• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
While everyone is complaining about Vectoring, I'm celebrating Bowser Junior in Smash 4 still.
I'm still on the Blue Bomber hype train. Because the greatness never ends. But Bowser Jr. is easily one of the most interesting new characters in Smash 4.

I am not with the times
The most recent game I have is Guacamelee on my sister's Wii U and Pokemon X on my 3DS
I don't even have Mario Kart 7/8 or 3D Land/World
I want 3D Land tho
But I had no money for the eShop Smashing Sale at the time
Or now
I'm broke
Anyone care to donate?
3D World should take priority if you ask me. I have 3D Land, and it's solid. But 3D World has way better bosses and more variety in it's levels.

Oh, so that's a thing that I got then. Well, that's a thing I guess

What I'm really excited about is new tracks. Link is cool, but I believe tracks are at the heart of Mario Kart (though it could be items depending on who you ask).
Yeah. Tracks are the best part of Mario Kart. Not to say the idea of running people over with Mario or Shy Guy isn't cool though.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
I want to see Mute City and be upset Captain Falcon wasn't one of the DLC characters for MK8.
What were you thinking, Nintendo?!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I want to see Mute City and be upset Captain Falcon wasn't one of the DLC characters for MK8.
>Mute City is a Level
>Blue Falcon is a Kart
>CAPTAIN FALCON IS NOT PRESENT
Something is wrong.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
>Mute City is a Level
>Blue Falcon is a Kart
>CAPTAIN FALCON IS NOT PRESENT
Something is wrong.
Don't worry. He'll be in the Smash DLC Pack with Sonic and Dr. Mario/Pikachu. :troll:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I'm still on the Blue Bomber hype train. Because the greatness never ends. But Bowser Jr. is easily one of the most interesting new characters in Smash 4.

3D World should take priority if you ask me. I have 3D Land, and it's solid. But 3D World has way better bosses and more variety in it's levels.

Yeah. Tracks are the best part of Mario Kart. Not to say the idea of running people over with Mario or Shy Guy isn't cool though.
And I have been happily drinking all the tears of people who wanted Bowser Jr with his paintbrush.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's weird how the last 2 games Captain Falcon was in aren't even F-Zero games. He really should be DLC character. He's an insanely popular character thanks to Smash. Falcon deserves to leave racers in the dust once again.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thinking about it, the only place where there's really Sakurai bias on Kid Icarus is Smash Run.

[collapse="Breakdown"]Characters - Around 3 characters is what I believe to be perfect representation from series with lots of characters. You have the two most important characters and one less important but still noteworthy and relevant character. This is one of the reasons I'm upset with Lucas and Wolf being cut since they brought something from their respective series that cannot be replaced. Lucas was the protagonist of his game and Wolf was a recurring foe from his series, after all.
Stages - 1 stage per version. Nothing really wrong here.
Assist Trophies - 2 like many other series. It's an okay number when major series like Mario, Zelda and Metroid get more and EarthBound has 2 as well.
Items - 6 items isn't bad. Mario, Zelda and other series also have a lot of items. Plus, KIU's items work really well in Smash, which can't be said about some other series' items.
Smash Run enemies - This is where Sakurai went overboard by having a bigger number of enemies than even Mario.[/collapse]

And I have been happily drinking all the tears of people who wanted Bowser Jr with his paintbrush.
Clown Car Bowser Jr. in Smash is one of the best things ever.

(He still uses the paintbrush for the Final Smash. :p)

By the way, speaking of Mario Kart 8's DLC, how does it work for online play? I mean, not everyone will have DLC content, after all...

Last edited:

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
By the way, speaking of Mario Kart 8's DLC, how does it work for online play? I mean, not everyone will have DLC content, after all...
I'm guessing the DLC content will be put in the game with a patch, and paying for the DLC will simply unlock it. That way, you can still play on stages you haven't paid for / see characters you didn't pay for but cannot use those yourselves.
And before that, you'll just have every single menu remind you that there's DLC you can buy, along with characters icon taunting you in the character select screen.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Johnny Bravo confirmed for Smash 4. That's what's going on. :troll:
It fits to me because Johnny Bravo was a playable character in that Super Smash Bros. plagiarizer Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion (although he was only playable in the XL edition).

Now I want to play that game again.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Like in a lot of fighting games that have DLC, there's probably a patch update that at least allows you to fight against these characters. If I'm not mistaken, MK9 and Injustice had done this method. Tekken Tag 2 might have as well. I see Mario Kart having a similar situation.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Like in a lot of fighting games that have DLC, there's probably a patch update that at least allows you to fight against these characters. If I'm not mistaken, MK9 and Injustice had done this method. Tekken Tag 2 might have as well. I see Mario Kart having a similar situation.
But what about the new race tracks? There's either 2 ways they can get around that:
  • The new tracks will not appear within an online group if one of them hasn't bought the DLC pack.
  • They keep racers segregated on servers so that they get paired up so that whole groups will have either DLC, or non-DLC.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm guessing the DLC content will be put in the game with a patch, and paying for the DLC will simply unlock it. That way, you can still play on stages you haven't paid for / see characters you didn't pay for but cannot use those yourselves.
And before that, you'll just have every single menu remind you that there's DLC you can buy, along with characters icon taunting you in the character select screen.
Seems kind of shady to put the content on a patch, but the content is still locked away. It's a bit like disc locked content, except not as bad, but I guess it's the only way online play can work.

Seems like Smash could do the same thing... DLC in Smash 4 could be great. They could bring back veterans like Wolf, Lucas and Mewtwo or release some newcomers that would advertise new games like Splatoon or Xenoblade Chronicles X. Potentially great marketing strategies.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
It fits to me because Johnny Bravo was a playable character in that Super Smash Bros. plagiarizer Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion (although he was only playable in the XL edition).

Now I want to play that game again.
Honestly, that was a really good game. It was by far the best Smash clone to me.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I've just now noticed how relevant Johnny Bravo is becoming nowadays. :|

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Just finished my first Let's Play! Just for S&Gs I made a memorial of all of my fallen Pikmin. LMAO

Now I need another game to help last me these next 2 weeks... :urg:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Seems kind of shady to put the content on a patch, but the content is still locked away. It's a bit like disc locked content, except not as bad, but I guess it's the only way online play can work.

Seems like Smash could do the same thing... DLC in Smash 4 could be great. They could bring back veterans like Wolf, Lucas and Mewtwo or release some newcomers that would advertise new games like Splatoon or Xenoblade Chronicles X. Potentially great marketing strategies.
I would say it's mostly for the sake of compatibility. That way everyone can at least play together. And yeah, Smash 4 DLC could be cool. Hopefully if there's any new characters, they'll be fun to play as.

Honestly, that was a really good game. It was by far the best Smash clone to me.
I'd say Jump Ultimate Stars is the best "Smash" clone. That game was legit. It's not every day you get to Kamehameha the Death Note guy in the face.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Just finished my first Let's Play! Just for S&Gs I made a memorial of all of my fallen Pikmin. LMAO

Now i need another game to help last me these next 2 weeks :urg:.
Paper Mario isn't enough, Moon? :laugh:

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman

Well, the other alternative is outright stopping players from playing with those who bought the DLC (be it characters or races). It would end up in a huge split between the two communities, and it's a pretty awful outcome, all considering. Same for Smash in a way : could you imagine people with DLC characters unable to play with people who didn't buy them? The online would be a complete mess.
As for DLC characters, I just hope Nintendo has plans with the Mother series to justify Lucas being DLC, I'd love the little guy to be back, since most of the others cuts (barring Ice Climbers) would be shoo-in.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I would say it's mostly for the sake of compatibility. That way everyone can at least play together. And yeah, Smash 4 DLC could be cool. Hopefully if there's any new characters, they'll be fun to play as.

I'd say Jump Ultimate Stars is the best "Smash" clone. That game was legit. It's not every day you get to Kamehameha the Death Note guy in the face.
Oh yeah, forgot about that game. That was good too.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So I just noticed that the demo remembered what costume I last used for each character even after I turned it off.

I don't recall anything like that in the previous Smashes. No need to swap over to female Robin ever!

Probably very late on this.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Amen to that! Sure, it's not all that polished, but it's pretty dang impressive/great SSB rip-off (especially being made by a nobody company) and love it SOO much!

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Amen to that! Sure, it's not all that polished, but it's pretty dang impressive/great SSB rip-off (especially being made by a nobody company) and love it SOO much!
Captain K'Nuckles is too stronk. I set up those little statues, the player runs into them and gets stunned, and I smash them right in the face. Good times.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kamehameha is not good enough punishment for Light Yagami. Dropping Dio's Road Roller on his face is much better.

**** Light Yagami.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom