• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I never got the idea of TVTropes...What is it for?
It basically collects the storytelling cliches and methods used in all kinds of media - TV, films, games, etc. It also covers these cliches on very wide variety of topics, including history, politics and astronomy.

More importantly, it has a unique style of writing which makes the site equivalent to a drug. Once you step in, you don't come out before a few hours have passed. You have been warned.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Considering how trope-driven anime in general is, I'd recommend all anime fans tvtropes in a second. Get lost for a few hours, lol.

Problem is there are a lot of strange opinions and simply missed entries, but users can fix those.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It basically collects the storytelling cliches and methods used in all kinds of media - TV, films, games, etc. It also covers these cliches on very wide variety of topics, including history, politics and astronomy.

More importantly, it has a unique style of writing which makes the site equivalent to a drug. Once you step in, you don't come out before a few hours have passed. You have been warned.
>x

Must... resist... primal urges...

University work... first... pointless reading... comes second...

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I don't really find TV Tropes addicting maybe it's just because I'm too lazy to read like everything or I have no patience to be on it for more than an hour. I usually use it to look up examples of various tropes and cliches in media (anime, video games, ect.) for whatever reason or research needs, then I check out the examples. Or sometimes I might come across interview sources for like video games. It's awesome to find an interview that you haven't read before.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Someone needs to explains me why it's so inconsistent and doesn't even make sense.

The site credited Saki Kasuga for TTYD as main composition.

No one named that person was credited for TTYD and I didn't notice it because a person having the same first name but not last name was credited for sounds effects.

In super Paper Mario however, the same person is credited for sound effects.

The game list the same person in the Paper Mario medley as arrangement supervisor.

Question: who is the Saki that was credited in TTYD?

The one credited for the same section was Saki Haruyama.

Are those the same person? I can't believe the site would lie to us.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Got to try For Glory, fought the same person a few times in one on one. I lost a lot, but the matches were all close.

I did win a couple matches with Game & Watch, he's still got it.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Here's my potential top 5, in no particular order:

Sheik
Diddy
Duck Hunt
PacMan

The last slot is debatable, but as of TODAY, this is my list of POTENTIAL top 5 characters.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I think that proves that the 3DS version was rushed, since none of those appear in the actual game.

Or, they could be in the Wii U version.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Someone needs to explains me why it's so inconsistent and doesn't even make sense.

The site credited Saki Kasuga for TTYD as main composition.

No one named that person was credited for TTYD and I didn't notice it because a person having the same first name but not last name was credited for sounds effects.

In super Paper Mario however, the same person is credited for sound effects.

The game list the same person in the Paper Mario medley as arrangement supervisor.

Question: who is the Saki that was credited in TTYD?

The one credited for the same section was Saki Haruyama.

Are those the same person? I can't believe the site would lie to us.
I'll be honest, if that's the worst thing that happens to Smash, then we'll have a masterpiece of a game.

I think that proves that the 3DS version was rushed, since none of those appear in the actual game.
I don't see what one has to do with the other.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Makes sense to me. Remember when the first Street Fighter tanked and then the series was unsalvageable, there was no possible way to improve it into something marketable and Capcom never benefitted from the series's existence whatsoever?

Capcom is just learning from their past. They're great at that you know.
I remember, especially when I've heard that Final Fight was supposed to be a continuation of Street Fighter at first until they've made it it's own franchise and made Street Fighter II into a more viable fighter that we all know to this day (mostly due to the overmilking). That's another reason why we even see Final Fight characters in the Street Fighter games, proving that they take place in the same universe.

If only the Okami an Viewtiful Joe fans can hear this so that they can lose hope in another sequel for both franchises since they are dead. They've already announced the death of Dino Crisis and Onimusha two years ago after the release of Onimusha Souls (which had tons of Capcom cameos in the form of various female characters in Japanese attire). I'd like to see another Ghost n' Goblins game, but I doubt it would sell well these days due to how irrelevant the series is.

This can also be applied to Nintendo's business practices, in which we've never seen an Ice Climbers sequel despite their appearance in Smash. It was most due to how bad of a game it was considered in the past compared to other NES classics. Then there's what happened with the Golden Sun and Sin & Punishment games (fat chances of those games having anew entry in the future).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
8 player Smash... and voice calls for Ridley, Mewtwo and Chorus Kids.

The DLC group is going to run with this now.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'll be honest, if that's the worst thing that happens to Smash, then we'll have a masterpiece of a game.

I don't see what one has to do with the other.
euh...could you clarify yourself? I;m confused if it was sarcasm I failed to get or a point a failed to get?

Anyway, it's indeed the same person, the TTYD staff listed her (didn't know female) maiden name while everything else is real name.

So, don't worry it;s the TTYD sound compositor.

But what was your point?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
euh...could you clarify yourself? I;m confused if it was sarcasm I failed to get or a point a failed to get?

Anyway, it's indeed the same person, the TTYD staff listed her (didn't know female) maiden name while everything else is real name.

So, don't worry it;s the TTYD sound compositor.

But what was your point?
It could just be how I am, but I don't think them getting a name wrong is something to complain about.

Try holding a straw to your ear and pointing it at the speakers.
I tried that once. It didn't go well. But if you say so...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom