• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
omg is that ridley

ridley confirmed for Toy Story DLC

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's just the evolution of the industry. Animators and companies have moved onto 3D animation because it is cheaper, faster, and makes the development process less taxing and risky compared to 2D animation, where everything has to be drawn perfectly frame by frame, over and over.

Of course, I love 2D animation, and still support it. Even though I'm learning 3D character art. :p (but still learning 2D concept art)
So, I wonder what do you think of Paper Mario?

(no seriously, I think it;s expected to quote that :) )

Because, the characters are so 2D that when you use free look to look behind them...weird things happens. For example, in the first Peach intermission, she isn't naked and I remember I was watching as mods in the Almo stream and people laugh when I said that.

They were watching Flavio looking at the shower...it made interesting assumptions so, I had to tell the truth :lol:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So, I wonder what do you think of Paper Mario?

(no seriously, I think it;s expected to quote that :) )

Because, the characters are so 2D that when you use free look to look behind them...weird things happens. For example, in the first Peach intermission, she isn't naked and I remember I was watching as mods in the Almo stream and people laugh when I said that.

They were watching Flavio looking at the shower...it made interesting assumptions so, I had to tell the truth :lol:

Creepy Old Man: "YoU'rE nOt SuPpOsEd tO seeeee thEm froM a DiffEreNt AnGllllllllle. It'LL FoRcE yOUr BraaIIn bacK to RealItyyyyyyyyy."

Anyway:

Paper Mario is Paper Mario as is Nintendo is Nintendo. Witty, creative and inventive with its papercraft style.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That may be true. I take things far too literally. However, I really don't find Ridley jokes funny.

*pic of the day with anything relating to size*

OH MY GOD RIDLEY TEASE
HA HA RIDLEY
RIDLEY CONFIRMED

-__-

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Okay. Doesn't mean that they're not already working on DLC characters in the future line up. You know, how DLC should be done. Just a thought.

I mean look at the Mario Kart 8 DLC; we don't get the second pack til a year after Mario Kart 8 first released.
Pichu confirmed.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
You can have a sense of humor and not find some jokes funny. I hate most internet memes but I still find a lot of things funny!

Edit: Oh I misread that entirely. Disregard

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Admitting you have no sense of humour and then saying you don't find something funny is a bit redundant, don't you think?
My very existence is redundant. Did you expect me of all people to make sense? Ha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That may be true. I take things far too literally. However, I really don't find Ridley jokes funny.

*pic of the day with anything relating to size*

OH MY GOD RIDLEY TEASE
HA HA RIDLEY
RIDLEY CONFIRMED

-__-
Depends on the joke. Not all jokes about the same thing are presented the same way.
For example, that animation of Chrom reclassing to a Wyvern Lord and then riding away on Ridley's back gets me every time.

D

Deleted member

Depends on the joke. Not all jokes about the same thing are presented the same way.
For example, that animation of Chrom reclassing to a Wyvern Lord and then riding away on Ridley's back gets me every time.
That one is good. Mainly because I didn't expect Ridley to show up. I guess Ridley jokes are the very definition of Sturgeon's Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom