• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Has each Character's Non-VS Match unlock method been confirmed yet?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
YOU DARE CALL STARFOX VOICE ACTING BAD QUALITY?!?!?!?! (Insert CDi Ganon quote here)
Well, I do have high standards for quality.

I like hearing characters sounding like actual characters with a good portrayal that matches their personality.

Hearing the Star Fox 64 3D voices in the video @GoldenYuiitusin posted made me cringe. The actors that protrayed those characters in Brawl did a much better job at capturing the characters' personalities.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still think we may have nearly dodged a bullet if Wolf was to get his Starfox 3DS voice in Smash 4. In Starfox 3D itself I think it does kind of go with his appearance there more. Would've hated to see that voice be applied to his Smash appearance though, especially over the deep and epic one he had in Brawl.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
What's wrong with Falco's voice? I think it sounds better than the one in Brawl. Fox i agree though.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
What's wrong with Falco's voice? I think it sounds better than the one in Brawl. Fox i agree though.
Because Falco sounds like an intentionally bad voiced teenager in an abridged series.

D

Deleted member

The problem with Falco is that his voice is just plain compared to his Brawl voice.

Like if Falco was only capable of dry snark.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A character having a VA change isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as the replacement does a good job at portraying the character.

Palutena, Magnus, Phosphora and Robin (female) had their voice actors replaced, but the new ones portray those characters just as well as the original VAs did. Sure, there are some slight differences in the voices, but they sound fitting for the characters.

Same can't be said for Fox and Falco. Their replacements hardly do any justice to the previous actors' portrayal. They sound too different and too dissonant.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
A character having a VA change isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as the replacement does a good job at portraying the character.

Palutena, Magnus, Phosphora and Robin (female) had their voice actors replaced, but the new ones portray those characters just as well as the original VAs did. Sure, there are some slight differences in the voices, but they sound fitting for the characters.

Same can't be said for Fox and Falco. Their replacements hardly do any justice to the previous actors' portrayal. They sound too different and too dissonant.
Also, the way Falco speaks during his taunts, and the way he speaks when saying "Fire!" sound like different voices.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
As bad as Fox and Falco's voices are, i still think the worst by far is Meta Knight's, especially when you compare him to his japanese voice actor.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
As bad as Fox and Falco's voices are, i still think the worst by far is Meta Knight's, especially when you compare him to his japanese voice actor.
It's the same as Brawll. I think. It fits MK very well IMO.

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
Speaking of voice actoring, I can't be the only one that thinks Rosalina's sound quality is different compared to everyone else. In my opinion, it doesn't sound too great, like it has worse sound quality.

It's a little thing that a shouldn't bug me, but it does.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
As I said earlier Falco's voice only bothers me when speaks actual words. It doesn't bother me when he just makes noises like yells and grunts, etc.

I can just barely stand Fox's voice though.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Fox doesn't shout fire if you change his recovery to Flying Fox. No damage in exchange for no voice... good trade off to me.

Just never up or down taunt...

D

Deleted member

Fox doesn't shout fire if you change his recovery to Flying Fox. No damage in exchange for no voice... good trade off to me.

Just never up or down taunt...
HEER I COME

Last edited by a moderator:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
What's this?! People ripping on Fox and Falco's new voices??!!

Good. They should be. Cuz they suck. As a Fox player, my poor ears.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
What's this?! People ripping on Fox and Falco's new voices??!!

Good. They should be. Cuz they suck. As a Fox player, my poor ears.
Here was Sakurai's other voice alternatives for Fox and Falco.

Fox : "RAAAAAAWR!"

Falco : "SKREEEEEEE!"

Human or animal voices? Hmm...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Speaking of voice actoring, I can't be the only one that thinks Rosalina's sound quality is different compared to everyone else. In my opinion, it doesn't sound too great, like it has worse sound quality.

You think Rosalina is bad? Just listen to Riki! His voice sounds so pixely, I don't understand.

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
Here was Sakurai's other voice alternatives for Fox and Falco.

Fox : "RAAAAAAWR!"

Falco : "SKREEEEEEE!"

Human or animal voices? Hmm...
Why can't they just get the guys from Melee back as their voice actors :c

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Well, her voice does have an echo effect, so they may have reduced the sound quality so it didn't eat up more data than necessary.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I just checked the voice clips, and for some reason, 2 of the koopalings have 25 voice clips, but the other 5 and BJ have 26. Why are 2 of them missing a voice clip? Also, the none of the koopaling have Star KO sounds, but BJ does. I don't get it

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
Hard evidence why Bowser Jr is the best character in the game. You can't argue with the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom