• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Okay... Were you offended when I said that? I didn't mean to. :(
No, but I felt like rambling and explain why I take certain stances regarding the new game and all the speculation around.

It's just the sort of behavior I got to see in those support threads than I simply cannot condone. I just can't understand such mentality.

Of course, it has a lot to do with my life experience, as with anything. It's not just Smash related with Brawl speculation and all that, but also of other struggles in my life and of forming my own views and opinions.

I'm just saying that worrying about characters in a video game is really the least of my concerns, and watching people acting the way they act just because a character is or isn't in the game just irks me for a number of personal reasons.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
No, but I felt like rambling and explain why I take certain stances regarding the new game and all the speculation around.

It's just the sort of behavior I got to see in those support threads than I simply cannot condone. I just can't understand such mentality.

Of course, it has a lot to do with my life experience, as with anything. It's not just Smash related with Brawl speculation and all that, but also of other struggles in my life and of forming my own views and opinions.

I'm just saying that worrying about characters in a video game is really the least of my concerns, and watching people acting the way they act just because a character is or isn't in the game just irks me for a number of personal reasons.
There's nothing wrong with your viewpoint, and I can agree with you. My only way of explaining this is down to the people themselves and their lifestyles, as well as their age and maturity. Some just have more time to spend arguing on the miniscule things in life. It's simple.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I found out that nintendo is having a national tournament...And of course people are complaining about it.

Why are people assuming they are trying to compete with that Big House thing? I mean, if it's the day after the game is launch, I would assume it's to promote their own game.

I also don't think this tournament is suppose to appeal to competitive players...even if the stage selection is surprisingly tame. They aren't trying to steal viewers from the big house thing. If anything, they probably want to attract new users.

I just don't get why people are upset about this. Just enjoy your melee folks.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
So I found out that nintendo is having a national tournament...And of course people are complaining about it.

Why are people assuming they are trying to compete with that Big House thing? I mean, if it's the day after the game is launch, I would assume it's to promote their own game.

I also don't think this tournament is suppose to appeal to competitive players...even if the stage selection is surprisingly tame. They aren't trying to steal viewers from the big house thing. If anything, they probably want to attract new users.

I just don't get why people are upset about this. Just enjoy your melee folks.
Because people love to sh*t to absolutely every move Nintendo makes, no matter if it's of small significance.
Hey look, your opinions!
Hey look, the percentage of ****s I give!
So, who are you again?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There's nothing wrong with your viewpoint, and I can agree with you. My only way of explaining this is down to the people themselves and their lifestyles, as well as their age and maturity. Some just have more time to spend arguing on the miniscule things in life. It's simple.
Well, I admit I don't know what makes people get so emotional about video games, so I guess I may be ignorant on what goes on the others' minds.

Still is a sort of behavior I find difficult to understand. And I consider myself understanding to other viewpoints and I actually like thinking from different perspectives so I can try my best to understand other people.

Anyway, what I feel is that people delude themselves with arguments that, in their minds, certain things need to happen to the game. They get too immersed in fan-made criteria about characters (or dare I say, fantasies), that it bites them in the back. Hard.

And there kicks the crushing disappointment. In the end, all that decides the roster is the game designer, Sakurai, and the development team.

This is why I stopped caring about speculation. I like discussing possibilities and such, but I'm definitely not going to expect things to happen just because I think they will or they should happen.

Now, does that mean we shouldn't question anything? Well, everything in life, every decision anyone takes is questionable, so you can easily guess my stance on this.

And I guess I'm getting too carried away in all of this. I'll be off shortly.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I meant for other characters like Ridley, Takamaru and Chrom.
Well, Ridley I never wanted him, Takamaru was on my wanted list but on at low top and didn't care much when he became an AT and Chrom, I was expecting him but didn't really care much.

:4bowserjr::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4greninja::4littlemac::4lucina::4megaman::4mii::4palutena::4pacman::4robinm::rosalina::4shulk::4villager::4wiifit: Yeah, I'm still fine.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I admit I don't know what makes people get so emotional about video games, so I guess I may be ignorant on what goes on the others' minds.

Still is a sort of behavior I find difficult to understand. And I consider myself understanding to other viewpoints and I actually like thinking from different perspectives so I can try my best to understand other people.

Anyway, what I feel is that people delude themselves with arguments that, in their minds, certain things need to happen to the game. They get too immersed in fan-made criteria about characters (or dare I say, fantasies), that it bites them in the back. Hard.

And there kicks the crushing disappointment. In the end, all that decides the roster is the game designer, Sakurai, and the development team.

This is why I stopped caring about speculation. I like discussing possibilities and such, but I'm definitely not going to expect things to happen just because I think they will or they should happen.

Now, does that mean we shouldn't question anything? Well, everything in life, every decision anyone takes is questionable, so you can easily guess my stance on this.

And I guess I'm getting too carried away in all of this. I'll be off shortly.
What you described is an example of a first world problem. :laugh:

I do share your viewpoint, being practical minded. I don't really understand what they hope to accomplish by the whining and all that.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's so ironic how everyone officially revealed except the lone clone character are all starters
No Love for the Clones.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I meant for other characters like Ridley, Takamaru and Chrom.
Sure I guess. I would still want Ridley in a Smash game. It's not that big of a deal if one character isn't the game though. And c'mon, he's no Mega Man. No one's topping Mega Man for me.

Look at him. :4megaman: He's glorious.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It's so ironic how everyone officially revealed except the lone clone character are all starters
No Love for the Clones.
While they are clones, all of them deserved to be in Smash. :4lucina: is the most popular character of the by far best selling Fire Emblem-game of all time,:4darkpit: is/was really popular in Japan, in 2012 even more than Palutena, as shown in the spoilers:
and :4drmario: is a Melee favorite.

EDIT: And I just read your post again, making an entirely different point than I thought you made. Damn...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
To be a little more positive for a change and before I'm off for the night, it's only exactly one week till Smash 3DS is out. Get hyped.

The angel twins might be replaced with a certain astronomical object at anytime...

D

Deleted member

Sure I guess. I would still want Ridley in a Smash game. It's not that big of a deal if one character isn't the game though. And c'mon, he's no Mega Man. No one's topping Mega Man for me.

Look at him. :4megaman: He's glorious.
Well, uh, are there people that dislike the games just because their favorite character didn't get in?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Well, uh, are there people that dislike the games just because their favorite character didn't get in?
Yes. I can point you to some, but I'm too scared to tag them.
Anyway, I'm off. Not that anyone cares.

Goodnight @ TJ-Works TJ-Works
Goodnight @StarBot
Goodnight @YoshiSonic
Goodnight @Sil
Goodnight @ FalKoopa FalKoopa
Goodnight @ Digital Hazard Digital Hazard
Goodnight @Triangles
Goodnight @Flight
Goodnight @ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon
Goodnight @PSIguy89
Goodnight @ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
Goodnight @ Bedoop Bedoop
Goodnight @Muster
and
Goodnight @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Besides the Ridley/Mewtwo/Roy/Snake/Goku/Isaac/Waluigi/Naruto/Ghirahim/Wolf/Lucas/Chrom/Chorus Kids fanboys and the clone haters that hipocritically are between the people that want Roy back?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
When I was my high school today a Girl tried to get me to do "stuff"
I just kept walking
Then she got srs flirty about it
And me, being the smash bros. fanatic I am, pulled a :4littlemac: and uppercut'd her in da face then booked it
Didn't get in trouble because I explained why I pawnched her
She got suspendeded. :shades:
And that concludes this edition of "Personal Story Time, featuring Bedoop-Man."

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Yes. I can point you to some, but I'm too scared to tag them.
Anyway, I'm off. Not that anyone cares.

Goodnight @ TJ-Works TJ-Works
Goodnight @StarBot
Goodnight @YoshiSonic
Goodnight @Sil
Goodnight @ FalKoopa FalKoopa
Goodnight @ Digital Hazard Digital Hazard
Goodnight @Triangles
Goodnight @Flight
Goodnight @ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon
Goodnight @PSIguy89
Goodnight @ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
Goodnight @ Bedoop Bedoop
Goodnight @Muster
and
Goodnight @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL
G'nite. For some reason, you sound like a storybook narrator.

"...and goodnight to aaaall the ickle lurkers of Smashville."

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah some people. But I can't say I care too much about that. I think others will turn around at some point. If they don't want the game, they don't want it, whether or not their reasoning is sound is a different argument. Simple as that.

Point is, we can all do whatever the hell we want to.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'll be off as well.

The fact it's just exactly one week until the release feels a bit surreal.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
When I was my high school today a Girl tried to get me to do "stuff"
I just kept walking
Then she got srs flirty about it
And me, being the smash bros. fanatic I am, pulled a :4littlemac: and uppercut'd her in da face then booked it
Didn't get in trouble because I explained why I pawnched her
She got suspendeded. :shades:
And that concludes this edition of "Personal Story Time, featuring Bedoop-Man."
R.I.P. Canadians being nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom