• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Noone did it, so I did.
*Makes thread for list of Challenges and Rewards*
And of course, since I don't own the game YET, it's really in need of info, plus add in the fact that the spoiler glitch is all around, and the thread isn't up to snuff with my Mario's Toolbox thread. :\

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We couldn't just have Pit without his other half hanging around, picking fights and crashing the party like nobody's business.

I'd say he pretty much crashed some hype trains in his arrival.

Smash fans: "Dark Pit, you just dropped in to crash our hype?"
:4darkpit:: "Uh-uh." :smirk:
BTW, would you have minded if he was an Alt with his own voice clips, victory animations and taunts? Of course, another clone would exist in his place, I'm sure. I definitely love his personalit. I just wish he was a little more different from Pit. In fact, the Final Smash is seriously the only major difference that makes it worth the slot alone to me. That is one kickass-looking blast attack, imo.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I'm playing A Link to the Past (Yes, I'm not playing Smash. Shut up. :p) and I'm at Ganon's Tower...
I once believed the Ice Palace was the worst dungeon in the series...
I was wrong. **** this place. :facepalm:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
BTW, would you have minded if he was an Alt with his own voice clips, victory animations and taunts? Of course, another clone would exist in his place, I'm sure. I definitely love his personalit. I just wish he was a little more different from Pit. In fact, the Final Smash is seriously the only major difference that makes it worth the slot alone to me. That is one kickass-looking blast attack, imo.
Nope, I wouldn't have minded him as an alt at all. It was what I was expecting him to be in the first place, given the tease at the end of Palutena's trailer. I would have been satisfied anyway.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ugh, the Dark Pit discussion just never ends. I'm definitely not a fan but he's in the game so no can do. Not surprised at him not getting his own trailer, appearing in Palutena's trailer is enough. No "Newcomer"-label on his page is a bit weird though, maybe it's not considered necessary for secret characters. We'll see when DHD and Bowser Jr. appear.
Maybe Sakurai thinks Dark Pit's origin started in Brawl. O.o
He was technically playable before. I think my theory is a stretch though.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Wasn't Lucina sort of missing her Newcomer banner the whole time on the US site?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nope, I wouldn't have minded him as an alt at all. It was what I was expecting him to be in the first place, given the tease at the end of Palutena's trailer. I would have been satisfied anyway.
Fair enough. Also, maybe I'm the only one that doesn't consider his tease any real foreshadowing. I don't think he was planned to be in till after the trailer was released. It's more a fun coincidence to me. However, I think it would be good if Sakurai clarified that. Same with whether he thought of making Dr. Mario a costume/alt(with Megavitamins specifically to replace the graphics. If he can redo models for characters, why not their projectiles? Of course, it doesn't work with FLUDD outside of say, some large needle spraying water, but eh).

I wonder though; Am I the only one that likes his "Boom! Headshot!" rifle-style Final Smash over most other FS's? Wouldn't work with regular Pit unless he essentially re-used Light Arrow via Zelda/Sheik(just with possible a unique animation, but otherwise no effect on gameplay itself).

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Why does Dark Pit look so sad all the time? Is it because he wishes he had his own name? If we call him Johnny will that make him happier? :(

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Why does Dark Pit look so sad all the time? Is it because he wishes he had his own name? If we call him Johnny will that make him happier? :(
He's just frustrated Pit gets all the girls and Hades.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't think he looks sad, why do you think that?

Fair enough. Also, maybe I'm the only one that doesn't consider his tease any real foreshadowing. I don't think he was planned to be in till after the trailer was released. It's more a fun coincidence to me. However, I think it would be good if Sakurai clarified that. Same with whether he thought of making Dr. Mario a costume/alt(with Megavitamins specifically to replace the graphics. If he can redo models for characters, why not their projectiles? Of course, it doesn't work with FLUDD outside of say, some large needle spraying water, but eh).

I wonder though; Am I the only one that likes his "Boom! Headshot!" rifle-style Final Smash over most other FS's? Wouldn't work with regular Pit unless he essentially re-used Light Arrow via Zelda/Sheik(just with possible a unique animation, but otherwise no effect on gameplay itself).
Zelda's FS has been one of my favorite since Brawl, so Dark Pit's is cool too.

Robin and Shulk's Final Smashes are just epic, though. Mega Man and Pit's are up there too.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So I just started up Smash, and for some reason, it gave me the milestone "You played 200 battles!" The very second it started up. Why didn't it give me this when I was playing it yesterday?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Noone did it, so I did.
*Makes thread for list of Challenges and Rewards*
And of course, since I don't own the game YET, it's really in need of info, plus add in the fact that the spoiler glitch is all around, and the thread isn't up to snuff with my Mario's Toolbox thread. :\
Your avatar.... what happened?

Dark Pit is basically darker and edgier. He's the new Ow the edge Shadow. :troll: Heck, he even uses a rifle.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Considering Dark Pit is a clone just created to serve Medusa, I wouldn't imagine he would be the happiest guy around, but he grows out of the moodiness at the end of the game.

In the ending, after Hades is defeated, he and Pit fly together and Dark Pit even smiles at Pit. The last line he delivers to Pit when saving him from Hades's body also has him sound genuinely friendly.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Actually, we should give him a name that perfectly encapsulates his dark and edgy nature. Like Spike, or Tank.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
sadly edgy pit is probably better than regular
They're nearly identical in gameplay, though.

Like, 99% of the Pit twins' moveset is identical. The only differences lie in two special moves and they aren't very significant anyway. The only big difference is the Final Smash.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Like, 99% of the Pit twins' moveset is identical. The only differences lie in two special moves and they aren't very significant anyway. The only big difference is the Final Smash.
Which is kind of a shame, because Uprising has enough weapons to choose from. But you can't have everything.

And how popular are Jungle Japes and Brinstar? I've been thinking for a while about Sakurai's reasoning for the 3DS stage selection, but these two levels are the only ones I can't give a good explanation for.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Which is sad, since Final Smashes would likely be banned in highly Competitive Tourneys. At least their customs can somewhat makes for slightly different matches against other Pits/Dark Pits. I actually love the customs, as they will make the meta far more unique. That said, I don't think Customs as a whole will ever be banned, but it is possible a specific move may be if it proves to be too powerful.

Also, am I the only one that loves that planking was effectively removed? No ledge grab limit options either. I mean, that was a huge issue during Brawl. I'm not going to say much on it being too defensive, but it was still a great game if you don't take the LGL necessity into account. I think that hurt more than anything else overall. Random Tripping is even less of an issue since it's very rare. Of course, IMO on all of this.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
isn't dark pit stronger than pit?
No, he isn't. There aren't any strength differences or anything of the sort.

How many times is this going to have to be repeated? Everyone keeps asking the same questions over and over again. >>'

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
isn't dark pit stronger than pit?
Nope. Not in Smash, not canonically in his game.

The differences between Pit and Dark Pit are, besides different victory/taunt animations and Final Smash:
- Arrows: Pit's have more range and control, but less power. Dark Pit's have less range and control but more power.
- Arms (side specials): Pit sends foes upward. Dark Pit sends foes diagonally. Damage and knockback are the same.

Naoshi

Which is kind of a shame, because Uprising has enough weapons to choose from. But you can't have everything.

And how popular are Jungle Japes and Brinstar? I've been thinking for a while about Sakurai's reasoning for the 3DS stage selection, but these two levels are the only ones I can't give a good explanation for.
Considering he's only going with Brawl and Brawl's Melee stages as returning ones...

DK's options are Jungle Japes, 75m and that autoscrolling one. The latter 2 are universally hated while the former is well liked. As for Metroid, there's Brinstar, Norfair and the Metroid Prime stage. All 3 are considered well received, probably not loved. But Brinstar is kind of the iconic "raising lava stage". Norfair has it too, but Brinstar is probably less taxing on the 3DS hardware since the rising lava gimmick is much simpler? No idea, it's hard to say honestly.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
ah, i was lead to believe that dark pit was slower yet did more damage just like doctor mario
That was a rumor that spread around during the Japanese release. It's been confirmed false for a while.

All of their moves are identical, except the Final Smash and the neutral and side specials.

The cloniest clone of Smash Bros. history and he's also a clone in the literal sense of the word given he's created from Pit.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Considering he's only going with Brawl and Brawl's Melee stages as returning ones...

DK's options are Jungle Japes, 75m and that autoscrolling one. The latter 2 are universally hated while the former is well liked. As for Metroid, there's Brinstar, Norfair and the Metroid Prime stage. All 3 are considered well received, probably not loved. But Brinstar is kind of the iconic "raising lava stage". Norfair has it too, but Brinstar is probably less taxing on the 3DS hardware since the rising lava gimmick is much simpler? No idea, it's hard to say honestly.
Yeah, but I was more contemplating why there isn't a DKCR3D stage, but instead chose to bring Jungle Japes back. So I was wondering if it had something to do with Jungle Japes' popularity.
And Metroid doesn't have a 3DS game to pick a stage from, but as F-Zero and EarthBound did get a new stage while they haven't a 3DS game as well. Not to mention Kirby. But big chance I'm looking too much into this.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Some series on the 3DS version only got past stages, while others only got new stages.

You know, I would like if DLC was made to balance things out, so all series would get both new and old stages.

Naoshi

Dark Pit being nearly 100% identical to Pit is incredibly disappointing. Almost to the point they should've just made Pit an alt instead in the same fashion Koopalings and Alph are. Hopefully next Smash Bros (if Dark Pit doesn't get cut) will have him bring more to the table. As is, this is disappointing. ...Are his custom moves at least different?

Nothing against Dark Pit, just wish he had more differences. :(

Yeah, but I was more contemplating why there isn't a DKCR3D stage, but instead chose to bring Jungle Japes back. So I was wondering if it had something to do with Jungle Japes' popularity.
And Metroid doesn't have a 3DS game to pick a stage from, but as F-Zero and EarthBound did get a new stage while they haven't a 3DS game as well. Not to mention Kirby. But big chance I'm looking too much into this.
Making new returning stages are a lot more work than porting old ones is what I'm guessing. DKCR3D is a port of a console game, so they're probably going to make a DKCR stage for Wii U instead.

F-Zero and Earthbound having new stages on 3DS before most of the popular franchises were a surprise to me, I have no idea the rationale behind that. Probably just to throw a bone for F-Zero and Mother fans.

Some series on the 3DS version only got past stages, while others only got new stages.

You know, I would like if DLC was made to balance things out, so all series would get both new and old stages.
ALL OF MY MONEY

IM THROWING THEM AT THE SCREEN RIGHT NOW

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He ported Brawl data over to save time. That's why every past course was directly in Brawl. Good or bad, that's why.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I hope in next Smash they will give Dark Pit more differences instead of sticking with the bullcrap "but people LIKE this recolour!" excuse that doomed Ganondorf forever.

Then again, I hope the next Smash is the Ultimate Smash that has all characters from the series and 10 or so newcomers, but thats a dream right now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The past stages overall still fit the handheld game criteria.

Jungle Japes - Based on DKC overall. All DKC games except Tropical Freeze have appeared in handhelds.
Brinstar - Metroid: Zero Mission, that is all.
Corneria - Star Fox 64 3D, enough said.
Yoshi's Island - Yoshi's Island DS, anyone?
WarioWare, Inc. - Design and mini-games lifted from the first game on the GBA. Some minigames are from Touched! (a DS game) or original to Smash, though.
Flat Zone 2 - Do I really need to explain this one?
Mushroomy Kingdom - Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for the Game Boy Color.
Green Hill Zone - It has appeared in several Sonic games, some of them on handheld systems.

The only one left out is Distant Planet from the Pikmin series, which never had a handheld installment anyway.

Naoshi

Jungle Japes - Based on DKC overall. All DKC games except Tropical Freeze have appeared in handhelds.
WarioWare, Inc. - Design and mini-games lifted from the first game on the GBA. Some minigames are from Touched! (a DS game) or original to Smash, though.
Green Hill Zone - It has appeared in several Sonic games, some of them on handheld systems.

The only one left out is Distant Planet from the Pikmin series, which never had a handheld installment anyway.
Yoshi's Island is based off the SNES game, the DS game ditched the crayon art direction if I'm not entirely mistaken.HOWEVER... there is the GBA port, so that still works :)

I'm just being needlessly nitpicky though so don't mind me lol (or maybe I kind of want to forget that DS game ever happened... lol)

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Yup, was looking too much into this.

And the salt is real in the Sakurai's interview thread...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I hope in next Smash they will give Dark Pit more differences instead of sticking with the bullcrap "but people LIKE this recolour!" excuse that doomed Ganondorf forever.

Then again, I hope the next Smash is the Ultimate Smash that has all characters from the series and 10 or so newcomers, but thats a dream right now.
I find it far more likely that he will be cut next game. They could have given him Brawl Pit's moveset, which would have made him sufficiently different, but also ironic.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I don't think he looks sad, why do you think that?

Zelda's FS has been one of my favorite since Brawl, so Dark Pit's is cool too.

Robin and Shulk's Final Smashes are just epic, though. Mega Man and Pit's are up there too.
I really like the Mii fighter's final smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom