• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

>Mega Pidgeot
Please have increased base Attack + Speed and Gale Wings..
>Mega Beedrill
Needs more offensive power honestly. Beedrill is mostly seen as a Toxic Spikes supporter in NU, so if it really got a Mega Evolution, I think it's RU at best.

D

Deleted member

I'm just going to say fire hydrant kills are one of the funniest things in this game.
I don't know why, but it's just hilarious to see a hydrant send someone flying.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But I don't like desert

I would rather just eat a meat dish

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My only problem with that article is the source. Is Nintendoeverything reliable? Not juas a website, but translations too.

Otherwise, nothing sounds weird to me. He did say the reason last time for Dr. Mario being playable is that his moveset doesn't make sense as being identical to Mario's. Now he believes the fans wanted him to stay different. It's logical to me. Alienating past players is not a good thing. While some may want Ganondorf to no longer be a clone, it's the opposite for others. A player who played a past game can easily adapt to a character that's only somewhat changed around.

That, and Dr. Mario uses Mario's classic moveset, but he still plays differently due to weight and knockback. I actually love Mario's massive buffs and combo potential, and Dr. Mario has an interesting moveset. I think this'll make for an immensely cool meta for both characters. Dark Pit and Pit... not so much. There's not enough differences that people want to use to try terribly different strategies with 'em. Their Side B's do have major enough differences, though. So I feel their metagame will be different, just loosely so. Everybody else's will of course be different.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Loving both of them!

So... Anyone wanna battle?

My wifi is working finally.

D

Deleted member

So....let the Pokémon anime fanboys' speculation on Ash getting Pidgeot back commence.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Mega Beedril reminds me of the various Fanbeemon line.

Mega Pidgeot kind of looks... meh. I felt they could've done more. Will be fun, though~

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
We also got their typings and abilities. Both keep their typings while MegaPidgeot has No Guard and Mega Beedrill has Adaptability.

Also, you can use the Mega Latis to fly around the region and find special Pokémon such as Dialga, Palkia, Zekrom and Reshiram.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do people old enough to remember the first season even care about the anime anymore?
Considering the amount of fangasms over Charizard's return in BW and the rage over "Newtwo" instead of the original.....it's a safe bet that there are still quite a few "classic" fans.

Soul.

Mega Beedrill gets Adaptability? Oh man, it's over. No johns NU. Beedrill is going to RU for sure.
I bet its base Attack was increased to at least 110. Speed needs an increase too. What is Beedrill's move pool again?
And as for Pidgeot, perhaps it'll get moves that benefit No Guard?

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Considering the amount of fangasms over Charizard's return in BW and the rage over "Newtwo" instead of the original.....it's a safe bet that there are still quite a few "classic" fans.
Yo Charizard returned? Thats pretty cool. I guess "Newtwo" is the female one from the movie, I still wanna know how that happened. Or I just assume Mew and 2 went to the daycare after one of them movies, if you catch my drift.

D

Deleted member

Yo Charizard returned? Thats pretty cool. I guess "Newtwo" is the female one from the movie, I still wanna know how that happened. Or I just assume Mew and 2 went to the daycare after one of them movies, if you catch my drift.
Not much to say.
Literally another team of scientists decided to clone a Mew and it resulted in another Mewtwo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not much to say.
Literally another team of scientists decided to clone a Mew and it resulted in another Mewtwo.
Depends. The movie has him with the same origin of the original Mewtwo, potentially implying there was no other one. It might be non-canon entirely. I don't think Ash recognized Mewtwo either, so... that helps determine it. If he didn't, and Ash got his memory restored(the first two Mewtwo movies are undoubtibly canon and connected to the regular Anime), then there's no way it could've been canon. Since it contradicts the original canon by that.

The Anime would clearly have to have a new one in Kalos unless it's the original Mewtwo returning. We have yet to see if the Dub will do this. It's not impossible for them to change the dialogue to vary the storyline a bit. Now, if it's a second one, that's not a big deal. Or a 3rd if the third Mewtwo movie is canon(depending if Ash recognized Mewtwo or not, the only major factor).

The first movie actually said they tried to clone Mew multiple times. Multiple Mewtwos is absolutely believable. Some just eventually showed up later. It was not well-stated which ones survived. That'd explain why the second one is feminine. Because it wasn't the same person.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are you saying they considered it a failure because it was feminine

D

Deleted member

Ash recognized that what was standing before him was a Mewtwo.
What he (justifiably) did not realize is that the Mewtwo that stood before him was not the same Mewtwo he recognized.

Aside from that, the movie was dubbed already. It's still a separate Mewtwo that had a different personality and no previous encounter with Ash.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I always thought of Mewtwo as a one in a billion random chance, an accident that nobody was sure how happened. To my knowledge all the other attempts of cloning Mew resulted in a genetic goo that is Ditto.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Are you saying they considered it a failure because it was feminine
Please don't make jokes like that. :glare: I was born male and am feminine and I don't appreciate that type of stuff, dude.

It wans't said how many survived exactly. Some did not. More could have, but not recorded. That's what I think is most likely.

Ash recognized that what was standing before him was a Mewtwo.
What he (justifiably) did not realize is that the Mewtwo that stood before him was not the same Mewtwo he recognized.

Aside from that, the movie was dubbed already. It's still a separate Mewtwo that had a different personality and no previous encounter with Ash.
That clinches it for me. Probably canon, and that more Mewtwos existed that weren't recorded. I say probably because this Mewtwo has yet to be tied in with the current Anime. Thanks. :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It wasn't said if they survived, but they did say THE Mewtwo was the only success

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It wasn't said if they survived, but they did say THE Mewtwo was the only success
Taking a look at how weak the feminine Mewtwo was in battle compared to the first Mewtwo, it could be accurate to "power levels". We just need to see who the Kalos Mewtwo is in the regular Anime. Has it debuted yet in the Japanese one?

D

Deleted member

Precisely.
This also raises the plothole that no one other than the team of scientists that created Mewtwo should be able to consciously create another, which is impossible considering they've all been killed and their research destroyed with the lab.

Unless we're to believe that any attempt at creating another Mew through cloning results in a Mewtwo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Precisely.
This also raises the plothole that no one other than the team of scientists that created Mewtwo should be able to consciously create another, which is impossible considering they've all been killed and their research destroyed with the lab.

Unless we're to believe that any attempt at creating another Mew through cloning results in a Mewtwo.
Unless the other Mewtwos escaped as well and weren't recorded at the same time.

It could also be a retcon. Gamefreak loves those lately(type changes is a fairly notable one). Kind of similar to Early Installment Weirdness.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Precisely.
Kalos scientists attempted to recreate Mew through cloning, however instead they created Greninja.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just watched a psychologist talk about Richard Nixon, and something he said regarding Dopamine levels may explain the way I'm feeling now

And apparently Dopamine deficiency results in Parkinson's Disease

Also, I just read the medication I was taking when I was young decreases dopamine. I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting very much to begin with and may have something to do with my lack of motivation

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Why the **** there are no Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X trophies? Like honestly what the ****.
There are FIVE Shy Guy trophies.
There are SIX Nintendogs trophies.
There is a trophy for EVERY ghost from Pac-Man and one with all of them.
There is a trophy for EVERY kind of Koopa.
And there's no trophy for Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X. WHAT. THE. ****.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a mega blastoise trophy

Blastoise > Charizard anyway

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I always thought of Mewtwo as a one in a billion random chance, an accident that nobody was sure how happened. To my knowledge all the other attempts of cloning Mew resulted in a genetic goo that is Ditto.
The Ditto thing is fan theory. It was never confirmed by Nintendo or the Pokemon Company.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
There is a mega blastoise trophy

Blastoise > Charizard anyway
Yeah but Mega Blastoise is not a ****ing playable character. Come on.
Also Sakurai got back to those ****ty Melee-style trophies for characters who beat the All-Star mode. They look so boring and useless because 90% of them are alternate colors which aren't even a part of the actual franchise the character comes from.
I hope the WiiU has trophies more similar to Brawl, related to the Final Smash, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom