• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Good ol Google says
試遊 up to now, was E3 Edition equivalent. Over-the-counter trial version of this will be equivalent to the retail version.
So incoming demo on eShop?

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Over the counter demos will be based on full version and not E3 version.

Also, new trailer for Pokemon ORAS.
Oh wow. I can't wait to play that. So many childhood memories...
Oh man, I'm getting hyped! Maybe he'll tell us what's going down in tonights PotD.
I know its close to the smash bros 3ds release date and all, but we did just get the Shulk trailer. We'll probably get smash info for a certainty, but character reveal? I'm not confident that'll be the case.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know, I kinda half-hope he'll reveal someone like Dr. Mario. Mostly due to the fact that I want to drink the tears.

D

Deleted member

You just reminded me of a feature of dolphin that allows you to load custom textures.

Gosh, now it's infinite what I can do :)
I think you can do the same with Project 64, by ''dumping'' the textures found in X game, allowing you to modify them.

Soul.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Oh wow. I can't wait to play that. So many childhood memories...

I know its close to the smash bros 3ds release date and all, but we did just get the Shulk trailer. We'll probably get smash info for a certainty, but character reveal? I'm not confident that'll be the case.
Sakurai : "Tune in Friday for the BIGGEST character reveal in Smash history!"

-Friday morning-

Sakurai : "Giant Donkey Kong from Smash Bros 64 is a playable character! (laughs)"

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is it just me, or is Hoenn a lot more square this generation?

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I think you can do the same with Project 64, by ''dumping'' the textures found in X game, allowing you to modify them.
Nah, I extracted the files and decoded them already. (btw, the dump utility gives sometimes very ugly results compared to original).

I talk about the "load custom textures" checkbox. I totally forgot it existed and with how much editing I do on TTYD assets, that might be very interesting.

Hacking the text is easy btw since it's in ascii on regular txt files. Fun fact, in total, the English text of TTYD disc is 2 mb.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I like the reflection at Sootopolis. Still hate how they're using the same generic gym exterior. Wanted them to be unique, like in gen 5.

Sootopolis Gym still has the ice puzzle, but slightly different, and with trainers on the main floor. Also tropical at the same time.

Mt. Pyre is decent.
Mossdeep is interesting. More "modernized" Has a view of Shoal Cave.

The underwater scene was cool. I REALLY hope you can dive up and down on the Z axis this time.

They butchered Meteor Falls' design, though. It's the yellow limestone design from R/S, but I prefer the way it looked in the original R/S instead of this version.

The submarine at the Aqua hideout is shaped like a Sharpedo. Seeing how both teams will presumably have their bases at Lilycove, like in R/S, Team Magma might have a different sub design.

Lastly, there's this interesting pathway that leads to a building at 2:50. Dunno what it is. New area? Don't remember anything similar in the original R/S/E.

-----

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah, I extracted the files and decoded them already. (btw, the dump utility gives sometimes very ugly results compared to original).

I talk about the "load custom textures" checkbox. I totally forgot it existed and with how much editing I do on TTYD assets, that might be very interesting.

Hacking the text is easy btw since it's in ascii on regular txt files. Fun fact, in total, the English text of TTYD disc is 2 mb.
Oh, I see. Late last year, I decided to change some textures in Rayman 2 (N64) and it was funny. If I ever get Dolphin, I might do that thing you're talking about, along with the Netplay feature.

Wait, so Sakurai said it's going to be Smash 3DS' final build? CELEBRATION!

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Sakurai : "Tune in Friday for the BIGGEST character reveal in Smash history!"

-Friday morning-

Sakurai : "Giant Donkey Kong from Smash Bros 64 is a playable character! (laughs)"
Giant DK is a playable character! The salt begins! :troll:
...With a slower speed, more range, and a lot of huge knockback moves.

Wait, it's going to be Smash 3DS' final build? CELEBRATION!

Yes, it will be the final build. I suppose the time has come.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's not enough!
Yeah, I always found them to be truly the evil ones. If anything, Team Magma are heroes compared to them.
All they would need left would be to know how to play the trumpet. And then they'd be the most evil team ever.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well the couple in Unova did. One used to be Team Magma and the other Team Aqua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom