• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

tttt

Smash Cadet
I'll be off as well.

The fact it's just exactly one week until the release feels a bit surreal.
It still feels a bit surreal that the demo is out. I've been waiting for so long, and it's finally here.
I'm still super hyped.

Soul.

Besides the Ridley/Mewtwo/Roy/Snake/Goku/Isaac/Waluigi/Naruto/Ghirahim/Wolf/Lucas/Chrom/Chorus Kids fanboys and the clone haters that hipocritically are between the people that want Roy back?
Those two anime characters are butthurt lol. Goku with the Super Saiyan gimmick and Naruto with the red aura or whatever that is around him. I forgot the Naruto vStream user too, lmao.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Amg
Josh Jepson's doing a TY 1 Versus
Do you know how much I loved TY 1 as a child
owo

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Man, I used to play the **** out of Melee as a kid.

I unlocked Ganondorf, Pichu and Mewtwo, with the Vs. matches way, NO MULTIPLE PLAYER TRICK.

I AM A MAN

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm just waiting for the 3DS version. Just one more week. And it'll be ours. How can you not look forward to that?

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I'm just waiting for the 3DS version. Just one more week. And it'll be ours. How can you not look forward to that?
If you look foward to the Wii U version instead.

Problem is, we have a huge festival in town that we have only once a year when the game is released.

Tell me people, blow my money on crap at a festival, or blow my money on Smash?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't worry guys, when the Wii U version comes out, everyone will forget that Mewtwo and Ridely not being in Smash4.

Like Brawl...
No, it will be different because people will beg and plead for DLC.

Because people are really that stupid asking for the cancer killing the industry.

D

Deleted member

Because people are really that stupid asking for the cancer killing the industry.
Except whenever Nintendo has done DLC is has been pretty meaty and fairly priced, the most recent example being the MK8 DLC.
Honestly Nintendo would be missing out on a big opportunity if they didn't do DLC for Smash anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I wouldn't dare to call DLC bad, in fact, I think it can be used to make the game experience even better.

Thing is, most companies, especially one I don't dare to mention *cough*Capcom*cough* haven't used it apropiately.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I wouldn't dare to call DLC bad, in fact, I think it can be used to make the game experience even better.

Thing is, most companies, especially one I don't dare to mention *cough*Capcom*cough* haven't used it apropiately.
It's just awful practice on the relationship between the creator and the consumer. I especially hate Day One DLC, because it's bleeding obvious they're taking out content just so they can dangle it over customer's noses and weed more money out. :L

I'd rather them keep all content in one package and raise the price tag a little. At least this way shows honesty.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Depends on how it's handled. It can really make the game experience better and it can satisfy those that really want more of a game, but it needs to be done well or else it falls flat. A good example of DLC done well might be any DLC for Fallout 3 and New Vegas, all of which usually added completely new missions, weapons, and equipment (Point Lookout for Fallout 3 being the standout) or the aformentioned Mario Kart 8 DLC (about 1/3 of the base games content for 12 bucks if you buy the bundle). Then there's the MvC3 DLC which adds a few costumes for characters for 5 bucks, any day one DLC, or locked on-disc content.
And who wants to buy that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If you look foward to the Wii U version instead.

Problem is, we have a huge festival in town that we have only once a year when the game is released.

Tell me people, blow my money on crap at a festival, or blow my money on Smash?
Since you don't seem to care all that much about the festival, just get Smash. Or buy another game.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
There's a One Direction concert in my city the same day Smash comes out... and the GameStop I preodered it at is on the most direct route to the stadium they're performing at. Getting there through all that traffic is going to be an absolute quest, without a doubt a ****ing crusade for the ages.... I cannot seem to catch a break XD

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So anyone else looking forward to Mortal Kombat X? The variant system seems really cool. And I gotta stick with my dude Sub-Zero. He's too clean. I think I'm gonna go with the variant that lets you make Ice Clones and use the Clone Toss. I know all of Sub Zero's variants let you use the Slide Kick and Ice Ball.

Not sure what I'd use for Scorpion or Cassie Cage. Kotal Khan looks awesome, reminds me of Ogre from Tekken. Bug Lady seems alright too.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
So anyone else looking forward to Mortal Kombat X? The variant system seems really cool. And I gotta stick with my dude Sub-Zero. He's too clean. I think I'm gonna go with the variant that lets you make Ice Clones and use the Clone Toss. I know all of Sub Zero's variants let you use the Slide Kick and Ice Ball.

Not sure what I'd use for Scorpion or Cassie Cage. Kotal Khan looks awesome, reminds me of Ogre from Tekken. Bug Lady seems alright too.
And I'm just sitting here waiting on Soul Calibur VI with an awesome guest character.... my initial thought was Indiana Jones since IV had Darth Vader, but that's too far out. Who do you guys think could be a good Soul Calibur guest?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There's a One Direction concert in my city the same day Smash comes out... and the GameStop I preodered it at is on the most direct route to the stadium they're performing at. Getting there through all that traffic is going to be an absolute quest, without a doubt a ****ing crusade for the ages.... I cannot seem to catch a break XD
One Direction is still a thing?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And I'm just sitting here waiting on Soul Calibur VI with an awesome guest character.... my initial thought was Indiana Jones since IV had Darth Vader, but that's too far out. Who do you guys think could be a good Soul Calibur guest?
I'd be really happy to hear about a Soul Calibur 6. Not sure what kind of guest character I'd want. I did like the trio in Soul Calibur 2. Since I'm a fan of Tekken and Spawn. Link was cool too, but I'm more of a Mario/Metroid guy.

I'd want to see either Classic Dante or Ike.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Ike would fit in best with the Soul Calibur style. Indiana Jones is but a distant dream due to his irrelevance to games... Ike, Shulk, or maybe even Pit would have to be my second pick.

D

Deleted member

Ike would fit in best with the Soul Calibur style. Indiana Jones is but a distant dream due to his irrelevance to games... Ike, Shulk, or maybe even Pit would have to be my second pick.
Let's just bring back Link and leave it at that.
Also Darth Vader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom