• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't get me wrong, I myself have a copy, but I still think Adventures is more fun.
But it's hardly a Star Fox game. Might as well be a Zelda game starring Fox McCloud. If you really want to get a feel for the series, you're better off starting with a game that uses the more consistent playstyle. Do you get it?

You never want to start the kids on Star Fox Adventures. It leads to other.... things...
Yeah it does. The Zelda series.

Well, maybe that is so, but it doesn't really represent what makes the Starfox series stand out.
Considering it was modified from a completely unrelated game.
Also this.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Also if any of you haven't got into Metroid yet, I highly recommend Other M, you'll love it's story :troll:

In all seriousness the gameplay was good though

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oooh! We're talking about Star Fox. Hey, guys and gals, I found out why Wolf was cut!

See, there's the eyepatch. :p

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Also if any of you haven't got into Metroid yet, I highly recommend Other M, you'll love it's story :troll:

In all seriousness the gameplay was good though
Everything about Other M was awesome.

I sensed someone talking about it and decided to crash the thread.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That's actually the Star Fox game I started with. I loved it back then, looking back I think it's not that good, only Adventures is worse.

And from which series/game is this from?
Fluidity

D

Deleted member

Oooh! We're talking about Star Fox. Hey, guys and gals, I found out why Wolf was cut!

See, there's the eyepatch. :p
He was cut because of that guy during E3 who wanted more Star Fox.

Because clearly, that clip was foreshadowing Lucas and Wolf being cut.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Talking about which is better between 64 and Adventures?

Don't make me pull out the JonTron video. :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still say Metroid Prime is the best Metroid game. It's so damn good. Not that most of the series isn't already great. But Prime 1 is my ****.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

Poor Lucas.... I hope we at least get a good mother 3 stage.... Or at least some good new music.....

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That's wrong and you know it. @ Frostwraith Frostwraith , don't listen to him. It's barely a Star Fox game. Go play Star Fox 64. It's an excellent game, fast and fun, and lots of replay value.
I remember trying the Star Fox 64 demo in Brawl. Looked fun, but never really got to buy the actual game.

Not too interested in the series overall either. From what I heard, Star Fox 64 is the only game worth playing.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

We'll just say this is the aftermath of Wolf and Snake not being in SSB where they team up to make their own exclusive game.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Just preordered both of the Mario Kart 8 DLC packs. Why one would want to preorder DLC is a mystery for the ages...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I remember trying the Star Fox 64 demo in Brawl. Looked fun, but never really got to buy the actual game.

Not too interested in the series overall either. From what I heard, Star Fox 64 is the only game worth playing.
People just nitpick about StarFox Adventures not being too much if a real StarFox game with Zelda-esque exploration , but in all honesty that's what makes it so good of a game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I thought Star Fox Assault was decent. I've heard good things about Star Fox 1 too. Can't wait for the next game to come out. Should be cool, with Miyamoto at the helm.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Just preordered both of the Mario Kart 8 DLC packs. Why one would want to preorder DLC is a mystery for the ages...
The Yoshi and Shy Guy colors was why I did it, but that's probably because Shy Guy is my favorite character in Mario Kart, so basically getting 8 more was a plus for me. :laugh:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Only reason is because preordering it will unlock the Yoshi and Shy Guy colors now.
Oh, so that's a thing that I got then. Well, that's a thing I guess

What I'm really excited about is new tracks. Link is cool, but I believe tracks are at the heart of Mario Kart (though it could be items depending on who you ask).

D

Deleted member

What I'm really excited about is new tracks. Link is cool, but I believe tracks are at the heart of Mario Kart (though it could be items depending on who you ask).
Me too. I want Wario's Gold Mine in HD.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Yup, I don't give a hoot about the DLC characters, but that presumably Luigi's Mansion 2 track gets me pretty hyped.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Only reason is because preordering it will unlock the Yoshi and Shy Guy colors now.
Black Shy Guy is so clean. Why would you even need to use any other characters? He can't be topped. Unless it's the legendary Dr. Amethyst Baby Paper Ice Fire Kitsune Waluigi. That's the only exception.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I am not with the times
The most recent game I have is Guacamelee on my sister's Wii U and Pokemon X on my 3DS
I don't even have Mario Kart 7/8 or 3D Land/World
I want 3D Land tho
But I had no money for the eShop Smashing Sale at the time
Or now
I'm broke
Anyone care to donate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom