• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Gah, I REALLY need a place to get away from the huge Bayonetta argument going on over in the character discussion thread. So much bias for it, so much bias against it.

So, what's up?
It's why I rarely visit the Bayonetta thread. Or the Impa thread for that matter.

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Lucario looks way better in Smash 4. Definitely going to be more competitively viable than in Brawl. I could see him as a B Tier or maybe even low A Tier character.
*Implying Smash 4 will still have tier lists*

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
He was actually pretty fine in Brawl, or at least he has done a few things people weren't expecting.

Lucario mains beating M2K, beating Leon, etc.

Still yeah buffed Aura. O_o
*Implying beating this guy with a character automatically makes that character good*

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Every Smash is guaranteed to have tier lists.

It's like when Sega announces a new Sonic game and you know it's going to be bad bang bang shots fired come at me sonic fans
The Sonic cycle, man, it can't be stopped.

It may seem like it disappears for a game every so often, but it always comes back more powerful than you could've ever imagined.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820

It may seem like it disappears for a game every so often, but it always comes back more powerful than you could've ever imagined.
*Implying Lost World is worse than 06*

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The 3DS eShop once again has a Wario section listing his games (not on sale though)

And no listing of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS like they "accidentally" did last time. :awesome:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

"There's no way Sega will mess up the next game, right guys?" - every year since 2007
:troll:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
The Sonic cycle thing havent really been a very accurate thing to cite. As of now, only 06 and Shadow ware really terrible, with Unleashed being just ok, and everything after that being great or better (Lost World has problems and is for sure a mixed bag, but its mostly on the good side)

....that being said, I have little faith in Boom.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
"There's no way Sega will mess up the next game, right guys?" - every year since 2007
:troll:
The exceptions are Colors and Generations, in my opinion.

Except Generations 3DS. Didn't like that one.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My knowledge of crappy Sonic games is limited outside of 06, as I've only played Unleashed and a poorly made remake of the first game on my phone. I don't follow Sega much at all.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Totally agree. Not all are bad... just like 80% of them are.
Thats a pretty big exaduration honestly. Outside of very few games, Sonic overall had a pretty good run so far. Even counting from 07 the good are more plentifull than bad. I find it silly how people always slam on Sonic for the short-lived ,,edgy'' era as I like to call it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Oh no. Pretty much everything from 3D Blast! onwards is pretty garb. 95% is a better figure.

Smooth Criminal
Well, I mean, Smooth, you do dislike every single 3D Sonic game, incluing the Adventure games. For you, I'd say everything after Sonic 3 and Knuckles. :laugh:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I'll admit, I actually kinda liked Secret Rings. The controls aren't that bad, and it's kinda lengthy. Also, from what I've heard, Unleashed isn't that bad either. And to be fair, Boom Shattered Crystal, the 3DS version, looks kinda good.

RoL is 06 Reborn for sure, though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hi, still at school, on an IPad now.
Dem Shulk costumes look dope. Can't wait to see the other 4.:phone:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well, I mean, Smooth, you do dislike every single 3D Sonic game, incluing the Adventure games. For you, I'd say everything after Sonic 3 and Knuckles. :laugh:
Hey man, there were some pretty ****ty Sonic games even way back when. Sonic Labyrinth and that tiny assortment of Game Gear games were prettyyyyyyyy bad. I think 95% is a generous percentile that includes those, don't you think?

The Sonic Advance titles weren't too bad. Same with Rush. Just nowhere near as good as the four games and CD.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The only reason the Sonic series still lives surely as hell isn't because of quality games released recently.

I'd say there are two reasons why the series is still alive:
- Brand name. Most people still associate Sonic with the classic Mega Drive games back from the early 90s.
- The fanbase constantly deluding themselves the next Sonic game will be good. Hence, the infamous Sonic cycle joke. As with any fanbase, there are arguments over which game is good or bad. Think of the Melee vs. Brawl debates here, except with a crapload of games with varying degrees of quality and far more varied gameplay concepts. Not to mention the fanbase is much more insane than the Smash fanbase, if the infamous Sonic OCs are any indication.

This should be a good read: http://gamebabble.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/sonic-and-the-worst-fandom-ever/

Also, quoting TV Tropes:
Broken Base: Shattered, actually, about every single thing about the franchise. And each faction hates all of the others. This article best sums up the fandom's splintered state. To top it off, Sonic fans are notorious for disliking anything that isn't Sonic—some Sonic discussion forums are practically like a school of piranha, waiting to tear apart anything that isn't Sonic in a matter of minutes regardless of how much merit it has otherwise.
Your mileage may vary, of course.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hey man, there were some pretty ****ty Sonic games even way back when. Sonic Labyrinth and that tiny assortment of Game Gear games were prettyyyyyyyy bad. I think 95% is a generous percentile that includes those, don't you think?

The Sonic Advance titles weren't too bad. Same with Rush. Just nowhere near as good as the four games and CD.

Smooth Criminal
Well, yeah, I'm not denying those were bad.

It's just that I thought that, for the most part (the exception being Big), I thought Adventure was pretty good, too, from what I played.

And of course, I thought Colors and Generations were good, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom