• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I agree since it's seems very fishy. While Pandora's Tower wasn't that bad, it definitely had more flaws unlike the Last Story. Though it is one of the few games to make me lose my lunch over a bad ending. *shudders*

Also, why the hell does everyone worship Poke Floats?
While Xenoblade was met with relatively high praise, both Pandora's Tower and Last Story got quite a bit more of a mix reception which is why I'm kind of surprised either of them would even come up in a discussion. There was alot of love or hate type of situation when it came of both of those games.

I never did play Pandora's Tower, I did play through The Last Story and though I don't consider Last Story some great masterpiece I think it told an interesting story even if I thought it was a bit on the short side.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Posted this in the Funny Captions thread. Thought I'd share here.
Birthday well spent making this masterpiece

If you don't get the quote click the picture. :b:

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Guys, can we find a better way to be funny than constantly tagging XSoul just for cheap lulz?
Are you holding onto any hope for Sonic Boom?

I was a sega kid growing up - and I was pretty onboard up until Sonic Adventure 2 - but man did it go downhill after that. I liked Colors and Generation okay, but it felt more like me telling myself I liked them than genuine enjoyment
Yeah, I've preordered Rise of Lyric already, if SEGA's giving it more priority as of late, then there is no reason for me to believe it's gonna be bad, especially since it's (once again) Nintendo Exclusive.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Jokes aside, when ARE they adding those mods the site talked about a while back? I don't think I've seen any new ones yet.
You're better off forgetting that it ever happened. We weren't and still aren't hiring at the moment.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My status is hidden so I don't think my name appears in the bottom bar

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't get Korra

If the other team is CLEARLY cheating

Wouldn't there be some kind of thing even IF the refs aren't calling the fouls?

I don't think you can CLEARLY cheat IRL and get away with it JUST with by paying off the refs

Dang

...Maybe mod powers...?

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't get Korra

If the other team is CLEARLY cheating

Wouldn't there be some kind of thing even IF the refs aren't calling the fouls?

I don't think you can CLEARLY cheat IRL and get away with it JUST with by paying off the refs

Dang

...Maybe mod powers...?
Probably. I don't see you down there.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the correct person to answer your question. am OK with that.

Last edited:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Guys, can we find a better way to be funny than constantly tagging XSoul just for cheap lulz?

Yeah, I've preordered Rise of Lyric already, if SEGA's giving it more priority as of late, then there is no reason for me to believe it's gonna be bad, especially since it's (once again) Nintendo Exclusive.
I'm mostly appalled by the design choices, but I figure a new developer's earned a right to have a shot since the Sonic Team has really been subpar lately

Hong

The Strongest
@ Hong Hong Where is the gameplay video thread?
I took it down.

Originally, it existed just as a place where people could post their e3'Best Buy demo recordings and stuff, but I eventually evolved it to cover Smash at e3 as a whole, character trailers, etc. Now that the game is in the hands of people all around the world (before it has even officially released in other territories), the thread has kind of outlived its purposes. It could exist as a video thread for all eternity where videos of all sort can be posted, but post release it's just going to become redundant. I rather people post videos on the character forums. A lot of it shows up in our Media section, as well.

The plan was to keep it around until October, for the official international release of the 3DS version, but there are literally like dozens of videos of the Japanese version going up every day, if you count Twitch vods and Nico Nico recordings, so it's just not feasible to track all of this stuff now that I am back in an intensive college program.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I just found out that USA calls cheese slices "American cheese".

Why don't they just call it "Sliced" or "Processed" like everyone else?
Because it refers to a specific type of cheese, like "Swiss".

"Sliced" or "Processed" can refer to any kind of cheese that happens to be sliced or processed.

EDIT: Wow, I am extremely late.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because it refers to a specific type of cheese, like "Swiss".

"Sliced" or "Processed" can refer to any kind of cheese that happens to be sliced or processes.
Double standards

The Swiss can have a cheese named after them but not America?

Edit: And not ALL sliced cheese is American cheese

It comes in multiple cheese types

American is just the most popular

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You missed the point completely. Marth and Lucina have the same specials, customs, and final smash.

What's the issue with Lucas sharing moves with Ness, when he already did so previously?

Besides, all of Lucas' other attacks were unique, so he was barely a clone to begin with.
It appears you have missed the point.

First off, Lucina was Marth's alt turned last-minute clone. That's why she shares damn near everything with Marth (though with altered properties).

Lucas had similar specials to Ness, but were deviated considerably. They do not share moves. Aside from that, no two characters have the exact same attacks (unless you count the likes of Alph and the Koopalings); not even the closest pair of Marth and Lucina (if they did, Lucina wouldn't be her own character).
Ness has those exact deviations as custom options. We don't have any custom options that turn an existing character's move into a carbon copy of one of their counterparts' (i.e. none of Mario's options are Dr. Mario's moves and vise-versa). We have merely 3 cases where a move becomes similar in property, with Fox getting a custom that makes his Blaster slower with actual hitstun (though it's the way his Blaster worked pre-Melee), Falco getting a custom that makes his Blaster rapid fire with no hitstun and Luigi getting a custom that makes his Fireballs affected by gravity.
In Ness' case, he literally has Lucas' moves. Even if (for whatever reason) you decide to count those three examples in favor of Lucas coming in with the same moves as before, that's only one move out of the entire options in each case. Ness takes all four specials. So what, am I to honestly expect that Lucas would just take all of Ness' specials as custom options?

So do you still think lucas is a predetermined cut?
Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Mobile Smashboards+Double Digit Notifications= A very bad time.
A mobile Smashboards app would be cool. But one can only dream.
It appears you have missed the point.

First off, Lucina was Marth's alt turned last-minute clone. That's why she shares damn near everything with Marth (though with altered properties).

Lucas had similar specials to Ness, but were deviated considerably. They do not share moves. Aside from that, no two characters have the exact same attacks (unless you count the likes of Alph and the Koopalings); not even the closest pair of Marth and Lucina (if they did, Lucina wouldn't be her own character).
Ness has those exact deviations as custom options. We don't have any custom options that turn an existing character's move into a carbon copy of one of their counterparts' (i.e. none of Mario's options are Dr. Mario's moves and vise-versa). We have merely 3 cases where a move becomes similar in property, with Fox getting a custom that makes his Blaster slower with actual hitstun (though it's the way his Blaster worked pre-Melee), Falco getting a custom that makes his Blaster rapid fire with no hitstun and Luigi getting a custom that makes his Fireballs affected by gravity.
In Ness' case, he literally has Lucas' moves. Even if (for whatever reason) decide to count those three examples in favor of Lucas coming in with the same moves as before, that's only one move out of the entire options in each case. Ness takes all four specials. So what, am I to honestly expect that Lucas would just take all of Ness' specials as custom options?
It's not everyday GoldenYuiitusin defends my honor.:colorful:
I kid,I kid.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I would love to see Aeropolis from F-Zero GX as a stage (the tracks and music is awesome):

I mean, the retro one we have for the 3DS is cool and all, but I prefer something other than another Mute City and watching players fight on it makes me more queasy than fighting on Big Blue.

Also, why isn't this cheesy yet awesome song in Smash already!?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I had 20 alerts in the middle of class today when y'all were talking about how cute my avi is.
How is this even possible? I think I had 9 at the most and that was because alerts for threads being created.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Double standards

The Swiss can have a cheese named after them but not America?

Edit: And not ALL sliced cheese is American cheese

It comes in multiple cheese types

American is just the most popular
Naw, there's American Cheddar, which I guess is why cheese slices are called "american cheese" over there.

Over here in canada, we just call the sliced cheese "sliced cheese" but they usually have a prefix.

for example, cheddar sliced cheese or swiss sliced cheese. Those two and mozzarella are the only sliced cheese I've tried.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Naw, there's American Cheddar, which I guess is why cheese slices are called "american cheese" over there.

Over here in canada, we just call the sliced cheese "sliced cheese" but they usually have a prefix.

for example, cheddar sliced cheese or swiss sliced cheese. Those two and mozzarella are the only sliced cheese I've tried.
Ours do too

We have chedder sliced

American is just the "Default" one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom