “Smash World.“

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom