• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Nintendo knows what lol. The Wii U is still going to sell less. What's so superior outside of GameCube controllers, "HD" which means nothing because it's the standard, and more music. Still going to sell less than Smash 3DS.
You're probably hating on the 3DS version because you can't get used to its controls. So yeah, whatever, this is going nowhere. I'm done talking about this.
To make it clear, I'm not in the side of that guy, but: selling less=/=inferior quality.

I don't understand why people can't get used to the controls though, I've been since five minutes after starting and my Circle Pad is fine.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm generally use to the control. But you have to admit, the circle pad is pretty inaccurate compared to a hexagonal pad. Not to mention lack of a C-stick hurts accuracy as well (but that will be fixed with the New 3DS thankfully). To where I end up doing Fairs/Bairs where I wanted to do a Uair or Dair because I thought I was pointing down with the pad but actually wasn't.

Soul.

To make it clear, I'm not in the side of that guy, but: selling less=/=inferior quality.

I don't understand why people can't get used to the controls though, I've been since five minutes after starting and my Circle Pad is fine.
Eh..yeah. I'm just trying to defend the 3DS version.
It's fine for me as well. No problems with it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I got used to the controls instantly, except for the L and R swap. Definitely going to fix that when I get the game.
Speaking of...
I have bad news.
I AM NOT GETTING THE GAME TOMORROW.
I'M GETTING IT THE FRIDAY AFTER THAT.
The next 7/8 Days is going to be pure torture.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
"Little Mac is OP" - People who suck at Smash Bros.

I've been seeing lots of Little Mac complaints all around the Internet. Seriously, he's not that hard to counter. Projectiles dummy him.

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
oh man there will forever be a 3DS vs. WiiU battle nowadays.....to be expected i guess.
I love the hell out of the 3DS version but i cant help but think that the WiiU will end up being the better game, it wont have to worry about system limitations like the 3DS did, you will be able to play with a wide variety of control types, and who doesnt love HD? :b: i kind of hate to admit it but the 3DS smash does seem just a little bit "lite" still fantastic though, dont get the wrong idea!

Also....anyone else notice that the ledge animations/attack dont change when your over 100% anymore? seems like an odd thing to leave out. I always liked that effect, made intense fights all the more intense

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"Little Mac is OP" - People who suck at Smash Bros.

I've been seeing lots of Little Mac complaints all around the Internet. Seriously, he's not that hard to counter. Projectiles dummy him.
Well I'll be honest, a good Little Mac player could easily make him a threat. But 80% of the people who play him online clearly don't know what they're doing.

Also....anyone else notice that the ledge animations/attack dont change when your over 100% anymore? seems like an odd thing to leave out. I always liked that effect, made intense fights all the more intense
I believe Sakurai mentioned the change a while back.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ok, im doing all star with Peach, and I was up against Ganondorf, Shiek, and Jigglypuff on the Spirit Train. A bomb train went off, and I'm the only one not in the caboose.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Well I'll be honest, a good Little Mac player could easily make him a threat. But 80% of the people who play him online clearly don't know what they're doing.
Little Macs I play in For Glory use 2 attacks. Dash attack and the jab combo. Maybe throw a forward smash in every now and then. I'm like 12-0 against Little Macs as Bowser Jr. He's very predictable.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Little Macs I play in For Glory use 2 attacks. Dash attack and the jab combo. Maybe throw a forward smash in every now and then. I'm like 12-0 against Little Macs as Bowser Jr. He's very predictable.
Really now? Most of the ones I fight always abuses Jolt Haymaker and Straight Lunge. With smashes thrown in.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Can't be as predictable as Pikachu players and their Thunder spam, that's sure.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I think the most unpredictable character is Sonic, Duck Hunt or Bowser Jr..
Anything can happen with :4duckhunt: and :4bowserjr:, and :4sonic:'s moves all look so similar.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Predictable fighters always get Lucina'd or Marth'd by yours truly.

Still need to get good as Robin and the Pit twins. I'm liking them, but I'm not used to them.

Of course, I'm always at my prime when using the Great King.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Really now? Most of the ones I fight always abuses Jolt Haymaker and Straight Lunge. With smashes thrown in.
They have yet to learn the glory that is Mac's f-tilt? That's like his best move!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've been trying to main Toon Link to counter them. I can't say I'm great with him, but it's a start.

They have yet to learn the glory that is Mac's f-tilt? That's like his best move!
Well like I've said, many most likely picked him up due to how "broken" he can be.

D

Deleted member

Well like I've said, many most likely picked him up due to how "broken" he can be.
I'm aware, but you'd think that they'd realize his f-tilt is really good. Comes out stupid fast, deals good damage, and is hard to punish with a grab thanks to it's range.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You know the one thing that peeves me about Little Mac Players?
Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, forgets that Mac's FSmash can be angled to become different moves.
Mac's FSmash tilted Upwards is an Uppercut that deals more Knockback but less Damage, and his FSmash tilted Downwards is a Body Hook that deals more Damage and less Knockback, while the vanilla FSmash is the All-Rounder.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Predictable fighters always get Lucina'd or Marth'd by yours truly.

Still need to get good as Robin and the Pit twins. I'm liking them, but I'm not used to them.

Of course, I'm always at my prime when using the Great King.
Hey, "Great King"!

You ever fought a blue hedgehog yet? :shades:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It seems Smashboards is going under a Wii U/3DS Overhaul.
It's only a matter of time until we get a Red/Blue Smash 4 Smashboards theme, just like the Project M one.
@Warchamp7 pls

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
So I was playing Twilight Princess again after few years, and suddenly I realized it has a straight-up Berserk reference in it. Like holy ****, I didnt expect THAT series to be referenced by Nintendo. Miyamoto is into some hardcore stuff.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I was against a Little Mac that only used dash attacks. Seriously, every Little Mac player only uses dash attacks.

Lol, jk. Give it time, let people learn their characters and explore. Hopefully they could find new button combinations other than dash + A (for those Mac dash attack spammers =P).

I'm kinda liking Robin more now that I'm getting more used to him. But gosh darn when that bronze sword comes out instead of the Levin... OH SORRY, looks like I didn't smash my aerials hard enough. There goes a potential KO. :glare:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom