• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Castlevania Judgement has fans? The same game that was a sad excuse of a fighter with unfitting character designs, corny as hell dialogue, and arguably started the decline of the Castlevania franchise? When I think of Castlevania, I don't think of Grant being a L ripoff or Maria Renard being a clone of Misa ****ing Amane! Every characters design in that game (barring exceptions like Cornell, Carmilla, and Sypha) is too ****ty to even be called Castlevania material and there's too much anime pandering in the game overall (Fanservice in a damn Castlevania game?). That's why I'm glad that Konami will never revisit such an awful idea again.

Last edited:

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
Okay, I've thought of a question I want to ask you fellas.

Have any of you, in your current "matured" life, ever had a sad moment where you legitimately cried? Not necessarily for serious moments, like losing a family member. I mean more towards something that's soppy or presented to be a "sad moment".

It's just I see something like this:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Gravity-Falls-Twins-Forever-483967339 (P.S. If you haven't watched Gravity Falls, you may not get this.)

Which does make me feel a bit. Yet I see comments where the person says it made them cry. Either it's because I'm more hardened, or these kind of people like to exaggerate their feelings to get a response. >_>

I don't ever really tear up at anything else nowadays either. The last time I felt genuinely "down" at something that moved me, was watching the entire Avatar: The Last Airbender TV series last Winter. I couldn't get the show out of my head for a while. But still, I didn't ever tear up.
Pokemon mystery dungeon: explores of time. The feels man.

Morbi

Scavenger
Seeing how Paper Mario case got, that is true for me now.

Because I have a clever idea of why they improved the repping there so much and it's actually what I dream of happening. The best case for me was getting his series, he didn't because he's considered to be in the Mario spectrum (not gonna deny this this is a fact).

BUT, he's still viewed like he could get his own. Like, they do not interpret him to be THE same mario, but A mario. then, it implies own series and even world.

Which is why he get so much now. I honestly think the least that happened is him having everything but a playable spot. Really, you may be negative all you want, but I'm VERY positive on this because for me, I think it's likely he was at least considered like villager was back in brawl. This also implies that the moment DLC are confirmed to be there, he automatically is likely.

I said the opposite before because of the trophy, but after seeing the character description, I changed my mind, they could easily do a mere sentence addition and keep the same render. Tough, that is just possibility and i don't like to go there because you have to assume stuff, but you get the idea that in a world where DLC is happening, my support already started.

But if it doesn't, I won't be surprised if we get more home console repping on WiiU. I think it's likely to not end the repping there and just the 3ds repping the whole series is already fantastic.

Let's just wait because if theater is on WiiU...

I MIGHT do the unthinkable and change my avatar for a month temporarily.

I know people will suffer from this change of t=not seeing his arms, but this is worthy :troll:
I am going to finally ask because it has bothered me since I learned of your existence, what the hell is your avatar supposed to be? I figured it was just a symbol, you just dropped some information about your avatar being someone's arms? What is going on, is it some obscure Paper Mario reference that only the most devout Paper Mario fans understand?

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Oh definitely - different people react in different ways, and I come from people who get misty eyed a bit easier than others. Movies make me tear up pretty regularly - which is funny because my girlfriend, though very affectionate is like a robot when it comes to that unless she's extremely pissed.

D

Deleted member

Have any of you, in your current "matured" life, ever had a sad moment where you legitimately cried? Not necessarily for serious moments, like losing a family member. I mean more towards something that's soppy or presented to be a "sad moment".

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Gravity-Falls-Twins-Forever-483967339 (P.S. If you haven't watched Gravity Falls, you may not get this.)

Which does make me feel a bit. Yet I see comments where the person says it made them cry. Either it's because I'm more hardened, or these kind of people like to exaggerate their feelings to get a response. >_>

I don't ever really tear up at anything else nowadays either. The last time I felt genuinely "down" at something that moved me, was watching the entire Avatar: The Last Airbender TV series last Winter. I couldn't get the show out of my head for a while. But still, I didn't ever tear up.
I have cried on occasion, but it's usually over personal or family matters. I don't think I've ever teared up over anything fictional.
Except for the ending of The Walking Dead Video Game. That got me good.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I also find that it has gotten moreso as I've gotten older - not sure what that means.

R0Y

Smash Master
I haven't cried in about 3 years I think, but I did late in high school once, lol.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Let's see:

I've cried watching a video about Lucario.
Cried during "Rise of Darkrai."
Mystery Dungeon.
Cried reading a book series I love so much, the main character died at the end of the 3rd series.
And that Lucario movie.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I also find that it has gotten moreso as I've gotten older - not sure what that means.
It means you are desensitized to emotion and that societal constraints regarding your gender influence the way you interpret something considered, "melancholy." You do not have the capacity to feel.
:4jigglypuff:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

I cry on ocassion with some movies, series or games; that's it when I feel a connection with the characters of course.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
When I was playing, I unfortunately had the final boss spoiled for me. I was super upset.

Also pro tip: Don't look up the music from the game. The song titles are full of spoilers. The final boss song has the the name of the boss in the title.
You shouldn't of said that. True, there could be multiple themes with character names in them...but the thing is the one I kept seeing...I disregarded it as a background theme to when:
Shulk gets the monado 2

And now YOU are telling me it could potentially be the final boss theme...

Just...Stop the discussion. Don't quote me again about Xenoblade. I don't care if I'm wrong about my theory and you want to correct me. You are currently doing more harm then good and I don't trust you to fix it at the moment. >.>

Last edited:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
It means you are desensitized to emotion and that societal constraints regarding your gender influence the way you interpret something considered, "melancholy." You do not have the capacity to feel.
:4jigglypuff:
I would argue the exact opposite? That more things make me feel. It's attributable to most aspects of my life - I'm at a fairly strange crossroads in terms of my role as the eldest of all of my generation, but watching the older ones start to go.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I've only teared up at fictional things 3 times. One was a book, one an anime, and one a game.

Morbi

Scavenger
I would argue the exact opposite? That more things make me feel. It's attributable to most aspects of my life - I'm at a fairly strange crossroads in terms of my role as the eldest of all of my generation, but watching the older ones start to go.
I do not know, would you argue that exact opposite? I cannot answer that question for you.

D

Deleted member

Well I mean, I guess laughing at the death of ones loved are a little weird.
I think it might just be your bodies way of responding to the whole situation. Just substituting crying or depression with laughing.

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

All the time.

[collapse=]
Once you reach a certain point, you realize that life is sadder than death anyway.
[/collapse]

You have to wait until the end, though.

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
Soo, uhhh, I'm sure many of you have heard of a place called the bell tree forms. I used to be there for the hype of ACNL. Probably my most anticipated game (Ahh, the memories. All the rumor release dates). Anyway, I recently found my old account and ohh boy it pains me to look at.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/member.php?6749-18pokemon

I think my crappy signature is the best part.
gggg.new2.jpg
*shudders*

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So here's what we know about popular users and their favorite characters

Arcadenik- Duck Hunt Dog
Aldelaro5- Paper Mario
Sehnsucht- Luigi
SmashRiver64- Dr Mario, R.O.B., Lemmy
skaaaa- Lucina, Ike, Palutena, Rosalina
R.O.B.- Roy Koopa, Takamaru, Selvaria Bles
MorbidAltruism- Dark Pit
Admiral Pit- Pit, Palutena
MSmariosonic- Snake, Mario, Sonic, Jigglypuff
CliffJumper- Lucina, Sonic, Krystal, Lucario, Rouge, Paper Mario
MisterViderGaming- Substitute
Backgammon- Jigglypuff, Rosalina, Zelda, Robin
Tewn Leenk- Toon Link
Diddy Kong- Impa
GoldenYuitusin- Shadow the Hedgehog, Entei, Derp Genie, Godzilla
Frostwraith- Ganondorf, Dark Pit
Kenith the Gatherer- Ghirahim, Lucina, Jigglypuff
Kermit the Ninja- Homura, Wario, Shulk, Greninja
CrusherMania1592- Fox, Lucina, Lucario, Bowser Jr, Marth
Scatmansworld25- Vaati, Lucina, Shrek
Rocket Raccoon- Lucario, Rocket, Shulk
legendofrob1- Proffesor Layton, Phoenix Wright
thekewlusername- MegaMan, MegaMan X

Am I missing anyone?
Oh yeah, I forgot you came here after Kamek was deconfirmed.

You should have seen it, I was seriously Kamek-crazy.

(Also Quote is still my most wanted, but I've accepted his fate and moved on to more plausible characters.)

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Soo, uhhh, I'm sure many of you have heard of a place called the bell tree forms. I used to be there for the hype of ACNL. Probably my most anticipated game (Ahh, the memories. All the rumor release dates). Anyway, I recently found my old account and ohh boy it pains me to look at.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/member.php?6749-18pokemon

I think my crappy signature is the best part.
*shudders*
Let's shudder together. I recently looked up old posts from myself on SmashBoards and Serebiiforums and I felt ashamed of myself for typing all that.

Soul.

So, does Smogon suck. I've heard a lot of people saying that Pokémon should be focused in double battles.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm like that too.
I'm sure everybody was like that, but still, it hurts.
Like this (it was a 'What stages do you want?' thread in 2007):
I want Luigi's Mansion(Luigi's Mansion), Bowser's Castle(that Mario game where you had to kick Bowser off the stage) and Delfino Plaza(Super Mario Sunshine).
Quality Post/10.
Funny that I got two out of three, though.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Ok, people might see me differently after telling this, but it REALLY happened during speculation period precisely after the leaked videos were released.

Listen to this for best reading experience:
Warning: compressed audio listening can cause questioning, frustration and hating the art of VGM. Please, beware that this is not showing a close version of the original quality and should burn in fire, but the original is a fantastic experience on headphones. Just keep in mind that compressed audio is garbage. FLAC or ALAC encoded AAC from iTunes is great tough because it's lossless.

Normally, I'm usually able to contain strong emotions. The emotion really needs to be a lot more strong than usual for me to give huge reaction. This is why I don't cry that much in life, but this one...that made me realise how much I love people here.

You're maybe aware of this, but since April, I was the OP of the Paper Mario thread, but I only became to advertise more on June - July where I was in the POTD thread every day. That...was the good times especially after July 29.

When the videos got released, I instantly was worried. Not because of Paper Mario chances as some might think, but it was just because of being worried to loose support for that. I didn't find this leak to be that much hurting his chances, but my worries were confirmed the same night: there was indeed people assuming [deconfirmed].

It might be really weird, but even tough I was still confident on his chances, the state of the thread was worrying me A LOT more. The fact that it happened on my first college class day just made it worse. Eventually, it got into me getting depressed (and I mean it like I was playing final hours and I swear to you that it was fitting). The day after, it went into insanity. I came far enough to call myself being stupid and I really feel ashamed and sad to admit this, but yes, there was a point where I considered leaving smashboards. Let's just say I cared a little too much here, but after some time, I asked in a PM conversation (I guess I'm ok to tell it: I host a private PM mostly with the best supporters for giving toughs about stuff I don't want to say publically and having fun) why did I became OP in the first place?

I just want to dedicate (if you're reading this, yes again) this part to @MegaMarioMan9

He reminded me that the true purpose I was there was to gather people around a same dream. I was there to revive a long forgotten thread (if you want, I can provide stats, but the thread really was dead before) and so, my goal was to by sharing my love for him, spreading it to invite others to share theirs. It was only for supporting purposes.

I didn't copy pasted the thing, but this was written a lot better with the we believe in you mario music at the end...

I just couldn't take it...

This was my heart being broken from its ice prison and so, I played song of healing on VLC and I cried for 30 minutes. I'm not joking, It was so awakening on me that it really felt on me being just sad to have come there in insanity and I was just happy that I at least was able to do my true goal.

After tough, I got INSANELY hype. To this day, I've never felt that much hype and the day after, I wrote a huge hype speech that I put on the header of the OP until [decnfirmed]. It ended for the good after all (except those who based dr mario in the thread...I didn't like that).

Anyway, I'm sure you might think I got too emotional (and I was), but to me, passing this proved me that I really cared about my place here and for that, I will probably not leave until a LOOOOOONG time even if not playable, I'm actually working on a general series thread (doing the OP now) so, I can still share my love for him outside of smash.

Thus, it was my story of when I cried. That was pretty intense.

I am going to finally ask because it has bothered me since I learned of your existence, what the hell is your avatar supposed to be? I figured it was just a symbol, you just dropped some information about your avatar being someone's arms? What is going on, is it some obscure Paper Mario reference that only the most devout Paper Mario fans understand?
You're actually not supposed to know it as it's not common knowledge even for TTYD fans, but it's the weirdest glitch I've ever found out of my 6 months of TTYD glitch hunting.

Those are indeed, Paper Mario's arms. An upscaled version to be exact, but I had the proof by ripping textures that if you take the original files, flip them vertically, you get the exact same form, just upscaled.

You can see those at 2 points: if you fall in the water, you see them going from underneath the map (so, can't see them with normal camera) to the sky, but the cutscene is so quick you don't have time to see them on your screen at all. The second time tough is even weirder: in the chapter 7, in the canon cutscene when you land on the moon, they spin around Mario in circle for unknown reasons, but you have to zoom out so much that you can't possibly see them on normal camera.

Free look utility allowed me to spot them, but I discovered that in a complete fluke that it was just funny to think this is in the game. I have yet to know why the heck this is present, but I don't think I'll know...

Here's a video I made to show those in game with free look (you normally have a more zoomed in view):

I decided to use it as avatar because it not only reference TTYD, but is also representing my experience with it and is also a weird images :)

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Ok, people might see me differently after telling this, but it REALLY happened during speculation period precisely after the leaked videos were released.

Listen to this for best reading experience:
Warning: compressed audio listening can cause questioning, frustration and hating the art of VGM. Please, beware that this is not showing a close version of the original quality and should burn in fire, but the original is a fantastic experience on headphones. Just keep in mind that compressed audio is garbage. FLAC or ALAC encoded AAC from iTunes is great tough because it's lossless.

Normally, I'm usually able to contain strong emotions. The emotion really needs to be a lot more strong than usual for me to give huge reaction. This is why I don't cry that much in life, but this one...that made me realise how much I love people here.

You're maybe aware of this, but since April, I was the OP of the Paper Mario thread, but I only became to advertise more on June - July where I was in the POTD thread every day. That...was the good times especially after July 29.

When the videos got released, I instantly was worried. Not because of Paper Mario chances as some might think, but it was just because of being worried to loose support for that. I didn't find this leak to be that much hurting his chances, but my worries were confirmed the same night: there was indeed people assuming [deconfirmed].

It might be really weird, but even tough I was still confident on his chances, the state of the thread was worrying me A LOT more. The fact that it happened on my first college class day just made it worse. Eventually, it got into me getting depressed (and I mean it like I was playing final hours and I swear to you that it was fitting). The day after, it went into insanity. I came far enough to call myself being stupid and I really feel ashamed and sad to admit this, but yes, there was a point where I considered leaving smashboards. Let's just say I cared a little too much here, but after some time, I asked in a PM conversation (I guess I'm ok to tell it: I host a private PM mostly with the best supporters for giving toughs about stuff I don't want to say publically and having fun) why did I became OP in the first place?

I just want to dedicate (if you're reading this, yes again) this part to @MegaMarioMan9

He reminded me that the true purpose I was there was to gather people around a same dream. I was there to revive a long forgotten thread (if you want, I can provide stats, but the thread really was dead before) and so, my goal was to by sharing my love for him, spreading it to invite others to share theirs. It was only for supporting purposes.

I didn't copy pasted the thing, but this was written a lot better with the we believe in you mario music at the end...

I just couldn't take it...

This was my heart being broken from its ice prison and so, I played song of healing on VLC and I cried for 30 minutes. I'm not joking, It was so awakening on me that it really felt on me being just sad to have come there in insanity and I was just happy that I at least was able to do my true goal.

After tough, I got INSANELY hype. To this day, I've never felt that much hype and the day after, I wrote a huge hype speech that I put on the header of the OP until [decnfirmed]. It ended for the good after all (except those who based dr mario in the thread...I didn't like that).

Anyway, I'm sure you might think I got too emotional (and I was), but to me, passing this proved me that I really cared about my place here and for that, I will probably not leave until a LOOOOOONG time even if not playable, I'm actually working on a general series thread (doing the OP now) so, I can still share my love for him outside of smash.

Thus, it was my story of when I cried. That was pretty intense.

You're actually not supposed to know it as it's not common knowledge even for TTYD fans, but it's the weirdest glitch I've ever found out of my 6 months of TTYD glitch hunting.

Those are indeed, Paper Mario's arms. An upscaled version to be exact, but I had the proof by ripping textures that if you take the original files, flip them vertically, you get the exact same form, just upscaled.

You can see those at 2 points: if you fall in the water, you see them going from underneath the map (so, can't see them with normal camera) to the sky, but the cutscene is so quick you don't have time to see them on your screen at all. The second time tough is even weirder: in the chapter 7, in the canon cutscene when you land on the moon, they spin around Mario in circle for unknown reasons, but you have to zoom out so much that you can't possibly see them on normal camera.

Free look utility allowed me to spot them, but I discovered that in a complete fluke that it was just funny to think this is in the game. I have yet to know why the heck this is present, but I don't think I'll know...

Here's a video I made to show those in game with free look (you normally have a more zoomed in view):

I decided to use it as avatar because it not only reference TTYD, but is also representing my experience with it and is also a weird images :)
You really like Paper Mario, don't you?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I actually cried the other day. It's freaking hard not to cry when reading this.

And listening to this.

EDIT:Damnit. Now I'm tearing up just thinking about it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom