• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A lot of my earlier stuff was essentially watered down humor mixed in with straw grasping. Not to mention running jokes that I should have killed off a long time ago.
Rule number 1: Never water down your humor, always go all in. You either end up with a huge pile of chips immediately, or you bust out on on the first hand.
It's a Poker metaphor.
@FalKoopa There is no life. . . There is only shrek :yeahboi:
NOW HE HAS TRULY GRACED US WITH HIS PRESENCE.
ALL BOW TO THE NEW RULER OF THE SOCIAL THREAD.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Rule number 1: Never water down your humor, always go all in. You either end up with a huge pile of chips immediately, or you bust out on on the first hand.
Rule number 2: NEVER water down your humor, always go all in. You either end up with a huge pile of chips immediately, or you bust out on on the first hand.

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
Apparently my first post was on the front page. Odd, I don't really ever post there anymore. It was about the E3 invitational tournament.

Screenshot_2014-09-22-19-51-06-1.png
Not as cringe worthy as I would've thought. Maybe it's because I got all my bad posts out at bell tree. *shudders again*
Wow, I honestly can't believe I said that.View attachment 25849

D

Deleted member

Rule number 2: NEVER water down your humor, always go all in. You either end up with a huge pile of chips immediately, or you bust out on on the first hand.
The Comedy Club is just like Fight Club, the similarities being that you never talk about either, and rules number 1 and 2 are the same with emphasis on the "never" in rule 2.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If only a new Castlevania game was like this with a brand new Bomber Man, then I wouldn't hate Konami so much right now. The only GOOD games they make nowadays is just Metal Gear Solid.
I actually should ask that, but I've just heard and never played any castlevania games and yet, this felt like a castlevania music:

(I'll just keep my warning about audio compression in my info because it's just annoying to copy paste a txt file over and over with how much music I share).

If you wonder, I'm mostly refering to the 8 bit part like.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The Comedy Club is just like Fight Club, the similarities being that you never talk about either and rules number 1 and 2 are the same with emphasis on the "never".
For the sake of the club, Imma list down all the rules here.

Comedy Club said:
  1. Never water down your humor, always go all in. You either end up with a huge pile of chips immediately, or you bust out on on the first hand.
  2. NEVER water down your humor, always go all in. You either end up with a huge pile of chips immediately, or you bust out on on the first hand.
  3. Someone yells "You suck", goes out or throws a shoe, the act is over.
  4. Only ONE guy to an act.
  5. ONE Joke at a time.
  6. No props or slandering.
  7. Stand-ups will go on for as long as they have to.
  8. If this is your 1st night at the Comedy Club, YOU HAVE TO IMPROV.
Fun fact, I haven't watched Fight Club. I just have the poster on my wall. :urg:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who is this yellow guy on the Magicant who keeps killing BlahBlahLPs?
The Flying Man, a friendly NPC who appears in Magicant and is basically a personification of Ness' courage.
You can recruit him as a temporary party member.
For the sake of the club, Imma list down all the rules here.
Fun fact, I haven't watched Fight Club. I just have the poster on my wall. :p
Very few people can list off the rules from memory.
Well done.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
since sharing old post seems to be a thing now, this was my second post (first is just me telling that nintendo said there will be footage at e3 2013...so old).

I'm very new on this forum so hi

Megaman was my most wanted third party character thanks sakurai :)

Paper mario is my most wanted first party but I think that he might not make it because he's very similar to the regular mario. But he have a great moveset potential that may make him different.
If he don't make in the roster than, ridley will be my most wanted
Here's the thing: I falsified the second part partially. I was so shy and scared to tell opinions here that I hid the fact that I actually would not think it would be that much detrimental to his chances and just said that because I was just too scary.

But I remember that I said the opposite of my belief that day. I actually think he would be a great choices and so, his similarities to mario wouldn't matter that he could be like others a great addition. I was simply too scared to blantanly say it.

The thread dying too much didn't help until I decided to take OP.

Then it became obvious.

Still, inda ironic to see this today.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much. It's lazy too.
While I don't know what goes on during game development, I have heard that the way Melee is coded and put together is an absolute mess compared to Brawl or presumably, Smash 4.
Lazy? Legitimate reason?
Idunno, why should you even care if the game is already out?

D

Deleted member

And this is why Nintendo needs to buy both Mega Man and Bomber Man so that they won't fad into obscurity unlike more deserving "mistakes" like Bubsy the Bobcat.
Don't get me started on Bubsy the Bobcat.. ugh..

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
2slow, bruh
also thank you based @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 for the Paper Mario Sunshine icon
Oh, I didn't know you would want it, but here's a better version:

This is the icons in the menu while the one you have is the textures for the blocks.

It's without white borders which are quite annoying in upscaled avatar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom