• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's either not crashing for me, or I'm too focused on the other tab that coincidentally it's not crashing when I check it

D

Deleted member

Smashboards.exe has stopped working.
Smashboards.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. :troll:
Uh, I got that from Windows errors. xD

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Unrelated: Carla Bruni has a beautiful voice... I didn't even know that she was the tour guide in Midnight in Paris, until I looked up the film again. Beautiful all over, I guess... Embarrass

She might even convince me to learn Italian, but I'm thinking Spanish first then Italian since English, French, Spanish, and Mandarin are more widely spoken. I don't know anywhere else where Italian is widely used aside from maybe parts of New York. At least Portuguese is used in several South American countries like Brazil.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
3DS themes cost money! REALLY?! They're freaking free on PSN unless they're "special" or animated. Hell, they're free for pretty much everything! I remember some dude showing me a wallpaper of Zero Suit Samus in a suggestive pose on his PSP. It implied a lot, but it's freaking free! ... NINTENDO! WHAT THE HELL?!
You can get themes for free on PSN? I've only ever seen paid ones.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The Star Fox 64 voice cast was definitely intended to come as close to the original N64 voice cast as physically possible and I believe some of them were the original voice cast for that game. The voice acting quality of Star Fox 64 was pretty decent for its time and even by today's standards it isn't god awful, at least I don't think so. Though I don't hate the new voices, but it does seem like the voice direction was not really the best directed when it came to taking those actors and putting them in a different style of game.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You can get themes for free on PSN? I've only ever seen paid ones.
It's been a thing since the PS3 launched I think as the PSP can easily get wallpapers somehow. I have Ratchet & Clank, Metal Gear Solid 4, inFAMOUS, and more just by downloading them through PSN. Ones I remember having a price included A Crack in Time's animated theme and random ones like sports themes, Call of Duty themes, etc.

You can even unlock themes through certain games. Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and I think Lightning Returns all have unlockable themes. I still use Guardian of Etro Lightning as a theme since it's so beautiful with the feathers, crystal-to-form gunblade, and well, Lightning herself... Embarrass

D

Deleted member

It's been a thing since the PS3 launched I think as the PSP can easily get wallpapers somehow. I have Ratchet & Clank, Metal Gear Solid 4, inFAMOUS, and more just by downloading them through PSN. Ones I remember having a price included A Crack in Time's animated theme and random ones like sports themes, Call of Duty themes, etc.

You can even unlock themes through certain games. Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and I think Lightning Returns all have unlockable themes. I still use Guardian of Etro Lightning as a theme since it's so beautiful with the feathers, crystal-to-form gunblade, and well, Lightning herself... Embarrass
From what I've seen, there are free wallpapers available for PSP via PS Store, but I only downloaded a LBP wallpaper and a PlayStation 15th Anniversary wallpaper, with the rest being SSB4-based wallpapers I found in deviantART. I don't own a PS3 so I don't know what to say about that.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

The only themes I have are a Christmas theme I got in an email, a Pac-Man anniversary theme that I don't remember how I got and the unlockable themes from KH HD 1.5 Remix.
Would it be different for different regions and countries because I seriously don't remember ever seeing a free theme on the PSN.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The only themes I have are a Christmas theme I got in an email, a Pac-Man anniversary theme that I don't remember how I got and the unlockable themes from KH HD 1.5 Remix.
Would it be different for different regions and countries because I seriously don't remember ever seeing a free theme on the PSN.
I live in the US, but it shouldn't make much of a difference. I don't know where it is in the new PS Store layout, but in the past, you would find the themes section or something and download whatever theme you wanted.

Or you could download a theme or wallpaper and install it on your PC. I never bothered since you could just use whatever you unlocked or downloaded.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know. Folders save space for the HOME Menu. It's good for those who want to...err, save space in their menu?
Not just to save space but to organize everything to places where I can find it fast

D

Deleted member

Hmm, looks like the eShop also got a redesign. It's now up with the new 3DS update.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just remembered something: Is there a way to check what custom moves you've unlocked without having to go through them by selecting a character and looking for what moves were unlocked? Like a list telling you what's unlocked or something that doesn't involve checking each, individual, single character.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just added the old school mario theme

Now my folders look like question blocks and mario jumps over my icons

Soul.

Not just to save space but to organize everything to places where I can find it fast
Yeah. The folder I have right next to Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition has a V on it, which means Virtual Console. I have some Ambassador NES / GBA titles in that folder.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
this is my menu

the folders have stuff, I label them S (NES) for example.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I wonder if mh4u will have online support on the 3ds?
I think it does and that's a major change since past titles only used local area connection or so I read. That means it's possible to hunt with Russians, Fins, and Spaniards even if you live in Alaska. Uh... Alaska has decent internet, right?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is the costumes found in All star mode random?

Because Bowser Jr had Ludwig's costume...

I know for a fact that wasn't the year Ludwig debuted

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Now that Crashboards is over...

My only issue with the game is the horrid Control Pad. I can't grip the thing so it makes many areas of the game next to impossible to play. I have other smaller gripes, but they don't affect my actual enjoyment like this does.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Now that Crashboards is over...

My only issue with the game is the horrid Control Pad. I can't grip the thing so it makes many areas of the game next to impossible to play. I have other smaller gripes, but they don't affect my actual enjoyment like this does.
Agreed.
Am I trying to do a tilt? A smash? Hard to differentiate.
This is especially bad for Ganondorf. His up Smash is good, but his up tilt is the worst in the game.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The lack of a hexagonal pad and C-stick is what is killing me. It's supper hard to be precise with attacks without those things and gives me more of a tendency of doing one attack instead of the one I actually want to do, I've also messed up recovers because of this as well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Agreed.
Am I trying to do a tilt? A smash? Hard to differentiate.
This is especially bad for Ganondorf. His up Smash is good, but his up tilt is the worst in the game.
I do at least like that the cast is higly varied, so I can always unlock someone with someone else. I cheesed out Duck Hunt with fast moves with Sonic. Same to Ganondorf.

It's more my hand can't grip it. I don't have too much trouble getting it to do the right move, but a small grip piece would be nice...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm used to tab jumping

But after trying button jumping I can see some advantages to it

I just need to get used to it

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I just remembered something: Is there a way to check what custom moves you've unlocked without having to go through them by selecting a character and looking for what moves were unlocked? Like a list telling you what's unlocked or something that doesn't involve checking each, individual, single character.
I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today.

It is time consuming clicking on each individual character, going through menu after menu if you just want to see new custom moves you've unlocked. I'm really not sure, but for the time being, I'd say write down the custom moves you've unlocked so you won't forget and check them afterwards. But damn, Sakurai really went menu happy, did he lol? I guess it would be easier if the new moves are also in its own section or list... or even on the character roster, if you see the word "new" appear on characters who have unchecked new moves.

D

Deleted member

The lack of a hexagonal pad and C-stick is what is killing me. It's supper hard to be precise with attacks without those things and gives me more of a tendency of doing one attack instead of the one I actually want to do, I've also messed up recovers because of this as well.
I cannot count how many times I've accidentally side-B'd with Greninja and fallen to my doom instead of recovering.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
For Glory Teams is annoying me. My first few matches I had decent teammates but then I got stuck in a string of matches where my partner only spammed a single move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom