• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Crashboards can't do it's job as effectively anymore.

Even when we can't get on the site many of us will still have Smash 3DS to comfort us.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
HERE COMES CRASHBOARDS
Additionally, the your body is ready reference is pure gold.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
This is now confirmed to be the best game ever.

Image source, in case anyone wants it: https://twitter.com/irishmarcoos/status/519246091326611456

Nintendo Treehouse/whoever was responsible for adding this tidbit, I love you guys. :) This game just has top-notch English localization, from the trailer captions (which were apparently pun-less in the original Japanese versions) to the various Trophy descriptions..! At this rate, "no Johns" will be visible in an official Super Smash Bros. game at some point (maybe like a notice of when you've unlocked everyone or connect to the Wii U version, or something)...

Yet amidst all of these Woolseyisms, why do we still get the utterly bland name of "Secret Ninja Attack" (the English name for Greninja's Final Smash)..? :cry:

Last edited:

Soul.

Huh, when did Greninja rise up? I knew it was good (A+ even), but not that good. What caused the change?.
Basically, Greninja destroys every single Hyper Offensive team if it doesn't have a Ninja check (Faster attackers, Priority, Scarfed Pokémon). It's fast and versatile thanks to Protean + Life Orb + 122 base Speed. All you know is Hydro Pump + Ice Beam (which are mandatory for every Greninja set), but the other two coverage moves are used depending on who you want to KO. No HP Fire? Scizor and Ferrothorn are just there, setting up Swords Dance and Leech Seed respectively. No HP Grass / Grass Knot? Water-types like Azumarill and Rotom-W have a field day and respond with Play Rough and Volt Switch. No Extrasensory? Keldeo KO's with Secret Sword.
People in Smogon think it's broken but they haven't adapted to it yet. Greninja's good, annoying and "powerful," but it's not broken.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I love my almost perfect IV'd protean Greninja

It's been a staple of my team since the beggining

However, so was Aegislash and I heard he was banned

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Has anyone else encountered some sort of glitch where after using Greninja's recovery against fox's reflector, he goes flying really far?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Has anyone else encountered some sort of glitch where after using Greninja's recovery against fox's reflector, he goes flying really far?
Personally, I prefer the air. :troll:

Also, is Crashboards over? I plan to say a mini-review of Smash 3DS, good and bad. Character excluded, though. It's also a first impression style review.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Personally, I prefer the air. :troll:

Also, is Crashboards over? I plan to say a mini-review of Smash 3DS, good and bad. Character excluded, though. It's also a first impression style review.
Kind of makes senses since Froakie and Frogadier have a Water/Flying look to them rather than a Water/Dark. Things must have escalated when Frogadier became Greninja.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
What on earth is going on with Captain Falcon's voice clips?

Clip 14 sounds like some deep voiced guy going "whoops."

Clip 22 sounds like an old Japanese man whispering "oooh noooo."

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

It was the same thing in Brawl and Melee. Captain Falcon never had a voice actor change, but a sound quality update in Melee. I love his Star KO clip. It's hilarious. Oh, and I think Captain Falcon has a new clip for lifting heavy objects like crates and barrels.

Speaking of voices, Wii Fit Trainer has a ton of clips. Alone - either gender - has like 60 clips. Little Mac comes too, but that's because the coach is considered part of Little Mac. Speaking of which, there's a splat screen KO of his coach for a challenge screenshot or something. I'm assuming that's a very close up of him during the victory animation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While we're talking about voice clips I want everyone to go appreciate how adorable Kirby is.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My second is still Lemmy, though I've been primarily using sheik

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
3DS themes cost money! REALLY?! They're freaking free on PSN unless they're "special" or animated. Hell, they're free for pretty much everything! I remember some dude showing me a wallpaper of Zero Suit Samus in a suggestive pose on his PSP. It implied a lot, but it's freaking free! ... NINTENDO! WHAT THE HELL?!

D

Deleted member

The screenshot feature is nothing new, but it's cool. Maybe in a future update, you could use the feature in-game; at this moment, you can only use it in the HOME Menu.
Well, I used a different picture for the touch screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

The screenshot feature is nothing new, but it's cool. Maybe in a future update, you could use the feature in-game; at this moment, you can only use it in the HOME Menu.
Well, I used a different picture for the touch screen.
So that's what the Y Button prompt does. Nifty.
Now I want to know what the Home Wrench Icon does, since in my 2DS' Home Menu it's just a normal wrench and adjusts brightness/wireless connection, so maybe the new Home + Wrench does more.
Who knows.
But
With that being said
THE 3DS THEMES ARE APPROACHING
LES GO
NO MORE BORING WHITE FOR ME

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488

Wanna know something even more fun than creepy Falcon? Just keeping hitting the random option in Pikachu's sound test. It's the greatest thing ever.

D

Deleted member

So that's what the Y Button prompt does. Nifty.
Now I want to know what the Home Wrench Icon does, since in my 2DS' Home Menu it's just a normal wrench and adjusts brightness/wireless connection, so maybe the new Home + Wrench does more.
Who knows.
But
With that being said
THE 3DS THEMES ARE APPROACHING
LES GO
NO MORE BORING WHITE FOR ME
Hmm, well, the HOME Menu Settings wrench gives you the ability to change the 3DS theme, brightness settings, power saving mode (not available in 2DS), Nintendo 3DS Image Share, and a quick link to System Settings. The themes currently available are pretty nice, and some are based on those covers that are launching alongside the regular-sized New 3DS. It's just great.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hmm, well, the HOME Menu Settings wrench gives you the ability to change the 3DS theme, brightness settings, power saving mode (not available in 2DS), Nintendo 3DS Image Share, and a quick link to System Settings. The themes currently available are pretty nice, and some are based on those covers that are launching alongside the regular-sized New 3DS. Great.
SWEEEEET
Can't wait for this Update to be out. Immediately getting one of the Free Themes (or Both) and having a blast testing out all the new features.
Next week I might even get Smash 4, so I'll finally be able to settle it with @ Starcutter Starcutter once we add eachother. >:]

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hmm, well, the HOME Menu Settings wrench gives you the ability to change the 3DS theme, brightness settings, power saving mode (not available in 2DS), Nintendo 3DS Image Share, and a quick link to System Settings. The themes currently available are pretty nice, and some are based on those covers that are launching alongside the regular-sized New 3DS. It's just great.
I can't wait. While it'll never have a theme for one of my favorite games(Quest 64), this sounds really cool!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Guys
I think it just came out
FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE
I'M GLAD I OPENED MY MOUTH
But good god, it's taking a long time to download. Proceed with caution, fellow 3DS/2DS users.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Question, what's the lowest intensity in classic mode that master core appears?
From the wiki: 5.1 at the least and 8.0 in the European and American (and probably Australian) versions you're forced to fight it; I guess the Japanese version only forces you to fight it on 9.0.

Soul.

Since the 3DS is getting custom themes for the HOME Menu, who wants to see a Smash 3DS HOME Menu theme?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone else notice there are now 9 Koopas in the game but still no Bowser;s castle>

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
You guys want my personal competitive stage list for 3DS?

Starter:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's island
Prism Tower

Counter-pick
Tomodachi Life
Arena Ferox
Jungle Japes

And I'm debating on adding reset bomb forest but the second part is way too broken (lol) to play on competitively.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Finished downloading the update.
As of right now, you get these for free, they also are automatically with you;
  • Default (White)
  • Red
  • Blue
  • Yellow
  • Pink
  • Black
There's also some you can buy, some are Simple Patterns for less than 1 dollar, most are based off the Super Mario Series for $1.99 and also one based off Hanafuda Cards, also for $1.99.

Also, the DDOS Crashboards is real.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Crashboards 2: Crash Harder.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What's funny is when I experienced Crashboards this time some sort of console popped up.
After looking around, i found alot of files reading "{smashboards}".
...So I went and typed a bunch of random words into the console and I might have did some things I wasn't supposed too on complete accident.
NOTMYPROBLEM
NOJOHNS

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Is there a reason why Smashboards is crashing? It made sense where there were +1000 guests once, but not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom