• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hey, Ridley is cool. Him being in smash is a cool idea.

and uhh....

Mewtwo... or something...

...am I popular yet?

Radayam

Smash Apprentice
So a few days ago I was joking about how I needed my Tharja fix after learning that her trophy was removed from the game, and so the next day I resorted to the internet, and apparently people really like to make Tharja fat...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
MOOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
What do you think of my Evil Miltank Laugh impression? Pretty good, huh?

Not necessarily. I've just become sick of the *******'s face, y'know? I do find the more rabid ones annoying, but you're pretty cool. I can't slap the "dumb and annoying" label over all Ridley fans, that's not fair.
You don't like him because of his face?

...well that's new.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Pretty much reminds of when he posted the 'Murica Mario and Light Suit-scheme Samus PotD. Everyone was like "PM did it first!" "Should be the actual suit like PM!" "Sakurai should learn from PM!"
Pardon my french, but those guys really need to sit the hell down and think about the fact that Project M is a freaking FAN GAME.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pretty much reminds of when he posted the 'Murica Mario and Light Suit-scheme Samus PotD. Everyone was like "PM did it first!" "Should be the actual suit like PM!" "Sakurai should learn from PM!"
I doubt Sakurai would ever take cues from a fan-made mod whose legality could be deemed as questionable.

So, Ridley gets no sympathy from you? :troll:
I care more about :4robinm::4robinf::4lucina::4greninja::4darkpit: than I do about Ridley.

#SorryAboutIt #ControversialOpinion #DontGiveA****

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I doubt Sakurai would ever take cues from a fan-made mod whose legality could be deemed as questionable.

I care more about :4robinm::4robinf::4lucina::4greninja::4darkpit: than I do about Ridley.

So how about this Ridley?

I heard he's pretty cool.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Not necessarily. I've just become sick of the *******'s face, y'know? I do find the more rabid ones annoying, but you're pretty cool. I can't slap the "dumb and annoying" label over all Ridley fans, that's not fair.
Want to know how many ****s I give about Ridley?

Zero.
Oshiet, Ridley Debate
ABANDON
THREAD

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Project M is technically legal, though Nintendo doesn't like it, that much is true.

And you're sounding like a rebel. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I mean, an oversized purple alien dragon would be cool to play as, but people just make it too big of a deal. (Yes, that's a pun. Completely intentional too.)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Pardon my french, but those guys really need to sit the hell down and think about the fact that Project M is a freaking FAN GAME.
And not a game scratched from zero, but a hack to add insult. I even looked that someone on TV Tropes said that Mewtwo and Roy's presence in PM means they're not really gone from Brawl.
Nintendo themselves seem to be annoyed by it too, in fact, mention of Project M in Miiverese or even abreviating it to PM is prohibited and reported as criminal activity.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I couldn't care less whether Ridley is playable or not. I agree with @ Frostwraith Frostwraith some people make it too big of a deal. Like a certain banned member whose username I won't mention.

D

Deleted member

I sort of feel the same. People being like "WHY DOES EVERY CHARACTER NOT HAVE AN ALTERNATE COSTUME," and then Project M shows off a costume and people like "MY GOD, IT'S SO PRETTY! SAKURAI, TAKE NOTES!" Those people get on my nerves.
Ehh, I agree with you. In the other hand, my interest in the Metroid franchise itself is declining. I don't know why, but yeah.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I mean, an oversized purple alien dragon would be cool to play as, but people just make it too big of a deal. (Yes, that's a pun. Completely intentional too.)
I disagree, Ridley is such an important villain to both Nintendo and the Metroid series that it's pretty much a tease now that he hasn't been made one yet. It's probably just the supporter's reactions and outrage that put you off about him.

Wasn't he in the Melee reveal intro as well? I haven't played Melee myself back then, so I wasn't bothered. But looking back now, it feels like a real p***take how he was in the trailer, fighting Samus one on one that generated hype, only for him to not be playable at all.

Last edited:

Soul.

Lol, I really don't care if Ridley is playable, a hazard or whatever. I'd call him "Annoying Purple Dragon" due to the huge fan demand, but eh, that's not going to happen.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I can tell you that I didn't care about any character for smash bros before coming to smashboards.

It was kinda a curse, really. I wouldn't have been disappointed.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I have a BIG love/hate relationship with PM.

I love the mod itself and almost everything about it.

I hate how I like it more than all of the official Smash games so far.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Like others have said, while I think Ridley would be fun to play as, everyone makes way too big a deal out of him. At this point I really don't care much about him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Project M is technically legal, though Nintendo doesn't like it, that much is true.

And you're sounding like a rebel. :p
Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and Pokémon are series more meaningful to me than Metroid.

I do like the idea of playing as a space dragon pirate, but I'm not really going to make myself stressed about a video game.

I have bigger priorities in my life than caring about which characters get in Smash. That said, it doesn't mean I don't dislike cuts or that I don't get happy when my most wanted characters are in the game, of course.

It's just that I feel some people get too emotionally invested in entertainment. It's a sort of behavior I find hard to understand and honestly just irk me. It's the same thing with sports, for example.

If I'm going to get that emotional about a video game, I feel I'm going against their intended purpose. Nothing feels better than arriving home at the end of the day and smacking some foes in Smash or get immersed in a story driven RPG.

If I'm going to get all stressed and emotionally worn out just because some characters don't make it in Smash, what's the point of waiting and caring about the game in the first place?

Okay, this is just me rambling about, but as someone who not too long ago was depressed and moody about life and is getting to see things in a more positive light, I know what actual life problems are. Fictional characters on a video game are surely not one of them.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
You know something? I'm sure if Ridley would get as playable, people will find a way to complain anyways, they always do:
Villager: "Animal Crossing is boring!"
Mega Man: "Why no X?!"
Wii Fit Trainer: Do I really need to explain?
Rosalina: "Too much Mario characters!"
Little Mac: *insert japanese guy ranting here*
Greninja "Why no Mewtwo?!"
Miis: "How stupid looking"
Palutena: "Sakurai is bias!"
Pac-Man: "He's only beacuse Namco is involved!"
Lucina: No need to explain here either.
Robin: "Too much FE characters!"
Shulk: "Too predictable!/Too new!Too not known!"
Bowser Jr.: "ANOTHER Mario character?!"
Dark Pit: No explanation needed.
Duck Hunt: "WORST AND MOST STUPID CHARACTER EVER!!!1!"

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I don't think people on SmashBoards are sane, @ TJ-Works TJ-Works .
Does that mean I'm hallucinating and the people who I'm talking to are actually posting bat-sh** crazy comments and rants about waifus, furries and Ridley Scott?

I must be the craziest one of all.

Did you post regularly in the Ridley thread?
If yes, you are insane. If no, then not.

:p
Honestly, I don't think I posted there once.

So bring me back on the page. Am I crazy or not,:4drmario:?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and Pokémon are series more meaningful to me than Metroid.

I do like the idea of playing as a space dragon pirate, but I'm not really going to make myself stressed about a video game.

I have bigger priorities in my life than caring about which characters get in Smash. That said, it doesn't mean I don't dislike cuts or that I don't get happy when my most wanted characters are in the game, of course.

It's just that I feel some people get too emotionally invested in entertainment. It's a sort of behavior I find hard to understand and honestly just irk me. It's the same thing with sports, for example.

If I'm going to get that emotional about a video game, I feel I'm going against their intended purpose. Nothing feels better than arriving home at the end of the day and smacking some foes in Smash or get immersed in a story driven RPG.

If I'm going to get all stressed and emotionally worn out just because some characters don't make it in Smash, what's the point of waiting and caring about the game in the first place?

Okay, this is just me rambling about, but as someone who not too long ago was depressed and moody about life and is getting to see things in a more positive light, I know what actual life problems are. Fictional characters on a video game are surely not one of them.
Okay... Were you offended when I said that? I didn't mean to. :(

Honestly, I don't think I posted there once.

So bring me back on the page. Am I crazy or not,:4drmario:?
Congratulations, you are perfectly sane. :4drmario:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom