• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
He's a man that's lived a hard life. I can't think of a single protagonist that would have had a ****tier childhood. And then gets kicked down some more later in life. But he's still a real badass.
Wish Miura would end the series already though. He said himself he havent planned the series out and it shows in how directionless the series kinda became later on. Also he's almost 50 now and at the rate he publishes stuff theres a high risk of him dying before he finishes his work, which would be a shame.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wish Miura would end the series already though. He said himself he havent planned the series out and it shows in how directionless the series kinda became later on. Also he's almost 50 now and at the rate he publishes stuff theres a high risk of him dying before he finishes his work, which would be a shame.
Well, when it does end, I just hope we get one more really good fight scene out of it. I can easily imagine that Berserk will have a pretty grim ending though. Given the tone the series always has.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai, you had really done it! You had the friggin' nerve to call your own fanbase "children" (especially all the clone haters). I'm officially proud of what you've said this day and Kamiya would feel that way too.
I've seen Kamiya and Sakurai talking to each other on Twitter before. And there's a photo of them both at this year's E3 too.

Combine that with the fact he's a friend of Kojima...

I honestly cant blame Sakurai for anything when the majority of your fanbase asks for characters like Naruto and Shrek.
To be rather honest, he's more like "you guys always whine, so I'm doing whatever I want".

As if Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion wasn't enough to prove a point.

Anyway, we talking about manga? I've heard of Berserk before... A little too grim for my tastes, based on my knowledge.

Also, this month's Attack on Titan chapter. Holy ****...

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, this month's Attack on Titan chapter. Holy ****...
Yeah, pretty neat plot twist. Though I'm sure most people are waiting for them to go into a bit more detail. Also, Eren's line about always getting kidnapped was actually funny as hell.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Wow, I actually managed to hit someone with a fully charged hammer flip. 7% to dead. That's REALLY powerful...
I also managed to play a team match with Luigi and get 5 kills. Every single one was made with the Super jump punch.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Just played a 15-stock match against a lvl 9 CPU. Won with 11 lives left. Time for For Glory, I think.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Just played a 15-stock match against a lvl 9 CPU. Won with 11 lives left. Time for For Glory, I think.
Speaking of high # stock matches, I miss 1-2 Mushroomy Kingdom... It was so fun to break the game there, and you can't do it on the 3ds version :(

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Speaking of high # stock matches, I miss 1-2 Mushroomy Kingdom... It was so fun to break the game there, and you can't do it on the 3ds version :(
Aw, it hasn't returned for real? :(
That's a shame. I dislike the stage because of the scrolling, but 1-2 was a nice easter egg.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's good dude. The best I ever did was a 10 stock with 5 lives left. I used Mega Man against a Level 9 Greninja.

Look on the bright side, at least there's no Spear Pillar. That place is awful.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wow, I actually managed to hit someone with a fully charged hammer flip. 7% to dead. That's REALLY powerful...
I also managed to play a team match with Luigi and get 5 kills. Every single one was made with the Super jump punch.
Very powerful you say?
Well I wonder how well it can do in the Home Run Contest...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Aw, it hasn't returned for real? :(
That's a shame. I dislike the stage because of the scrolling, but 1-2 was a nice easter egg.
I only really liked 1-2 for my special matches. Like I said, "To break the game"
Look on the bright side, at least there's no Spear Pillar. That place is awful.
Except I liked Spear Pillar. It was one of my favorite stages. So that's more like the dark side for me. :(

On a side note though, Olimar's ftilt shouldn't be as good as it is.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, pretty neat plot twist. Though I'm sure most people are waiting for them to go into a bit more detail. Also, Eren's line about always getting kidnapped was actually funny as hell.
Yeah, Eren's line added a bit of humor, which isn't a bad thing at all to counterbalance the otherwise moody theme of the story.

In fact, I could go on and elaborate how adding drama to comedy or vice versa adds a lot to a story, but I'll be short and state how I like it when authors mix both.

I was kind of getting bored of Attack on Titan for the last few chapters. It had a horribly slow pacing and the story was getting uninteresting. This plot twist brought back what makes this manga really good. Here's hoping Isayama manages to keep the pace going from now on.

I was perplexed by the plot twist. I mean, we've seen that Eren's father gave him that injection and the key to the basement. Eren also dreams with that.

However, it has always been built up that Eren's father was missing and one of Eren's objectives was to reunite with him. Turns out he's actually dead and Eren ate him when he turned into a Titan presumably through the injection that also gave him amnesia.

This raises a load of questions and has massive implications on what the Titans are. Given how abrupt the chapter ends, we will only know how Eren will react to this on the next chapter.

Also glad that the whole uprising arc was finally resolved. I'm really anticipating the next chapter!

No one would have seen this coming. And it was amazing. Isayama did this part really well. An excellent way to finish the chapter.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So, ever since before I even joined SmashBoards, I've noticed that the "Users Viewing Thread number and the number of users listed is always off by one. It says 12 UVT, but it only lists 11. Why is that?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So, ever since before I even joined SmashBoards, I've noticed that the "Users Viewing Thread number and the number of users listed is always off by one. It says 12 UVT, but it only lists 11. Why is that?
Holy Pit, you're right. What does it meeeeaaaaaan?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Sakurai is spying on us and is invisible!!

:0

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, Eren's line added a bit of humor, which isn't a bad thing at all to counterbalance the otherwise moody theme of the story.

In fact, I could go on and elaborate how adding drama to comedy or vice versa adds a lot to a story, but I'll be short and state how I like it when authors mix both.

I was kind of getting bored of Attack on Titan for the last few chapters. It had a horribly slow pacing and the story was getting uninteresting. This plot twist brought back what makes this manga really good. Here's hoping Isayama manages to keep the pace going from now on.

I was perplexed by the plot twist. I mean, we've seen that Eren's father gave him that injection and the key to the basement. Eren also dreams with that.

However, it has always been built up that Eren's father was missing and one of Eren's objectives was to reunite with him. Turns out he's actually dead and Eren ate him when he turned into a Titan presumably through the injection that also gave him amnesia.

This raises a load of questions and has massive implications on what the Titans are. Given how abrupt the chapter ends, we will only know how Eren will react to this on the next chapter.

Also glad that the whole uprising arc was finally resolved. I'm really anticipating the next chapter!

No one would have seen this coming. And it was amazing. Isayama did this part really well. An excellent way to finish the chapter.
I can agree with you for the most part. But I did like the over throwing the government sub-plot. It was a nice break from the usual stuff you see in the series. We don't get many legit human vs human fights in Attack on Titan. However, I am glad that it didn't overstay it's welcome for too long.

I kind of figured whatever happened would have left Eren's Dad dead, unless they wanted to go with the evil parent route. I thought that the injection was the thing that gave Eren his powers, but he might have always had them,for at least a while and his dad was trying to make Eren forget about them.

I think the Titans were made in "modern" times as some kind of demented experiment. And it backfired so badly that most technology was lost due to the constant attacks.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I can agree with you for the most part. But I did like the over throwing the government sub-plot. It was a nice break from the usual stuff you see in the series. We don't get many legit human vs human fights in Attack on Titan. However, I am glad that it didn't overstay it's welcome for too long.

I kind of figured whatever happened would have left Eren's Dad dead, unless they wanted to go with the evil parent route. I thought that the injection was the thing that gave Eren his powers, but he might have always had them,for at least a while and his dad was trying to make Eren forget about them.

I think the Titans were made in "modern" times as some kind of demented experiment. And it backfired so badly that most technology was lost due to the constant attacks.
I mean, the uprising arc was interesting, but it got stale after a while. I feel it dragged out longer than it should have been.

I also thought the injection was what gave Eren's powers, but I'd never imagined that his father would be dead, killed by Eren himself, so it came as a big surprise.

And then there's the whole thing about Historia's sister. Real mystery here.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
"Example: a game is built with such depth that it brings to a player's mind memories of defeat. As a game designer, I can't ignore this possibility. If, in a multiplayer fighting game, only the winner feels good and the other challengers get no such feeling, then there is really no joy at all. No matter how people play, I want everyone to be happy! Is this asking for too much?"

http://www.n-sider.com/contentview.php?contentid=443

Sakurai wants everyone to win.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, the uprising arc was interesting, but it got stale after a while. I feel it dragged out longer than it should have been.

I also thought the injection was what gave Eren's powers, but I'd never imagined that his father would be dead, killed by Eren himself, so it came as a big surprise.

And then there's the whole thing about Historia's sister. Real mystery here.
I suppose. I thought it ended at just the right moment for things to get really serious.

I can't help but feel like Eren's memory loss and then eating his dad while in titan form is kind of Greek tragedy style of twist. Pretty ****ed up, especially since he wouldn't ever deliberately hurt his father. Clearly Historia's father can't be trusted. This dude's gives off too much of creeper vibe to me. Though plot twist of the century if he ends up being a good guy after all.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I just wanted to spread the word:

“People keep complaining that they want the game to be more like Melee,” continued Sakurai, “Some people made a modification of Brawl and now think that they’re better than me. I dare them to say that to my face. I’ll have a real brawl with them and show them that their little mod means nothing in the grand scheme of things. All they can do is make one of my games more like one of my other games. And when my new game comes out, everyone will stop playing their little project and play with a real game.

Don’t even get me started on the fans,” warned Sakurai, “Smash Bros.fans are the most insane, overzealous people you will ever meet in your life. I don’t care for them, yet I will still make the best game possible because if I don’t, I will have let myself down. I don’t make this game for anyone but myself. I’ll admit that the person who can tolerate listening to these people is stronger than me. But if there is a person like that in this world, they should work on something more important than a video game.”

http://www.p4rgaming.com/masahiro-s...-killing-myself-would-be-the-cowards-way-out/

"Example: a game is built with such depth that it brings to a player's mind memories of defeat. As a game designer, I can't ignore this possibility. If, in a multiplayer fighting game, only the winner feels good and the other challengers get no such feeling, then there is really no joy at all. No matter how people play, I want everyone to be happy! Is this asking for too much?"

I'm pretty sure p4rgaming is a satire site.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I suppose. I thought it ended at just the right moment for things to get really serious.

I can't help but feel like Eren's memory loss and then eating his dad while in titan form is kind of Greek tragedy style of twist. Pretty ****ed up, especially since he wouldn't ever deliberately hurt his father. Clearly Historia's father can't be trusted. This dude's gives off too much of creeper vibe to me. Though plot twist of the century if he ends up being a good guy after all.
Yeah, Historia's father is one hell of a mystery, but I do have a gut feeling he may not be an evil guy.

And yeah, Eren's memory was really tragic and very ironic considering he hates Titans because his mother was killed by one. That's some real twisted irony.

“People keep complaining that they want the game to be more like Melee,” continued Sakurai, “Some people made a modification of Brawl and now think that they’re better than me. I dare them to say that to my face. I’ll have a real brawl with them and show them that their little mod means nothing in the grand scheme of things. All they can do is make one of my games more like one of my other games. And when my new game comes out, everyone will stop playing their little project and play with a real game.

Don’t even get me started on the fans,” warned Sakurai, “Smash Bros.fans are the most insane, overzealous people you will ever meet in your life. I don’t care for them, yet I will still make the best game possible because if I don’t, I will have let myself down. I don’t make this game for anyone but myself. I’ll admit that the person who can tolerate listening to these people is stronger than me. But if there is a person like that in this world, they should work on something more important than a video game.”

http://www.p4rgaming.com/masahiro-s...-killing-myself-would-be-the-cowards-way-out/
P4RGaming is a satirical site. Don't take it seriously.

Last edited:

Themandme

Smash Ace
NNID
shadowthehegehog
3DS FC
3222-5798-4330

we were talking about p4 a few pages back...
Its satire

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Yeah, Historia's father is one hell of a mystery, but I do have a gut feeling he may not be an evil guy.

And yeah, Eren's memory was really tragic and very ironic considering he hates Titans because his mother was killed by one. That's some real twisted irony.

P4RGaming is a satirical site. Don't take it seriously.
The other one isn't though.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
...I thought everyone knew by now that p4rgaming is a satire site. Surprised someone still fell for it. :laugh:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hope Im not a :079: with this, but someone found some interesting Voice Clips in Smash 3DS, possibly WiiU modes.

Yep. I'm pretty sure that was posted a couple days ago. Still, if I had to guess, these could definitely be Wii-U exclusive modes that were originally meant for both systems. Then again, I'm just guessing after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom