• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Only five words can describe the Computer Virus boss in Kirby Super Star:

upload_2014-9-20_22-25-21.jpeg

It literally comes right the **** out of nowhere with little to no buildup, has little to no bearing to the Great Cave Offensive's plot, over the top to the point of silliness and nonsensical (A Classic RPG boss battle in a Kirby game doesn't make any sense), and I can tell that neither Kirby or his helper will speak of it again after the fight.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

View attachment 25724

It literally comes right the **** out of nowhere with little to no buildup, has little to no bearing to the Great Cave Offensive's plot, over the top to the point of silliness and nonsensical (A Classic RPG boss battle in a Kirby game doesn't make any sense), and I can tell that neither Kirby or his helper will speak of it again after the fight.
It's still a good fight though.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

View attachment 25724

4 ≠ 5

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
God that cartoon was good. Unfortunately they moved on when Disney bought the Marvel rights.
From what I heard, it was because Sony wanted to keep the movie rights, so they gave up the TV rights instead. I don't know if that's true though.

Ultimate Spider-Man could have been outstanding. If they followed the comics for the most part. Brian Bendis went ham with that comic series. Of course, you don't need to follow the series 100%. Since I doubt they'd kill off the main hero for a cartoon(Though main ASM series Peter is still alive while Miles is in USM). And introduce Miles in a new way. He's probably the best modern Spider-Man writer around. Well, him and Chris Yost.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's still a good fight though.
True, it's a pretty good fight despite how random it was and I liked the "enemy" designs in the fight too. I'm currently having a playthrough in the Great Cave Offensive, and I can't wait to see my least favorite Super Star Boss again (Hint: He's part of the same species as Leon Powalski).

The infamous quote does involve the word "a" so it counts. :smirk:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
From what I heard, it was because Sony wanted to keep the movie rights, so they gave up the TV rights instead. I don't know if that's true though.

Ultimate Spider-Man could have been outstanding. If they followed the comics for the most part. Brian Bendis went ham with that comic series. Of course, you don't need to follow the series 100%. Since I doubt they'd kill off the main hero for a cartoon(Though main ASM series Peter is still alive while Miles is in USM). And introduce Miles in a new way. He's probably the best modern Spider-Man writer around. Well, him and Chris Yost.
I had a schism with spider-books and comics overall after One More Day. It was... heartbreaking. So yeah, I consume them through other media -

I actually gave comics a bit of another run again, Ultimate Spider-Man was a really good spider book until the final nail in the coffin for me and superhero books: Ultimatum.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
True, it's a pretty good fight despite how random it was and I liked the "enemy" designs in the fight too. I'm currently having a playthrough in the Great Cave Offensive, and I can't wait to see my least favorite Super Star Boss again (Hint: He's part of the same species as Leon Powalski).
...Sting Chameleon?

I had a schism with spider-books and comics overall after One More Day. It was... heartbreaking. So yeah, I consume them through other media -
I don't really read comics, but I did hear about One More Day. Oh the wonders of Editorial Mandates...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aww. He looks adorable!
You won't be saying that when you actually fight him, especially when he body slams after swallowing you whole or even attacking you from the ceiling while invisible. He's basically the prototype (or shall I say the "original") Pyribbit due to how cheap and annoying his tactics were.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You won't be saying that when you actually fight him, especially when he body slams after swallowing you whole or even attacking you from the ceiling while invisible. He's basically the prototype (or shall I say the "original") Pyribbit due to how cheap and annoying his tactics were.
Oh I'm perfectly aware. I've played Super Star numerous times.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I actually gave comics a bit of another run again, Ultimate Spider-Man was a really good spider book until the final nail in the coffin for me and superhero books: Ultimatum.
We don't talk about "that". But y'know what else was a really good modern Spider-Man story? Grim Hunt. That one was awesome. There's a few more that were really good. But Grim Hunt is the first one that comes to mind for me. I heard the Spider-Man: The Gauntlet was another really good one. But I haven't read it myself.

As for Ultimatum, yeah, it sucked. I don't know what else to say about that story, it was bad.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I don't really read comics, but I did hear about One More Day. Oh the wonders of Editorial Mandates...
That's the thing, right? I grew up with a successive continuous story about Peter Parker growing up. I was too young to be totally betrayed by the Clone Saga, but I was in college, Peter was a high school science teacher, married, and still with money troubles that were true to the character but he had evolved! And then **** IT, THE FAKE DEVIL DON'T WANT U TO BE MURRIED.

Ultimatum had the blob eating ultimate wasp, and a tidal wave kills most of new york. It's gruesome and ****ing stupid.

Satan would never betray me like that. But outside of the occasional graphic novel, I'm done with the medium. It really broke my heart. Entertainment is a business, but when it's that transparent it grosses me the **** out.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
That's the thing, right? I grew up with a successive continuous story about Peter Parker growing up. I was too young to be totally betrayed by the Clone Saga, but I was in college, Peter was a high school science teacher, married, and still with money troubles that were true to the character but he had evolved! And then **** IT, THE FAKE DEVIL DON'T WANT U TO BE MURRIED.

Ultimatum had the blob eating ultimate wasp, and a tidal wave kills most of new york. It's gruesome and ****ing stupid.

Satan would never betray me like that. But outside of the occasional graphic novel, I'm done with the medium. It really broke my heart. Entertainment is a business, but when it's that transparent it grosses me the **** out.
D-Don't...
Say...
S-Swears.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Though I just love how it's the marriage he hates the most. It's not Parker's life, or his powers, you know, reasonable wants. Nope, God forbid the two are together, they must die for our ship.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There's an "a" somewhere.
Usually when the gag appears in any Nostalgia Critic or Nostalgia Chick episode, the announcer would say "A Big Lipped Alligator Moment" despite the infamous logo saying "Big Lipped Alligator Moment". I was still pretty surprised that many gaming YouTubers like Quarter Guy and Joshscorcher us that gag too since there are many video game villains like this (Necron from Final Fantasy IX being a controversial example).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Though I just love how it's the marriage he hates the most. It's not Parker's life, or his powers, you know, reasonable wants. Nope, God forbid the two are together, they must die for our ship.
The real villains are the editors. Mesphisto is just the fall guy. But man, I need to find a copy of Spider-Man Grim Hunt. Maybe the MacFarland Spider-Man too.

Sad day both my mario party 5 and 7 are unreadable. I have to rebuy them :(
Mario Party 7 was fun. I still have that game on me. Though it's been a bit since I've played.

Last edited:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
It was immediately after the repercussions of Civil War. Like god forbid we spend more than 5 minutes on Peter Parker's identity being revealed to the masses, nope let's make that go away too along with Mary Jane. HEY THOSE MOVIES EXISTED - I'M SURE NO ONE GAVE A **** ABOUT HER ANYWAY. I WANT TO IMAGINE A TIME WHEN PETER WAS SINGLE THAT DIDN'T REALLY EXIST.

I'M JOE QUESADA, I SWEAT NACHO CHEESE.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh,we're talking about Peter Parker? Alright,time to butcher it.

Peter Parker was molested as a child. It's canon.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
For whatever reason I never got into comic books. It's too bad, because there's an awesome comic book store a short walk away from my apartment. I've gone in there for s's & g's but never bought anything.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Speaking of Peter Parker, can someone explain this thing?

He's called Spider-Ham. And yes, he was around before the Simpsons made Spider-Pig a thing. I know, it's weird. There's also a frog Thor.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's Peter Porker, AKA Spider-Ham. Once a spider living in a basement it was mutated with Pig DNA or something.
After accidentally travelling to a Marvel Zombies Universe he became the Undead Ham.
He got better. Now he's just a talking pig person with spider powers.

And his version of Venom is called Pork Grind. ****ing Spider-Ham and Pork Grind. There's even a future version called Spider-Ham $15.99 lb. As you can tell, the Marvel writers come up with strange ideas sometimes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's Peter Porker, AKA Spider-Ham. Once a spider living in a basement it was mutated with Pig DNA or something.
After accidentally travelling to a Marvel Zombies Universe he became the Undead Ham.
Strange, I've assumed that he was from Howard the Duck's universe since they're both funny animals. Pretty strange how I know of Howard the Duck unlike Spider-Ham since I've read some of his comics (my uncle's been keeping the old ones for a while and I've read the more recent ones in a library) and the awful George Lucas film. :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom