• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I am shaking with excitement from beating Classic on Intensity 9.0 for the first time. I got to the doppleganger form with one stock left and about 120% damage but still managed to win.
I haven't felt this kind of accomplishment at a game since I beat the Hell Run in Cave Story.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I am shaking with excitement from beating Classic on Intensity 9.0 for the first time. I got to the doppleganger form with one stock left and about 120% damage but still managed to win.
I haven't felt this kind of accomplishment at a game since I beat the Hell Run in Cave Story.
Classic Mode at higher difficulty was harder in Melee and Brawl from what I recall. I beat this after three tries thanks to customization. All-Star on hard is even easier.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
The Ditto thing is fan theory. It was never confirmed by Nintendo or the Pokemon Company.
It kinda fell in place, ya know? Like "it makes too much sense to NOT be subtle storytelling" kind of thing. I think theres enough evidence to support that theory as being true, but yea, without the official confirmation its nothing but a theory. A theory Im a fan of.

Well, he's using a fan theory to explain a fan theory, so...
Fanception

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Classic Mode at higher difficulty was harder in Melee and Brawl from what I recall. I beat this after three tries thanks to customization. All-Star on hard is even easier.
I never found classic on the highest difficulty in Melee or Brawl to be difficult, Brawl especially. First couple of times I played it on intense I chose characters I sucked at and completed it no problem.
With classic in this game the only thing I found difficult was Master Core. Getting to him isn't that hard to do.
And thinking about it, the difficulty in Melee's 1player modes was often reduced because of how stupid the computers could be.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The AI is still pretty stupid in this game at times. Yoshi rolls himself off Magicant (normal mode) when you hang at the bottom ledge. Mario, Dr. Mario and WFT give you a free attack because they recover next to where you're standing. Shulk doesn't use his B while recovering.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you play as shiek and stand on the opposite side of the field, some character with just repeatedly use the same attack over and over while you pummel them with needles and not move. If you knock them away, they go back where they were and try it again

I had a character keep spamming his smash attack, expecting me to run from the opposite side of the field into his fist

Just hit him with needles as he did it repeatedly

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I expect (and hope) the Wii U to have Final Smash trophies like Brawl did. That's where we'd get them. Fingers crossed.
If they want us to beat All-Star with everyone all over again though I'll **** in their throat.
I hope trophies can be transfered between versions, I really want to have almost everything unlocked on WiiU on the get go (especially the custom moves which are a pain).

D

Deleted member

I just beat 100-Man Smash with all characters...
I now hate the face of each and every Mii I have ever created.
You need to make Miis that you will never hate in that case. I, for example, have one of Bill Cosby.

Also I just had a match as Ness against a Dedede. The first 45 seconds consisted of Dedede throwing gordos at me and me batting them away.
It's the silly moments like these that make me love Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If they want us to beat All-Star with everyone all over again though I'll **** in their throat.
I hope trophies can be transfered between versions, I really want to have almost everything unlocked on WiiU on the get go (especially the custom moves which are a pain).
Pretty sure one of the points between connectivity is to transfer custom characters.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It kinda fell in place, ya know? Like "it makes too much sense to NOT be subtle storytelling" kind of thing. I think theres enough evidence to support that theory as being true, but yea, without the official confirmation its nothing but a theory. A theory Im a fan of.
Still wouldn't explain why Ditto are so common and found in every region. I really doubt the people who created Mewtwo had enough time to fail so much that there's basically a limitless amount of Ditto found in every region.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
Still wouldn't explain why Ditto are so common and found in every region. I really doubt the people who created Mewtwo had enough time to fail so much that there's basically a limitless amount of Ditto found in every region.
They multiplied and spread by themselves after Mewtwo rekt everything, they are very much like cells after all. Them being able to transfom into anything could help them travel long distances to other places.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
OMG THE NEW POKEMON NEWS
@legendofrob1 time to change your avi.
"You can fly on Mega Latios & Latias in the overworld and find Pokémon such as Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga & Palkia in the sky. Latios is exclusive to Omega Ruby and Latias is exclusive to Alpha Sapphire.
Edit @ 10:00: The Eon Ticket is said to return through a special distribution. This makes Latias available in Omega Ruby and Latios available in Alpha Sapphire. | Edit @ 10:15: This ticket will be distributed via Serial Code in an upcoming issue
Edit @ 10:04: The Legendary Pokémon are found on islands that can only be found through areas on the sky and is said to make it so all non-event Legendary Pokémon will be obtainable in Generation VI. You access the sky through the Eon Flute item
Edit @ 10:14: You can also encounter various other Pokémon in the wild within the clouds over Hoenn."
*FROTHS AT THE MOUTH WITH @Sapphire Dragon *

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
OMG THE NEW POKEMON NEWS
"You can fly on Mega Latios & Latias in the overworld and find Pokémon such as Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga & Palkia in the sky. Latios is exclusive to Omega Ruby and Latias is exclusive to Alpha Sapphire.
Edit @ 10:00: The Eon Ticket is said to return through a special distribution. This makes Latias available in Omega Ruby and Latios available in Alpha Sapphire. | Edit @ 10:15: This ticket will be distributed via Serial Code in an upcoming issue
Edit @ 10:04: The Legendary Pokémon are found on islands that can only be found through areas on the sky and is said to make it so all non-event Legendary Pokémon will be obtainable in Generation VI. You access the sky through the Eon Flute item
Edit @ 10:14: You can also encounter various other Pokémon in the wild within the clouds over Hoenn."
Why should Rob change his avi? You didn't say anything about Beedrill. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"Event Legendaries". Kill this idea with fire. Infinite time on the DLC. No dumb distributions besides special variants at best.

This just makes it impossible for Dexes to be filled outside of cheating, which is bad business practice.

I do love the flying around idea, though.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Good morning people of place land! How are you guys today?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Good morning people of place land! How are you guys today?
A bit pissed off at my computer being laggy and it decided to shut down Google Chrome. :glare:

So not in a good mood. Does not help that there's a current troll on the forum being a jackass to people as much as humanly possible either. :facepalm:

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
A bit pissed off at my computer being laggy and it decided to shut down Google Chrome. :glare:

So not in a good mood. Does not help that there's a current troll on the forum being a ******* to people as much as humanly possible either. :facepalm:
Report and ignore, theres always gonna be one of these no matter where on the internet you go.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Report and ignore, there's always gonna be one of these no matter where on the internet you go.
Been there, done that. Was hoping to avoid ignoring, but eh.

Physical Ignore sadly is not available anywhere. Just some you gotta do on your own without forum coding.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah but Mega Blastoise is not a ****ing playable character. Come on.
Also Sakurai got back to those ****ty Melee-style trophies for characters who beat the All-Star mode. They look so boring and useless because 90% of them are alternate colors which aren't even a part of the actual franchise the character comes from.
I hope the WiiU has trophies more similar to Brawl, related to the Final Smash, at least.
I would agree that some of the All-Star Trophies don't make sense.

But from what can tell Mega Man, Samus, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, Toon Link and to a lesser extent Zero Suit Samus all reference different designs that actually came from their games. And Pac-Man's references his 8-bit form. Not sure if Ganon's does, since the blue skin might be a reference to Beast Ganon.

Though yeah, why the hell don't Charizard and Lucario have their Mega Evolution Trophies? That seems really odd.

Anyway, Mega Pidgeot and Mega Beedrill look cool. I think they are some of the better new Mega Designs we've seen in Omega and Alpha. Though I do like Metagross, Sceptile, Swampert and Camerupt's designs. Audino's is okay. But I don't really like the original one, so there's that. So, who's betting on at least one or two secret Mega Evolutions?

EDIT: Double post. Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm guessing the All-Star Trophies are only in the Wii U version. So Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X makes more sense to be with the rest of them.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
OMG THE NEW POKEMON NEWS
So how many cool people still have their Eon Tickets from back in the day? :shades:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well uh... um... *takes 20 seconds to look with a raised eyebrow* Umm...

This may be the new Brawl Sonic in terms of annoyingness. The only difference is that it's actually a bit funny. But we'll see how long it takes before it gets old.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
My next level Bowser For Glory strat.

1. Take first stock clean and fair.
2. Take second stock with side B at the edge of the stage, KOing us both. Bowser's always on top, so the opponent gets knocked out first.
3. Laugh

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
My next level Bowser For Glory strat.

1. Take first stock clean and fair.
2. Take second stock with side B at the edge of the stage, KOing us both. Bowser's always on top, so the opponent gets knocked out first.
3. Laugh
The opponent controls the direction of your flying slam when you are at a higher %, you'd have to get a lead again first.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
The opponent controls the direction of your flying slam when you are at a higher %, you'd have to get a lead again first.
Oh I know. Sometimes you just catch them off guard. It hasn't failed me yet.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
First time ever I brought my 3DS to school. Should do that more often, people StreetPass more than I originally thought.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
First time ever I brought my 3DS to school. Should do that more often, people StreetPass more than I originally thought.
It's also a good way to rack up on play coins. I acquired like 61 play coins over the course of one week, and I may even have more when all my college classes for today are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom