• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
What.

I don't get what exactly happened, but the Gordo glitched up. lol
Only thing I can guess is that since the Gordo can hurt Dedede as well that due to the strange way contact was made the animation that triggers the effect didn't happen or calculate any damage so the Gordo couldn't disappear instead just kind of froze on character model. I've seen similar glitches before with similar effects.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Is there a way to change the name of your Nintendo Network ID? Mine's kinda stupid.
No, there isn't. As far as I know.
And coming from a man who's name is LadyBrooklyn64, I'm quite needy of that too.
But I also have alot of Downloaded Games (Pokemon X, Four Swords Anniversary Edition, Colors!3D, Smash Bros., and a bunch o' Virtual Console stuff) and can't just delete my NNID and make a new one unless there's some sort of loophole.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No, there isn't. As far as I know.
And coming from a man who's name is LadyBrooklyn64, I'm quite needy of that too.
But I also have alot of Downloaded Games (Pokemon X, Four Swords Anniversary Edition, Colors!3D, Smash Bros., and a bunch o' Virtual Console stuff) and can't just delete my NNID and make a new one unless there's some sort of loophole.
That is why I embraced my NNID. I even made a Mii to accommodate it.
I believe I was inspired by the Pringles mascot at the time.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
That is why I embraced my NNID. I even made a Mii to accommodate it.

I believe I was inspired by the Pringles mascot at the time.
The only reason I didn't embrace mine was
1) I wanted to keep my identity secret on Miiverse
2) I DIDN'T KNOW SMASH BROS WASN'T GONNA HAVE ANONYMOUS ONLINE ANYMORE

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well, these default controls are really messing with my head. :ohwell:

Overall, though, everyone plays like I expected them to. Just as I predicted, I'm spamming the Villager's Gyroid Rocket, and the Metal Blade is ridiculously hard to throw in any direction other than forward.
Not really, once you get the timing down, it's really easy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Think Super Smash Bros. has over-representation of series?

It's far from being the only one to do that: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpotlightStealingCrossover
Honestly, the only way to even make a series give purely equal reps is to ignore any series that doesn't have enough content to match others. It's an impossible dream. It doesn't mean a bit more balance cannot be done, of course. The F-Zero trophies on the 3DS version are extremely small. The Kid Icarus(not just Uprising, I think) are a lot more. I know for a fact it's way easier to port over Uprising models, so him putting more in the 3DS version is a reasonable thing to do. Both being 3DS and all, it's faster. I expect the Wii U version to have a fairly low amount of Kid Icarus trophies overall. I mean, not super low, but not nearly as high as the 3DS version.

Could somebody point out how many Kid Icarus trophies there are this time? I never played Uprising so I can't properly count them all. I was told 81 Pokemon trophies, though.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
We must take responsibilities for the crap we name ourselves as teenagers. Mine's been mine for way too long, as a name of a doodle I used to do in the margins of my notes at school.

Own up to it, and just remember it was part of who you are when you cared more about the things you liked than the things that you worried about others perceiving you caring about.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
YOU WISH!
Oh god,no,not the annoying "At my old school..." girl!

It should've been at least Carlos!

222222.gif

EDIT : To answer your question,you can't. It's permanent. You have to buy a new 3DS/Wii U to make a new one. Might I suggest waiting for the New 3DS (LL) to do it.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
...You'd think a good 8-bit one would show up. Among the various KI enemies, are any missing overall?

Anyway, I'm just glad it's less than Pokemon. That's good enough for me.
Considering even Uprising-enemies that don't appear in Smash Run have trophies, I think there are just a few missing. I'm actually wondering how many Mario and Zelda have. I assume Mario has even more than Pokémon, but Zelda may be a bit negligent. If I only knew Zelda...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Around 60. All are from Uprising.
...You'd think a good 8-bit one would show up. Among the various KI enemies, are any missing overall?

Anyway, I'm just glad it's less than Pokemon. That's good enough for me.
Well, they might have imported models from Uprising. It's the only 3D game of the series, after all.

There's still a good chunk of elements from KIU that debuted in the original NES game. (Pit, Palutena, Medusa, enemies like Monoeyes or Reapers and so on...)

Having played both the NES game and Uprising, I can say most of the content from the NES game (characters, enemies, locations and bosses) also appear in Uprising.

On the KI enemies, the 15 or so in Smash Run are just a few enemies from the entirety of KIU.

That game did have a load of stuff. It's as big as a Smash Bros. game in content (has 400+ idols to collect, which are pretty much the same thing as Smash's trophies; has the challenge board with 100s of achievements). It is a Sakurai game, after all.

You may think Sakurai bias on seeing so much stuff from KIU in this game (and I partially agree with that), but it's really few compared to what KIU has to offer.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Can I just point out...
One day, Not Today, Nor Tomorrow...
But One Day, we'll all get bored of Melee
Seriously, I know it's the most competitive, but there's only so much you can do with a solidified Tier List, ~25-30 Characters (I forget exactly) and a few stages for over 20 freaking years if you pass SSB4 up.
"Vectoring Ruined Smash Bros 4! Brawl 2.0 All Over Again!"
And DI WASN'T in Melee? What's that? IT WAS? Oh, that's just :4peach:y.
"We still have Project M!"
Yes, I know, but one day you're gonna tire of that too. You can't just wavedash for ~7 more years until SSB5/6/whatever comes out and has ANOTHER little itty bitty :4pit:ty mistake that makes you freak out and say it's ruined.
If you pass up the new games, you're going to miss all the new Characters, too!
Yes, I know Mewtwo isn't in. What a shame. But I still stand to my point that :4lucario: is similar enough to be called a Mewtwo "Hand-Me-Down", so you have Lucario to play as. (NOTE: I AM IN NO WAY SAYING LUCARIO IS A CLONE OF MEWTWO, OR VISE VERSA. I RESPECT BOTH AS AN INDIVIDUAL CHARACTER, BUT I THINK MEWTWO AND LUCARIO ARE SIMILAR ENOUGH TO PLAY THE SAME WAY.)
Characters like :4duckhunt: and :rosalina: seem to be new fresh characters that'll fit into the competitive scene, we have the Clones for those people who prefer more Melee-like Characters, such as :4lucina: being similar to Melee Marth, :4drmario: being similar to Melee Mario, and :4darkpit: being a Melee-ified Pit, in a way. And don't say Clones are a bad thing, 'cuz your Melee has ALOT MORE CLONES then Smash 4 does.
Change happens, and even if you stick to Melee and Project M, and only those, you're not getting anywhere for the next generation. I love me some Gamecube and Melee, but I in no way will stick to it forever.
But, you know, that's just my opinion. :013:

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Well, they might have imported models from Uprising. It's the only 3D game of the series, after all.

There's still a good chunk of elements from KIU that debuted in the original NES game. (Pit, Palutena, Medusa, enemies like Monoeyes or Reapers and so on...)

Having played both the NES game and Uprising, I can say most of the content from the NES game (characters, enemies, locations and bosses) also appear in Uprising.

On the KI enemies, the 15 or so in Smash Run are just a few enemies from the entirety of KIU.

That game did have a load of stuff. It's as big as a Smash Bros. game in content (has 400+ idols to collect, which are pretty much the same thing as Smash's trophies; has the challenge board with 100s of achievements). It is a Sakurai game, after all.

You may think Sakurai bias on seeing so much stuff from KIU in this game (and I partially agree with that), but it's really few compared to what KIU has to offer.
I know that, as I've played Uprising as well (and loved it, I think it's the best 3DS-game out there). I forgot there were so many enemies, though.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So custom track hacks are slowly now a thing for Mario Kart 8:

Don't see it going far like it did with Mario Kart Wii due to the fact of Nintendo Network IDs and Nintendo having the power to ban people.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Of the enemies in Smash Run, the majority of them are from Kid Icarus: Uprising with 19 enemies. Mario comes in a close second with 14, next is Zelda, KIrby and Subspace Emissary with similar numbers (around 8-10), with Pokémon having 6, Metroid having 4 and, Pikmin, DK and EarthBound with 2 enemies. From other Nintendo series you have the Ghosts from Find Mii/StreetPass Quest, the Polar Bear from Ice Climber and the Sneaky Spirit from Rhythm Heaven. For the third-parties, Sonic and Mega Man get one each and there are two more from classic Namco arcade games.

I think Sakurai went a little overboard with the number of KIU enemies, but on the other hand, they behave identically to the original game (except on a 2D plane instead of 3D). The models and animations are identical, which leads me to believe they were imported from Uprising, which makes sense given it's a 3DS game.

Most Zelda enemies are from Ocarina of Time and likely have re-used assets from the 3DS remake.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
We must take responsibilities for the crap we name ourselves as teenagers. Mine's been mine for way too long, as a name of a doodle I used to do in the margins of my notes at school.

Own up to it, and just remember it was part of who you are when you cared more about the things you liked than the things that you worried about others perceiving you caring about.
So you're telling me I must stand to have the name of some losers with no social interaction that do nothing more than watch anime all day and are hated in Japan as part of my username?

Man, I hate my otaku days.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Of the enemies in Smash Run, the majority of them are from Kid Icarus: Uprising with 19 enemies. Mario comes in a close second with 14, next is Zelda, KIrby and Subspace Emissary with similar numbers (around 8-10), with Pokémon having 6, Metroid having 4 and, Pikmin, DK and EarthBound with 2 enemies. From other Nintendo series you have the Ghosts from Find Mii/StreetPass Quest, the Polar Bear from Ice Climber and the Sneaky Spirit from Rhythm Heaven. For the third-parties, Sonic and Mega Man get one each and there are two more from classic Namco arcade games.

I think Sakurai went a little overboard with the number of KIU enemies, but on the other hand, they behave identically to the original game (except on a 2D plane instead of 3D). The models and animations are identical, which leads me to believe they were imported from Uprising, which makes sense given it's a 3DS game.

Most Zelda enemies are from Ocarina of Time and likely have re-used assets from the 3DS remake.
It's odd there are no Mi(c)ks in Smash Run, considering they appear often in Uprising.
And I love it they are based on The Rolling Stones.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So custom track hacks are slowly now a thing for Mario Kart 8:

Don't see it going far like it did with Mario Kart Wii due to the fact of Nintendo Network IDs and Nintendo having the power to ban people.
Now if only they actually went through the course and not going like "Oh look at me I can drive up walls"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's odd there are no Mi(c)ks in Smash Run, considering they appear often in Uprising.
And I love it they are based on The Rolling Stones.
They also appear in the first game.

Still, I think some KIU enemies could have been replaced with enemies from other games. Preferably from series with no enemies, such as Fire Emblem (which could have Revenants and Entombed from FE:A or other monsters from FE: Sacred Stones).

More Pokémon wouldn't have been a bad idea either.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
They also appear in the first game.

Still, I think some KIU enemies could have been replaced with enemies from other games. Preferably from series with no enemies, such as Fire Emblem (which could have Revenants and Entombed from FE:A or other monsters from FE: Sacred Stones).

More Pokémon wouldn't have been a bad idea either.
They could have easily imported 3D models from X and Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom