• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For Glory Teams is annoying me. My first few matches I had decent teammates but then I got stuck in a string of matches where my partner only spammed a single move.
Damn that sounds like it sucks. I wish my For Glory connections were half as good as my For Fun ones.

I didn't go online today. I just started my Classic and All Star runs. I haven't gotten far yet. Because I've also been trying my hand at finishing those Challenges. I might use those Hammers, I don't know.

I can tell you one thing though, getting 4 K.Os on Cruel Smash was annoying. Somehow, I was able to get 6 with Little Mac. Counter Spamming was the way to go.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I ran into a Bowser player that kept trying to suicide with me using Bowser's claw over and over

Didn't work

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG that's stupid

People are trying to rename columbus day into "Indigenous People Day"

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I hate getting duplicates from custom moves.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Damn that sounds like it sucks. I wish my For Glory connections were half as good as my For Fun ones.

I didn't go online today. I just started my Classic and All Star runs. I haven't gotten far yet. Because I've also been trying my hand at finishing those Challenges. I might use those Hammers, I don't know.

I can tell you one thing though, getting 4 K.Os on Cruel Smash was annoying. Somehow, I was able to get 6 with Little Mac. Counter Spamming was the way to go.
You want to know what's bad. Just now my partner scored negative 7. Who the hell self destructs four times in a match!?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
3DS themes cost money! REALLY?! They're freaking free on PSN unless they're "special" or animated. Hell, they're free for pretty much everything! I remember some dude showing me a wallpaper of Zero Suit Samus in a suggestive pose on his PSP. It implied a lot, but it's freaking free! ... NINTENDO! WHAT THE HELL?!
Well, they are animated and drastically different then the home theme. They also provide new backgroud music apparently. I say the small fee is fair.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But did you do it one after the other, like as soon as you spawn?
What do I look like, a noob? :p

Seriously, I haven't. I have some trouble with the Control Nub, but not to that degree. I may avoid online outside of Challenges since I need to pause the game often...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm pretty good with Bowser Jr

Time for Glory mode and lose

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Wow... Meta Knight is terrible at fighting Master Core...

Also, the Cucco has two different trophies for some reason.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Still trying to get better with Shulk and King Dedede...

Am I the only one who has an easier time adapting with a character when playing against actual players than CPUs? I mean I need to get a hang of the control scheme first but once I do have that down I usually get good enough with a character to take on most levels of most CPU controlled characters... I have a hard time truly improving my skill with something that can hardly put up a fight against me, plus the way they think and fight can be drastically different from real players at times. I played Brawl online so much that I'm hardly used to battling CPUs anymore.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Still trying to get better with Shulk and King Dedede...

Am I the only one who has an easier time adapting with a character when playing against actual players than CPUs? I mean I need to get a hang of the control scheme first but once I do have that down I usually get good enough with a character to take on most levels of most CPU controlled characters... I have a hard time truly improving my skill with something that can hardly put up a fight against me, plus the way they think and fight can be drastically different from real players at times. I played Brawl online so much that I'm hardly used to battling CPUs anymore.
No

Real players are A LOT better teachers than CPU

Do not depend on skills developed from battling CPU's. You'll have to learn how to adapt a lot better against real people

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wow... Meta Knight is terrible at fighting Master Core...

Also, the Cucco has two different trophies for some reason.
Is it one for the item and one for the Smash Run enemy?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm trying to get Mega Man's Shield variants, but I can't find a single one. I mostly just want the Plant Barrier, it seems better and it won't hinder recovery as much if you get launched while it's up. I've got every other custom move for him so far. This is going to take a while. I'm pretty sure I only have about 20 custom moves or so, and that's being generous.

One last question, does anyone know of an easy way, if at all, to put Smash replays on Youtube?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm trying to get Mega Man's Shield variants, but I can't find a single one. I mostly just want the Plant Barrier, it seems better and it won't hinder recovery as much if you get launched while it's up. I've got every other custom move for him so far. This is going to take a while. I'm pretty sure I only have about 20 custom moves or so, and that's being generous.

One last question, does anyone know of an easy way, if at all, to put Smash replays on Youtube?
Capture card maybe?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

The only other way besides capture card is a steady hand with an iPhone.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The only other way besides capture card is a steady hand with an iPhone.
Really? Well that's a bit crappy. I have a capture device. But it will only work for consoles. It's a Blitz Box B1. It's pretty good. Though it's an older model, so it'd be better for Gamecube/PS2 and older consoles. Not that it wouldn't work on the HD ones, just that I think it maxes out at 480, I could be wrong. I thought I could extract them from my SD card and upload the files.

Come to think of it, maybe when I have some time, I can upload some console game footage. Not that my footage would be anything too fancy.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would you buy an iPhone?

Edit:

Question: What is a good way to avoid getting the bends while diving?

Answer: Leave your iPhone at home

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I don't know if this is a bug or just stupid luck, but every time I fight on Gaur Plain in For Fun, everyone drops out immediately afterwards.

Is it one for the item and one for the Smash Run enemy?
No actually. It's one for the item, and one that talks about them in the Zelda series.
There's also no name difference at all, they're both just called "Cucco".
One shows just one Cucco, and the other shows four.
The models do looks slightly different though, so one of them was probably ported straight from OoT 3D.

I just wonder why Cuccos of all things get two trophies.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know if this is a bug or just stupid luck, but every time I fight on Gaur Plain in For Fun, everyone drops out immediately afterwards.

No actually. It's one for the item, and one that talks about them in the Zelda series.
There's also no name difference at all, they're both just called "Cucco".
One shows just one Cucco, and the other shows four.
The models do looks slightly different though, so one of them was probably ported straight from OoT 3D.

I just wonder why Cuccos of all things get two trophies.
Maybe they just hate Gaur plain

I know I hate it

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I find it odd that Japan is getting the game last. Retribution for getting the 3DS one three weeks ahead of us, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom