• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just used Mega Man's Down twice in a row for once. Pretty sure it's not a chain grab. But I'm a little surprised it worked at all.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Been having fun with the demo! Still hate the 3DS though, so gonna wait for the Wii U version haha. Been borrowing my bro's 3DS to see if I could get used to it, it's just too small, and the buttons are too close together. But man, even that 5 character 2 minute roster is super fun to play!! :D

P.S I don't actually hate the 3DS, so don't think I'm trying to flame or anything. I personally just can't use it, and don't enjoy the small screen experience (talking about XL, the whole thing just doesn't work for me) I'm glad other people enjoy it.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Bair is Mega Man's best kill option as it can kill pretty easily and is quick and safe. Def want to try and not stale the move too much to save it as a kill option as it is his best one.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Advice; Don't get on a Level 9 Mario's bad side as Mega Man
Those guys know how to use the cape at just the right moment
next thing you know you're being sent further off the stage for trying to Hard Knuckle a Mario recovering
or going down from trying to Air Tornado a High Up Mario

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Advice; Don't get on a Level 9 Mario's bad side as Mega Man
Those guys know how to use the cape at just the right moment
next thing you know you're being sent further off the stage for trying to Hard Knuckle a Mario recovering
or going down from trying to Air Tornado a High Up Mario
Level 9 Marios always manage me to make me mad. Stupid Cape against my Charge Shot.

Soul.

That's pretty good. I remember getting a K.O on Mario with Mega-Man's "uncharged" Charge Shot at 95% or so. I may not be a pro. But damn it, I'm actually think I'm getting decent now. All I need to do now is get used to dodging more. I feel like that's the only thing from keeping me getting better. Well, that and major combos. But I'm not worried about that.
I know, lol. You got a K.O that early? Wow, and I thought Mega Man's forward smash wasn't going to be used at all. I was wrong.
Try doing that with a level 1 CPU. You can cancel the run animation by shielding. It will make you get better. If an opponent tries to hit you, shield. If an opponent is close to you and wants to grab, get out of the shield and jump as soon as possible---out of shield is what most people refer that option. When shielding, you have a list of options you can do. Using Up B, jumping, shield grab, etc.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I tend not to have problems facing lv9 Marios. It's the lv9 Pikachus that are a pain in the ass.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Level 1 Mega Man is amusing to watch
All they do is FTilt back and forth

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think it's weird that Mario's cape can't reflect Villager's pot plant. Even if he reverses Villager's dash attack the plant is still thrown in the original direction.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I think it's weird that Mario's cape can't reflect Villager's pot plant. Even if he reverses Villager's dash attack the plant is still thrown in the original direction.
Does that mean Villager throws his pot backwards?

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Friends were talking mad **** today in Smash Bros. so I had to show 'em whats what.

Less than two weeks left until a new era. Can't wait.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know, lol. You got a K.O that early? Wow, and I thought Mega Man's forward smash wasn't going to be used at all. I was wrong.
Try doing that with a level 1 CPU. You can cancel the run animation by shielding. It will make you get better. If an opponent tries to hit you, shield. If an opponent is close to you and wants to grab, get out of the shield and jump as soon as possible---out of shield is what most people refer that option. When shielding, you have a list of options you can do. Using Up B, jumping, shield grab, etc.
Yeah, I've been shielding while running. Though I feel like that's screwing me over a little when I intend to dodge. I'll try to keep it in mind though, thanks.

As for Mega Man's Charge Shot, it's pretty good. Not great though, just enough to get the job done. But it's fun as hell to get a K.O. with. Almost reminds me of blowing up Robot Masters with it.

I tend not to have problems facing lv9 Marios. It's the lv9 Pikachus that are a pain in the ***.
I've got the opposite problem. Pikachu is easy enough to deal with. But Mario's cape can mess up a well timed charge shot. Which is why throws and Up Smash seem to work better. I need to get the hand of Mega Man's Down Smash. It's strong, really strong, but it's slow. So I need to work on my timing.

The only thing I don't like about the 3DS is the circle pad. Too slippery. The screen's great though. I found myself saying this when playing Mario Kart 7, and some of my DS games.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I'm kind of amazed at how Nintendo games retain their value for so long. I've been selling off a lot of my old games just because I can't store them anymore, and it's just crazy the prices you can get for them. Like an old copy of Pokemon Red sells for $20 still... that's a game that sold millions of copies and it commands that price. The only Nintendo game that didn't retain its value is Other M, which if you sell used is somewhere between dog crap and an AOL Free Trial disc.

D

Deleted member

I'm finally getting some good wins with Mario. It's taken a while, but I'm starting to get used to him in this game. Then again, I normally never fight Level 9's with Mario. At least with Mega Man, nearly all of my fights with him have been Level 9 opponents. I might go back to Mega Man soon. But I want to get a couple more fights in with Mario.
Eh, out of all characters in the demo, I'm only good with Mario. xD
I tested all characters though.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah, I've been shielding while running. Though I feel like that's screwing me over a little when I intend to dodge. I'll try to keep it in mind though, thanks.

As for Mega Man's Charge Shot, it's pretty good. Not great though, just enough to get the job done. But it's fun as hell to get a K.O. with. Almost reminds me of blowing up Robot Masters with it.

I've got the opposite problem. Pikachu is easy enough to deal with. But Mario's cape can mess up a well timed charge shot. Which is why throws and Up Smash seem to work better. I need to get the hand of Mega Man's Down Smash. It's strong, really strong, but it's slow. So I need to work on my timing.

The only thing I don't like about the 3DS is the circle pad. Too slippery. The screen's great though. I found myself saying this when playing Mario Kart 7, and some of my DS games.
I find Pikachu has just too great a defensive game, I struggle to land a hit on him.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I love Dash-Grabbing then Back Throwing Mario, follow it up with a Dash Attack, and prepare for a Hard Knuckle.

As for the 3DS Circle Pad, I don't find it slippery at all. :3

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Mario is not one of my favorites in this game. I'd actually like it if he was like SS tier but it seems like that is impossible.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I really like Mario, his forward air is just amazing in this game.
Not too mention his attacks have been sped up.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
As for Characters I love using, Listed by Tiers;
SS: :4megaman:
S: :4villager: :4mario:
A: :4link:
P: :4pikachu:
Yes, I intentionally did the SSSAP inside joke that none of you would understand, but I would be happy to explain.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I have to say, I suck with Villager.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I have to say, I suck with Villager.
I never did get the appeal with him when I tried out the demos at SDCC.

However, I'm still thinking of trying him out more once I get the game on its release. In any other case, I prefer all the other characters in the demo.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So out of all the characters in the demo is Mega Man my favorite. I love his Dair and Up Tilt.
I majorly suck with Villager. Oh and Mario's Fair... is love and life.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I haven't gotten the chance to play the demo, so I really don't know what to say about the characters. I want my first experience with Smash 4 to be with Lucario, anyways, who I know I'll be good with.

...But that also means I have to wait. *sigh*

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So now I'm going a few rounds against Pikachu. Way easier to deal with than Mario. I managed to not get K.O.'d even when I was at 202%. I was flying around, sure, but I'm surprised Mega Man could take a beating like that. If you couldn't tell by like 30 or so posts, I really like this character, and his playstyle. He's my go to guy for sure.

Can't wait to try out Fox. He's usually one of my go to fighters as well.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just got Mega Man stuck between two bumpers.
Ahh bumper hilarity, how I missed you.

Wow, I KO'd a lv9 Link 3 times with a Home-Run Bat!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I've played the demo for a couple hours total, around thirty matches at this point.

And whenever I grab an Assist Trophy, nine times out of ten, it's Ghirahim.

And every time I contemplate laughing or crying.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I keep getting my *** handed to me by Mario.
Yeah. Since I'm playing Mega Man, he's kind of hard to deal with what with the Cape and all. Link is slightly annoying, only when he's standing still. Villager and Pikachu are easy elo. And another Mega Man is pretty back and forth, sometimes it's easy, other times the CPU Mega Man will kick some ass.

The 3DS is making my hands hurt, but the game is so good. I should save up for a Wii-U I guess. Pretty sure I've done nearly 100 matches already. I could buy a ****load of trophies whenever I get the actual game. And that makes me happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom