• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
XSoul: You may eventually change your mind on getting a Wii U. Think about it. I was at first reluctant to go to my Senior Prom two years ago, but when I went, I was one of the most popular guys there.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Earthbound only getting a new stage on 3DS I'm ok with, but F-Zero just getting retro treatment on Wii U would really suck unless by some sheer dumb luck they get a retro stage and a new stage just like Fire Emblem did.
Earthbound deserves a new stage more.

Saturn Valley mother ****ers!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'm still waiting on my new Donkey Kong Country stage that isn't a Jungle.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Quick question; Does anybody here have the "Plate Armor" Outfit for the Mii Fighters? If so, what Class is it for? :3
You can get the Outfit by Collecting 10 or more Mii Fighter Hats.
I don't got the game, so I don't know what Class it's for.
Swordfighter. It's medival knight armor, FYI.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So you aren't interested in technical subjects, computers, or etc.?

Look at this limpwristed luddite loser lillypad laffytaffy, lol. XD
I hated CS and IT in college.

I'm just a simple black man that just wants to pick cotton :/

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
You say "Buy the Wii U!" as if it were an obligation. Except that it isn't. So what if I say I'm not getting a Wii U. Does that make me a "fail" because I prefer playing on the 3DS?
There can be two ways to settle this

VC: You're not really going to convince anybody with propaganda. I myself was reluctant to buy a Wii U at first until I heard of the HD remake of Zelda Wind Waker, and look where I am now! I enjoy the hell out of it, but that doesn't mean I go around advertising it all around my college campus.

XSoul: You may eventually change your mind on getting a Wii U. Think about it. I was at first reluctant to go to my Senior Prom two years ago, but when I went, I was one of the most popular guys there. It was the best night of my life. You may eventually make the decision to buy a wii u by yourself sometime.
What the hell are you even talking about. Propaganda? LOL
I was impersonating Nintendo.
You seriously overestimate the amount of ****s that I give if you have a WiiU. That doesn't change the fact that Sm4sh U is clearly the superior version, and Nintendo knows it. And they're probably using this as a selling point for the WiiU.

Soul.

What the hell are you even talking about. Propaganda? LOL
I was impersonating Nintendo.
You seriously overestimate the amount of ****s that I give if you have a WiiU. That doesn't change the fact that Sm4sh U is clearly the superior version, and Nintendo knows it. And they're probably using this as a selling point for the WiiU.
Nintendo knows what lol. The Wii U is still going to sell less. What's so superior outside of GameCube controllers, "HD" which means nothing because it's the standard, and more music. Still going to sell less than Smash 3DS.
You're probably hating on the 3DS version because you can't get used to its controls. So yeah, whatever, this is going nowhere. I'm done talking about this.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
3DS version brought forth nothing but disaster. WiiU Smash master race represent!

(ok but seriously WiiU version is probably going to be superior thanks to better hardware and bigger screen. It will all come down to stages and modes I guess)

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It's the 100 Combo Training Mode one.
Someone else said it was for Brawler. :\
You're confusing two things.
Plate Armour is for 10 different headgear and is for Swordfighter.
Protective Gear is 100 Combo in Training and is for Brawler.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You're confusing two things.
Plate Armour is for 10 different headgear and is for Swordfighter.
Protective Gear is 100 Combo in Training and is for Brawler.
Oh
whoops
Me and my dumb mind

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You're probably hating on the 3DS version because you can't get used to its controls.
Okay, I'm sorry, where does "not getting used to the controls" come up when he clearly never mentioned them as an issue.

Soul.

Okay, I'm sorry, where does "not getting used to the controls" come up when he clearly never mentioned them as an issue.
He made a thread a few days ago saying that the controls were not responsive.
"This game is mediocre." was the name of the thread.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Greetings, fellow smashers.

Tried Online in For Fun for the first time those damn Thunder spammers.

If you see someone called Él F with either Mario, Lucina or Dark Pit, that's me.

Can only do it from thursdays to sundays though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I needed around 3 or 4 battles on the demo to get used to the controls.

I still haven't mastered them, but I'm playing quite well. I did use the GCN controller for Smash until the 3DS game and I've been playing Smash for 10 years. That, and I haven't had much free time to play the game.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I wouldn't trade the 3DS version's existence for anything. Not even characters.
What about another 3DS version that doesn't feel like a trial version, it could have a fleshed out Smash Run with more options, only has two cuts, no filler stage selection and has an online that's even slightly better than 2008 technology on a system not designed for online play? :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I needed around 3 or 4 battles on the demo to get used to the controls.

I still haven't mastered them, but I'm playing quite well. I did use the GCN controller for Smash until the 3DS game and I've been playing Smash for 10 years. That, and I haven't had much free time to play the game.
I got used to the 3DS controls right after playing the game's demo for the first time. Then I went to play PM with a GCN controller and it did not feel weird at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom