• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'll talk about Pac-Man with you, he's my favorite character by far. It's insane how fun he is.
Definitely. I didn't really expect to enjoy him that much from what we heard before release but I picked him up and he's just a blast. Surprisingly good too, it wouldn't surprise me to see him somewhere near the top once we get a tier list that isn't complete rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Definitely. I didn't really expect to enjoy him that much from what we heard before release but I picked up him and he's just a blast. Surprisingly good too, it wouldn't surprise me to see him somewhere near the top once we get a tier list that isn't complete rubbish.
Yeah, everyone called him slow, but he's actually pretty quick. He is the floatiest character, but I actually love that because I personally prefer the air. All of his attacks are so fun though, especially his side special (greatest move in the history of ever), even the hydrant is a fun and useful tool, and the plethora of different projectiles are almost as good as Duck Hunt's.

Plus he's the goddamn Pac-Man. And have you seen his crawl?
I could say that about just about every single character.
Except for Diddy Kong and Olimar.
...Olimar is still alright... but he's nowhere near as great as he was in Brawl for me. I'll forever miss Brawlimar.

Not every character is fun for me though, Miss Fit's nickname is very appropriate in this situation. Everyone else is great.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You must not enjoy exercise.
As hilarious as that was, I'm being entirely serious. Her moveset just does not mesh with me for some reason.

All of her attacks feel counter-intuitive, her hitboxes are all so awkward that I find myself not being able to hit anything correctly.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Who needs Ganon when you got Pac-Man?
No stock loss. No equipment.
Only waka.
I'll stop talking about Pac-Man now.
Nah, it's cool Pac-Man is legit. From what I've played of him, he's pretty fun. Besides, I talk about Mega Man a lot anyway.

I just need to get better at the game. Wish I had a Wii-U though, it'd be nice to use Mega Man and Pac-Man with a controller.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, everyone called him slow, but he's actually pretty quick. He is the floatiest character, but I actually love that because I personally prefer the air. All of his attacks are so fun though, especially his side special (greatest move in the history of ever), even the hydrant is a fun and useful tool, and the plethora of different projectiles are almost as good as Duck Hunt's.

I don't even think it will do him much good since it doesn't make him that much smaller, but the animation is hilarious so I don't care.
Nah, it's cool Pac-Man is legit. From what I've played of him, he's pretty fun. Besides, I talk about Mega Man a lot anyway.

I just need to get better at the game. Wish I had a Wii-U though, it'd be nice to use Mega Man and Pac-Man with a controller.
You could say that about most characters. Having a C-stick will feel so much better.
Also I won't accidentally side-b to my doom with Greninja anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't even think it will do him much good, but the animation is hilarious so I don't care.

You could say that about most characters. Having a C-stick will feel so much better.
Also I won't accidentally side-b to my doom with Greninja anymore.
I want my quick Smashes. That's all I want man.

Anyway, I've still got a ton of custom moves to get. But so far, I've got most of Ganon's, Peach's, and a fair bit of Fox's and Sonic's. I know I got a few of Mario's Samus' and Charizard's too.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Pac-Man being the floatiest actually works out for him, too. If you're sent off the stage, his floatiness lets you start and potentially finish charging Bonus Fruit.

And of course, with how his recovery works, it's not an issue to recover usually.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I dislike playing Pac-Man, Doctor Mario, Olimar, Pikachu (but I dislike playing as it in every Smash game because it moves so ****ing weird), Charizard, Ike, Wario, and GnW. I just don't find any of them fun to play in this game. Which is sad for certain ones that were also in Brawl, or Project M, as I found them quite fun there. Specifically Olimar, Wario, and Ike for Brawl and Charizard for Project M.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We need a tier list specifically related to boss battles.
Metal Blades and Crash Bomb are pretty damn good on the bosses.

Olimar wants his up smash back...

...And his other three Pikmin.
I...I don't even think I've used Olimar in this game. It's weird, I like him a lot as a character for some reason. But his playstyle doesn't mesh well with me.

Oh, and now that I think of it, I do have one of his custom moves.

I dislike playing Pac-Man, Doctor Mario, Olimar, Pikachu (but I dislike playing as it in every Smash game because it moves so ****ing weird), Charizard, Ike, Wario, and GnW. I just don't find any of them fun to play in this game. Which is sad for certain ones that were also in Brawl, or Project M, as I found them quite fun there. Specifically Olimar, Wario, and Ike for Brawl and Charizard for Project M.
I like Ike and Doc in this game. Charizard is kind of cool. But his Side-B takes a bit of getting used to. Well, for me anyway.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ike without his Jab cancel... Just isn't fun. lol

Doc feels legitimately slower then Mario now in this game. Something just doesn't feel right about him.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Metal Blades and Crash Bomb are pretty damn good on the bosses.

I...I don't even think I've used Olimar in this game. It's weird, I like him a lot as a character for some reason. But his playstyle doesn't mesh well with me.

Oh, and now that I think of it, I do have one of his custom moves.

I like Ike and Doc in this game. Charizard is kind of cool. But his Side-B takes a bit of getting used to. Well, for me anyway.
Wario feels great to me the new up smash is great and the side smash is great for KOing. The bike is much better than in brawl and you can restore health by using chomp.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Olimar and Snake in Brawl were like Pac-Man in this game for me, I loved how they played (and I love the characters).

It feels like I've lost two characters, the Olimar I knew is gone and Snake is gone completely. I'll try my best to get used to Newlimar, but he'll never reach that spot that he once did. But at least I've got Pac-Man, and Ness is better than ever.

D

Deleted member

Pac-Man being the floatiest actually works out for him, too. If you're sent off the stage, his floatiness lets you start and potentially finish charging Bonus Fruit.

And of course, with how his recovery works, it's not an issue to recover usually.
I usually try to use his side-B to recover. It's safer than Pac-Jump in most cases because it's harder to gimp and doesn't put you in helpless, unlike Pac-Jump which does and your 3rd spring can be stolen from you.
Side-B also goes up walls, so that's nice.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I usually try to use his side-B to recover. It's safer than Pac-Jump in most cases because it's harder to gimp and doesn't put you in helpless, unlike Pac-Jump which does and your 3rd spring can be stolen from you.
Side-B also goes up walls, so that's nice.
True, but if you aim his Side Special wrong, there's a pretty big cooldown window.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Just finished off :4mario:'s specials. Now I have 7 characters done! :D

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Cleared Classic and All-Star with every character.
Now for 100-Man Smash.

Smash Run with every character can go **** itself. I'm using a Golden Hammer on that ****.
Smash Run was actually very fun with each character. Classic was a pain in the arse though. Still need All-Star and 100 myself.

In other news, I've been finding neat little things with some characters, though everyone else probably know these already.

I've found that you can alter the trajectory of Dedede's Goros.
If you just toss one out, it'll bounce forward pretty quickly.
If you toss one out and hold down, it'll go about the same distance but gradually bounce higher.
If you hold up, it won't go far at all, but it will bounce high, probably very good for edge guarding.

Greninja's Shadow Sneak also has two different attacks depending on which direction you're holding when it finishes.

There's also Pac-Man and Rosalina's "crawls," but those are just hilarious rather than useful.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Smash Run was actually very fun with each character. Classic was a pain in the arse though. Still need All-Star and 100 myself.
Smash Run takes way too long, especially considering that the final battles are so unreliable that you will almost certainly have to attempt the run twice.
I would rather play Smash Run with characters I like.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Smash Run with all characters I'm doing that right now.
I'm currently doing Ganon and I got max power.
I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Once I finally get all the custom moves I can finally stop playing on all the solo modes besides Training. I can't wait until that happens.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Smash Run takes way too long, especially considering that the final battles are so unreliable that you will almost certainly have to attempt the run twice.
Classic and All-Star actually take longer than Smash Run.

Or it feels like it, anyway. Smash Run just kind of goes by because of how fun it is. I've only had to redo one final battle too.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Personally I can't be arsed to try and collect all custom moves, the only one I've completed is Ike's which is purely coincidental, the only one who I've actually tried to get custom moves with is Samus but the game seems to hate me.

Personally enjoyed going through Classic with everyone, it was a nice way to get to know some of the characters I don't play very often. Smash Run on the other hand is just boring to me, and it takes ages when you combine the time it takes to set up your equipment.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I finished All-Star with everyone yesterday, I had already done Classic and Smash Run.

Probably gonna use a Hammer on 100-Man with everyone.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I finished All-Star with everyone yesterday, I had already done Classic and Smash Run.

Probably gonna use a Hammer on 100-Man with everyone.
I'm tempted to use a hammer on the 5 hits in Street Smash challenge, but I'm determined to not use any hammers.

I've got less than ten challenges left anyway, and I'm sure I'll have all those custom items eventually...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So apparently, Mega Pidgeot and Mega Beedril are things.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Classic and All-Star actually take longer than Smash Run.

Or it feels like it, anyway. Smash Run just kind of goes by because of how fun it is. I've only had to redo one final battle too.
Smash run is tuns o fun, helps with getting customs as well.
A healthy use of powers throughout smash run should get you good enough stats no matter what event you have, i never had to redo a run for a character when getting that challenge.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

(Wouldn't a mega butterfree/beedrill dual reveal make more sense? they were kind of alternate bug type families in gen 1.)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pictures or it didn't happen.

I only care about the latter anyway. I may use Butterfree more, but I just love Beedrill's design.

inb4MegaBeedrillLeadsABeedrillSwarmToAttackAshAndTheTwerpsAgain :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom