• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ike would fit in best with the Soul Calibur style. Indiana Jones is but a distant dream due to his irrelevance to games... Ike, Shulk, or maybe even Pit would have to be my second pick.
**** it. They should just make Nintendo x Soul Calibur.

Have all the normal Soul Calibur characters and then also Link, Marth, Lucina, Ike, Ganondorf, Shulk, Pit, and Palutena.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can't help but wonder if some of the older SC characters will just make a comeback in the next installment, in a similar vein to Tekken, SF and MK.

Not many of the replacement fighters in SC5 were well received if I'm not mistaken. I didn't hate all of them, but I can't think of a single one I liked more than their original counterpart.

Taki more or less came back in that free-to-play game. Not much, but I think they are aware how much people like her.

Of course, many people, myself included would like to see Zasalamel and/or Talim come back too. Or at least the fighting style each used. I'd also like to see someone with Scimitar as their weapon. I'd imagine they'd be from the middle east or Egypt.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I sort of feel the same. People being like "WHY DOES EVERY CHARACTER NOT HAVE AN ALTERNATE COSTUME," and then Project M shows off a costume and people like "MY GOD, IT'S SO PRETTY! SAKURAI, TAKE NOTES!" Those people get on my nerves.
Personally, I find some of the people on the Smash 4 boards more annoying, mostly speaking about those who sit in front of their screen waiting for the PotD expecting gold only to scream and whine that Sakurai didn't give them exactly what they wanted expecting that Sakurai owes them something. It's a very entitled and spoiled attitude.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So anyone else looking forward to Mortal Kombat X? The variant system seems really cool. And I gotta stick with my dude Sub-Zero. He's too clean. I think I'm gonna go with the variant that lets you make Ice Clones and use the Clone Toss. I know all of Sub Zero's variants let you use the Slide Kick and Ice Ball.

Not sure what I'd use for Scorpion or Cassie Cage. Kotal Khan looks awesome, reminds me of Ogre from Tekken. Bug Lady seems alright too.
And I'm just sitting here waiting on Soul Calibur VI with an awesome guest character.... my initial thought was Indiana Jones since IV had Darth Vader, but that's too far out. Who do you guys think could be a good Soul Calibur guest?
I'm certainly looking forward to both X and the possibility of Soul Calibur 6... but mostly focused on the awesomeness that will be Tekken 7. I'm already throwing my money at it.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Have all the normal Soul Calibur characters and then also Link, Marth, Lucina, Ike, Ganondorf, Shulk, Pit, and Palutena.
Also Mario :4mario:, Dr. Mario :4drmario:, Baby Mario, Tanooki Mario, Metal Mario, Little Mario, Flying Mario, Bee Mario, Hammer Bro Mario, Boomerang Bro Mario, Cat Mario, Paper Mario, Sunshine Mario, 8-bit Mario, oh, and let's not forget Green Mario :4luigi: :troll:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Peach could replace Setsuka. Not like Namco was using her. And it just isn't a Nintendo crossover without Mario and Samus.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Peach could replace Setsuka. Not like Namco was using her. And it just isn't a Nintendo crossover without Mario and Samus.
Unless Mario and Luigi showed up and used those ridiculously big hammers maybe. Also Samus would probably have to be Zero Suit and use the Paralyzer whip.

Soul.

Lol that trophy was removed and the Weehee U versian is also E10+. Guess we'll never see it again.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Unless Mario and Luigi showed up and used those ridiculously big hammers maybe. Also Samus would probably have to be Zero Suit and use the Paralyzer whip.
Well, yeah. I mean, if we're making a weapon based fighting game all of the characters should use whatever weapons they got on hand.

Also Lizardman's costumes are all based on different Nintendo lizards. How could you not want Charizard with dual axes?

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Peach in a Soul Calibur cross over is quite possibly the best idea I've ever seen on Smashboards. and ALL my yes for Nintendo x Soul Calibur as long as Yoshimitsu is in. Maybe Pokken x Soul Calibur is a bit more feasible considering Bandai Namco is the creator of both series.... God please just GIVE US POKKEN X SOUL

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well, yeah. I mean, if we're making a weapon based fighting game all of the characters should use whatever weapons they got on hand.

Also Lizardman's costumes are all based on different Nintendo lizards. How could you not want Charizard with dual axes?
Tharja totally would have to be in it because it's not Soul Calibur without sexualized women.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
It is Hyrule Warriors eve and we have one more week until Smash Bros. releases :colorful:

This is how I'm feeling about the games getting closer to release:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
If there would be any Pokémon (besides obviously Pikachu), I think Gallade, Lucario and Bisharp would be cool to see.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Peach in a Soul Calibur cross over is quite possibly the best idea I've ever seen on Smashboards. and ALL my yes for Nintendo x Soul Calibur as long as Yoshimitsu is in. Maybe Pokken x Soul Calibur is a bit more feasible considering Bandai Namco is the creator of both series.... God please just GIVE US POKKEN X SOUL
If my dude Yoshimitsu wasn't in the game, I don't know if it'd be worth it. He's clearly Namco's best character. So I'd agree with you. Damn, I just think crossovers are cool. Even better if it's a fighting game.

R0Y

Smash Master
Lol that trophy was removed and the Weehee U versian is also E10+. Guess we'll never see it again.
That's was my guess too for why it was removed (from all regions since Japan got it cut too btw.) Also why I don't think we'll see it on the Wii U version. Surprised our guess gained traction :p

POUR SOME THARJA ON ME!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
To be disappointed with Yamcha would mean you'd have to expect something. I don't expect much with him.
Yamcha at least has a job, instead of wandering around (Ten Shinhan) or free-loading (Krillin). Ten is my favorite character, mostly because of the Z Fighters minus Goku, he's the strongest.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Tell me guys, would you rather play Smash Bros. or the Wii U exclusive Game of Forever Meme Run?

I always get excited when I hear someone play the Wombo Combo
Then I get dissapointed when it's just a montage parody
Then I feel a little annoyed that people have no idea where it originiated from and a little depressed when they have no idea what Smash Bros. is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom