• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
There should really be a Meme based on Mr. Game & Watch
I would drain the hell out of that meme.

D

Deleted member

Game & Watch's sigh taunt is the best. It's either a sigh of relief or a sigh of boredom depending on the situation.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Personally I think Mr. G&W is better off without a meme. the last thing we need is another Optimistic Charizard.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Nintendo knows what lol. The Wii U is still going to sell less. What's so superior outside of GameCube controllers, "HD" which means nothing because it's the standard, and more music. Still going to sell less than Smash 3DS.
You're probably hating on the 3DS version because you can't get used to its controls. So yeah, whatever, this is going nowhere. I'm done talking about this.
Yeah, from what we know, WiiU version is superior ONLY in the graphics, audio and control department...
Yeah what's the big deal right.
I did get used to the controls, I basically completed the game as of now, even managed to do Classic Mode at 9 of intensity. They still suck compared to the Gamecube Controller. It's simple.
Anyway, other than stating the obvious (WiiU > 3DS) I wasn't attacking 3DS players. I am one of them. I was just saying that thanks to the 3DS version, Nintendo clearly aims to push towards the WiiU one, which is superior in every aspect (you wanna talk about stages? I would gladly take the fewer ones announced on WiiU, it's still a better selection than 3DS'). No need to get so defensive.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Game & Watch's sigh taunt is the best. It's either a sigh of relief or a sigh of boredom depending on the situation.
Mr.G&W while doing that taunt thinks about how ridiculous all of this is. He has to fight fireball-throwing plumber, an electrical yellow mouse, a dog and duck duo, a time traveling princess and many others.

He wishes his life would be a normal one, but with being a bidimensional monocrome being, he knows he'll never do.

He sighs, knowing he has to fight, even if he doesn't wants to.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Mr.G&W while doing that taunt thinks about how ridiculous all of this is. He has to fight fireball-throwing plumber, an electrical yellow mouse, a dog and duck duo, a time traveling princess and many others.

He wishes his life would be a normal one, but with being a bidimensional monocrome being, he knows he'll never do.

He sighs, knowing he has to fight, even if he doesn't wants to.
He was created to fight, so he has no right to complain.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You can just have G&W doing the Sigh Taunt right next to Master Core just like
"Yeah, that's nice... :\"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
About last page, the "age 10" rule for Pokemon Trainers is solely in the Anime. It doesn't apply to any game, not even Yellow which was based upon it(although it kept a lot of earlier elements like regular Pokemon voices, where some are found, etc.)

D

Deleted member

*why are we looking at things?*
All characters are better off without memes.
*looks at my avatar*
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/meduka-meguca-being-x-is-suffering

Just being hypocritical as usual.

LOL why? Hey, the Ferrari runs faster than a Volvo. But you can't say that because it's offensive towards people who drive a Volvo, I guess.
But Wii U > 3DS is not a fact. Someone can prefer the handheld version to the console version. Simple as that. You can say Wii U has more content and you wouldn't be wrong. You could say Wii U has HD graphics and you wouldn't be wrong. You cannot say that Wii U > 3DS, because there are some that disagree.

Taste is subjective.

Last edited by a moderator:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Donbe and Young Link confirmed? :troll:
Remember my "little boy" theory?

Sometime after E3 2013 I said we should expect at least 2 more newcomers being young boys (since we got Mega Man and Villager who look like shotas). And we got Toon Link (chibi-design helps a lot) and Dark Pit. We lost Lucas, Popo, and Pokemon Trainer, however, Bowser Jr. and some of the Koopalings could be considered young (though certainly not human...), and Miis could be any age. :troll:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Little Macs I play in For Glory use 2 attacks. Dash attack and the jab combo. Maybe throw a forward smash in every now and then. I'm like 12-0 against Little Macs as Bowser Jr. He's very predictable.
You're playing against predictable players, not a predictable character.

A person playing Mac the correct way is no where near as predictable.

Just wait until Mac players get all of his movement options down.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
He was created to fight, so he has no right to complain.
He doesn't wants to fight.

He knows it's all against the purpose he was created for. He knows his life is tied to it. But that doesn't means he has to like it.

He hates the carnage generated in every battlefield, either made by the other fighters or himself. He knows some of the others share his wish, but in battle they succumb to their fighting instincts, making him reflective about it.

It's that how they'll spend their entire lives? Battling each other just because so?

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
He doesn't wants to fight.

He knows it's all against the purpose he was created for. He knows his life is tied to it. Butthat doesn't means he has to like it.

He hates the carnage generated in every battlefield, either made by the other fighters or himself. He knows some of the others share his wish, but in battle they succumb to their fighting instincts, making him refkective about it.

It's that how they'll pass their entire lives? Battling each other just because so?
All he wanted to do was run under some raining construction tools to get home

Weeman

Smash Crusader
All i ask is for one 1 on 1 match without lag, seriously this netplay sucks. 235 matches, not a single fluid one.

D

Deleted member

All i ask is for one 1 on 1 match without lag, seriously this netplay sucks. 235 matches, not a single fluid one.
If you haven't had a single good match yet, it's probably your connection.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
That might have something to do with your internet connection, then.

I've had a plenty of laggy matches, but plenty of fluid matches as well. With an occasional hiccup.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
But Wii U > 3DS is not a fact. Someone can prefer the handheld version to the console version. Simple as that. You can say Wii U has more content and you wouldn't be wrong. You could say Wii U has HD graphics and you wouldn't be wrong. You cannot say that Wii U > 3DS, because there are some that disagree.

Taste is subjective.
Who's talking about taste? Of course it's subjective. Does it change the fact that a version has more quality than the other? LOL no.
Your argument is fundamentally wrong. I'm pretty sure there's people who prefer to play Bayonetta on PS3 than Xbox 360, that doesn't change the fact that the frame rate is absolutely abysmal compared to the other, making the game, yeah, worse.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh hey, there is a new forum section. Might not use it that much, but glad to know it's there. :3

D

Deleted member

Who's talking about taste? Of course it's subjective. Does it change the fact that a version has more quality than the other? LOL no.
Your argument is fundamentally wrong. I'm pretty sure there's people who prefer to play Bayonetta on PS3 than Xbox 360, that doesn't change the fact that the frame rate is absolutely abysmal compared to the other, making the game, yeah, worse.
You are comparing frame rates and crud. The game itself, (as in the engine and how it runs and the characters) is EXACTLY THE SAME for both versions. The core game is the same. Frame rates are the same. The console version just has more content. If none of the additional content on Wii U interests someone and they like Smash Run, then they will prefer the 3DS version. Does that make them wrong? No. It's an opinion. The problem is you are presenting your opinion as fact. "More quality" is entirely subjective.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Robotic Operating Buddy said:
I believe it was explained somewhere on the Dojo site for Brawl that G&W has no true definition of right and wrong, which is why it was so easy for Tabuu to manipulate him to create subspace bugs.
I've always looked at him like this, just some old flat guy looking for fun in a world of 3D shapes. In fact G&W's new walk seems to perfectly exemplify this, you'll notice that as he walks he constantly moves his head about almost as if he was taking in all this astonishing scenery instead of focusing on the fight
this

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
"You're off your game, Fox"
"THIS, is the Hero-King?"
"And they call you the Radiant Hero"
"How can you protect Chrom if you can't even protect yourself?"
"Poor little Pittoo"
"Where's your Goddess now?"

Man, some characters take this way seriously.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
It could many things, but maybe try playing close to your router? That's what I did, and it seemed to help a lot for me (I was disconnecting after every battle). I really wish there was a way to check your connection strength beforehand, as some characters are hindered a fair amount because of lag (like switching Arts with Shulk). But check this out if you guys haven't already, it's interesting and I had some select screen glitches happen to me online before. I wonder if it's the lag.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
You are comparing frame rates and crud. The game itself, (as in the engine and how it runs and the characters) is EXACTLY THE SAME for both versions. The core game is the same. Frame rates are the same. The console version just has more content. If none of the additional content on Wii U interests someone and they like Smash Run, then they will prefer the 3DS version. Does that make them wrong? No. It's an opinion. The problem is you are presenting your opinion as fact. "More quality" is entirely subjective.
No, it's not. You talk about frames (mine was just an example related to another game), well, on 3DS assist trophies go at 30fps, compared to WiiU's 60. There's a fact.
I'm not saying WiiU only has more content (but sure, if you want to say that having probably more than double the music is nothing, you're welcome to say that), it has BETTER content. If all the WiiU stages announced right now were the only ones actually in the game, it would be anyway a better selection than 3DS.
No one prefers 3DS graphics to WiiU graphics. Only people who don't know a WiiU would put that as "subjective". It's not a problem if you don't own it (why would it?) but please, do not be like the fox with the grapes. I don't own a good gaming PC and that doesn't stop me to say that it offers clearly better experiences of many games that I played on consoles.
I never said it's wrong to prefer the 3DS version (I'm absolutely certain than anyone who has a WiiU doesn't anyway, and it's interesting to say the least) but you just have to admit it's the lesser deal.

D

Deleted member

"You're off your game, Fox"
"THIS, is the Hero-King?"
"And they call you the Radiant Hero"
"How can you protect Chrom if you can't even protect yourself?"
"Poor little Pittoo"
"Where's your Goddess now?"

Man, some characters take this way seriously.
That's nothing. Have you heard the foul language Mr. Game & Watch spits out upon winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom