• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Most Sonic games are fine for what they are.

Game gear games were actually pretty ok, Sonic Labyrinth not with standing.

He has more hits than misses overall but when he misses oh boy do those games tank hard.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
(Sees Sonic nitpicking going on)

Well, to be fair, I only really got Sonic Lost World because of the Yoshi and Zelda DLC for the game, but I ended up actually liking it after I beat a few members of the Deadly Six.

And I'm not a big fan of Secret Rings, I've seen a lets play of it, and it just looked boring. I think Black Knight was more creative.

Sonic 06 I've heard so much nitpicking about it that it's not even funny anymore, but if there was a remake of that one for Wii U that has no glitches PERIOD, that would be the only way I'd ever touch it with a ten foot pole.

My only problem I have with Shadow the Hedgehog is that I have this jack I plug into the TV so I can basically give my headphones an extension cord so nobody has to hear the sass back. The guns are ok since it's not a huge shooter game like Metroid Prime, but the sass back is the only real problem for me.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
(Sees Sonic nitpicking going on)

Well, to be fair, I only really got Sonic Lost World because of the Yoshi and Zelda DLC for the game, but I ended up actually liking it after I beat a few members of the Deadly Six.

And I'm not a big fan of Secret Rings, I've seen a lets play of it, and it just looked boring. I think Black Knight was more creative.

Sonic 06 I've heard so much nitpicking about it that it's not even funny anymore, but if there was a remake of that one for Wii U that has no glitches PERIOD, that would be the only way I'd ever touch it with a ten foot pole.

My only problem I have with Shadow the Hedgehog is that I have this jack I plug into the TV so I can basically give my headphones an extension cord so nobody has to hear the sass back. The guns are ok since it's not a huge shooter game like Metroid Prime, but the sass back is the only real problem for me.
I SEE I HEAR NO EVIL

...also Sonic 06 should remain forgotten. Fixing it would require more than just getting rid of glitches, which in the end would only take away the one thing one might enjoy about that game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Did Mario have any bad games over the years? Paper Mario Sticker Star and Hotel Mario are the first few to come in mind.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Did Mario have any bad games over the years? Paper Mario Sticker Star and Hotel Mario are the first few to come in mind.
Hotel Mario wasn't developed by Nintendo and it was that on p.o.s Phillips CD I, so we don't count it.
Mario has a few sub par games, like sports or spin offs, but he doesn't have anything that's on Sonic 06's level of bad. Not that I can think of anyway.

The main series "Super Mario" games are pretty much all very well received and are all considered great games.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Cant recall any, all mainline Mario game ware always superb. Maybe you could harp a litte on the NEW Mario bros series for its repetitivenes, but they hold up on pure quality.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Cant recall any, all mainline Mario game ware always superb. Maybe you could harp a litte on the NEW Mario bros series for its repetitivenes, but they hold up on pure quality.
True that, since the games had been milked just to give the Koopalings some decent roles.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Call me crazy but there is one Edutainment Mario game that I actually enjoy: Mario's Time Machine (NES version only, I've heard the SNES & PC versions were absolutely ****).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mario's time machine disappointed me

I was only allowed to rent ONE game, and I see "Mario's Time Machine"

Awesome. A mario game with time travelling, right?

No, It was just surfing around, not figuring out what to do...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Mario's time machine disappointed me

I was only allowed to rent ONE game, and I see "Mario's Time Machine"

Awesome. A mario game with time travelling, right?

No, It was just surfing around, not figuring out what to do...
Sounds like the SNES version. I've only played the NES version and liked it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Your mileage may vary, but you can say that many of the Mario games these days feel dumbed down to the point of being mediocre.

There are hardly any games you can flat out say is horrible from a technical standpoint.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
The fluddless levels in Sunshine were the best part of the game. And I really like fludd, but the fludless challenges were quite possibly the best platforming I have ever seen in a 3D game. Hard as balls though.

D

Deleted member

We got about a week left. I'm going to summarize my experiences during the waiting period of this game;

Last edited by a moderator:

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
I actually enjoyed Mario Sunshine...
...but that voice acting. That damn voice acting. I can't even try to defend it. There's a reason Mario games after that one don't have fully voiced cutscenes.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Sunshine is my favorite 3D Mario...

The only Mario games I think are bad would be the "New" series. Though not necessarily bad, just CoD level cash grab rehashing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I actually enjoyed Mario Sunshine...
...but that voice acting. That damn voice acting. I can't even try to defend it. There's a reason Mario games after that one don't have fully voiced cutscenes.
Dat Bowser voice. I just couldn't take him or his boss fight serious after that. And the ending with him and Junior ruined the sadness of the scene with his Saturday morning dialect. :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, um apparently Joan Rivers died too. I'm not sure if I'm late on that news or not. But I didn't expect that to happen.

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
Dat Bowser voice. I just couldn't take him or his boss fight serious after that. And the ending with him and Junior ruined the sadness of the scene with his Saturday morning dialect. :troll:
"Some day, I wanna fight that Mario again!"
"That's my boy."

Oh God. It hurts.

Funnily enough, with Bowser Jr being in Smash 4, he's actually going to get his chance to fight that Mario again.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Sunshine Deh Ya, Time for the bus rida

But really, Sunshine is among my favorite 3D games, up there with Wind Waker, Sonic Adventure 2, and Star Fox Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom