• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It feels so satisfying landing a hit with the Dragoon or the Daybreak items. Getting the three parts can be quite intense, especially in 2-minute matches.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's always a good Day-break to get the Daybreak and use that Daybreak to score some KOs. But I should stop with the silly KI puns before I get X-treme again. Then again, I couldn't help myself with the last one. KI:U is just filled with so much epicness and all. >_<

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
I'd honestly say that people should avoid fighting lvl9 CPUs, unless they want to experiment true combos.
Since they have the disagreeable habit of reading your inputs, they can give you bad habits. Lvl7-8 is in my opinion better if you want something somewhat close to a human opponent.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I see we're having some demo discussion.
Villager feels great, definitely my favorite character in the demo. The gyroids are surprisingly spammable, as is his dash attack. His aerials are also awesome. Megaman is also pretty fun, his mega buster attacks have great utility.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd honestly say that people should avoid fighting lvl9 CPUs, unless they want to experiment true combos.
Since they have the disagreeable habit of reading your inputs, they can give you bad habits. Lvl7-8 is in my opinion better if you want something somewhat close to a human opponent.
Real men play against Lv 9 CPUs. Them cheating ********. >=)

Tell me about it, I'm curious about what Duck Hunt, Sonic, and Fox look like after taking a tanooki leaf
Two tails. That is all.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, my wedding is in 6 hours and here I am on Smashboards! Wish us luck!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Real men play against Lv 9 CPUs. Them cheating *******s. >=)
That CPU Mario cheats most against my Megaman. I just despise him so much. D: Well I can beat em often, but there's always that time when they start getting annoying.
The sad part is that Random rarely shows a CPU Megaman. I mean I've seen 4 CPU Marios in a row, then it goes to Pika or Link, a few Villagers here and there in a row, but where's CPU Megaman? ;-;

And good luck, Venus! *uses Celestial Fireworks*

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That CPU Mario cheats most against my Megaman. I just despise him so much. D: Well I can beat em often, but there's always that time when they start getting annoying.
The sad part is that Random rarely shows a CPU Megaman. I mean I've seen 4 CPU Marios in a row, then it goes to Pika or Link, a few Villagers here and there in a row, but where's CPU Megaman? ;-;
Yeah, CPU Mega Man is the easiest to defeat.

The other four do pose a challenge.

Well, my wedding is in 6 hours and here I am on Smashboards! Wish us luck!
Congrats!

And since you should be celebrating, have fun! =D

Staarih

Smash Master
Congrats to @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom !

As for the demo, I got one of the codes when they were given out but funnily, I've only played the demo like two times, and just a few matches each time. I don't know why my excitement suddenly dropped towards the game haha, though I never was a fan of the 3DS version to begin with (can't wait for the Wii U one + GameCube controls). Maybe once I get the actual game in a few weeks it'll change. Or then I could try the demo out once again. I totally suck with the 3DS controls though. Better start learning.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As for the demo, I got one of the codes when they were given out but funnily, I've only played the demo like two times, and just a few matches each time. I don't know why my excitement suddenly dropped towards the game haha, though I never was a fan of the 3DS version to begin with (can't wait for the Wii U one + GameCube controls). Maybe once I get the actual game in a few weeks it'll change. Or then I could try the demo out once again. I totally suck with the 3DS controls though. Better start learning.
Well, a few exceptions aside, I've been playing Smash for 10 years always using a GCN controller and got used to the 3DS version rather quickly.

Even with 5 characters and one stage, this game is just amazing.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Well, these default controls are really messing with my head. :ohwell:

Overall, though, everyone plays like I expected them to. Just as I predicted, I'm spamming the Villager's Gyroid Rocket, and the Metal Blade is ridiculously hard to throw in any direction other than forward.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The demo simply continues to remind me how rusty I am at the game at this point. I haven't played Melee or Brawl in so long at least I'm losing less often against the level 9s then I was before after a few days of the demo, though since I was never that high up in skill level in Brawl or Melee that probably doesn't say much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom