• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Story Time with Bedoop-Man.
The time was June 2013. I bet you know what day it was.
I was hanging out on Pokemon Showdown! (@xSoul) and someone in the lobby in the league I was in at the time (R.I.P. Elitist League, the Blue Shell got the Livestreamer, but that Story's for another time.) said "MEGA MAN CONFIRMED FOR SMASH BROS.!!!"
At the time, I had no idea it was E3. I knew Smash Bros. was spoken of last E3 (R.I.P. Nintendo Channel) so I took it with a grain of salt.
Later, the same man (and only him) said "VILLAGER CONFIRMED FOR SMASH BROS.!!!" and I caught attention. :4villager: and :4mii: were my 2 speculated characters for the newest Smash Bros., plus :4megaman: was my most wanted, so I asked him about it and he linked me the full SSB4 trailer, Mega Man's section included (not Wii Fit Trainer, tho.).
Then, it all began...
"OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! FAITH! LOOKAT THIS!!! MEGA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Waluina and Waluma, Wa Fit Trainer, Walliger, ****y Kong, Wamus, Wat, Warizard, Walk, Waby, Wagaman, ****, Wakachu, Mariwa, Wanic, Warth, Waech, and in the back, Warc-man
For a second I thought ****y Kong was a real character

But it's Swanky Kong

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
So September 29th=october?
That's not logic.
To be fair, I meant to write "when September ends, Smash 3DS comes out" but I goofed up because I was distracted by this delicious poutine I'm having for supper. So technically you're right, but I'd call it a draw :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Speculation exists because some people like to speculate. They really try to get into Sakurai's head and like to come up with rosters that may include some logical choices (or so we think) and some personal faves. Some people also like to debate as well, and as long as things are civilized, I can't see what's wrong. Or maybe some people are just bored -- I can't really criticize what people do with their spare time in that case. Well, that's what I think anyway

It doesn't end there though. Speculation could extend to coming up with support threads, moveset discussion, meeting people who support the same characters as you, and just creative expression in general. I've met many awesome people who have similar interests to me visiting various support and normal threads, so speculation is hardly pointless imo. I'm not as passionate for speculation as I was when I first joined, but I liked the discussions that went on and coming up with gameplay ideas for characters (you should have seen when I was trying to come up with interesting ideas for Roy years ago. Some Roy detractors didn't even pay attention to the moveset ideas, and just expressed their hate for the character. Sad yet funny times).

It's fine if you don't get the appeal of speculating. I don't understand what's appealing when people say "Aw yeah, can't wait 'til all the salty tears come! Seeing all this butthurt is gonna be delicious!" Especially when people are obnoxious about it, it's almost as bad as people whining about the roster. I'm in a blunt mood today But hey, if you have some constructive criticism about the roster, that's fine with me. Nothing's 100% perfect in life. There are some things that irk me about the roster, perhaps someday I'll talk about them too lazy now.

Now, are characters the most important part of the games? Well, different people will have different mindsets and opinions on this question. I'd like to say gameplay and characters should be both important -- having good gamplay and a good character roster aren't mutually exclusive. The problem is if I look at Sakurai's past decisions in regards to gameplay and balance (thank goodness for Bamco now), and his character only polls he constructed in the past. To me, it leans more on characters, and tbh, Smash is a HUGE popular crossover with many iconic characters. Sakurai isn't creating an original fighting game (yes, I am aware that Smash Bros. was originally going to have no Nintendo characters, but that didn't happen. Hmm, I wonder why they made that choice...), so I think it's understandable. Sometimes marketing does come into play.
Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder what would have had happened if Smash Bros. was still known as Dragon King and had no Nintendo characters at all.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder what would have had happened if Smash Bros. was still known as Dragon King and had no Nintendo characters at all.
I probably would never have played it.

I still remember seeing it in the game store for the first time and being excited

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I just realized we have separate slots in our profile for Smash 3D and Smash U. All I can ask is, why?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
DragBoards. Home of the Dragon King community.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I just realized we have separate slots in our profile for Smash 3D and Smash U. All I can ask is, why?
Because the way Smash 3ds and Wii U play are different. A character that you might have trouble using on 3ds might be simple on Wii U.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Because the way Smash 3ds and Wii U play are different. A character that you might have trouble using on 3ds might be simple on Wii U.
That literally makes no sense.

On another note, on the topic of Dragon King, I just made the closest thing possible to a faceless Mii earlier today so I could play as one of the Dragon King characters.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
There wouldn't be Mewtwo and Ridley whinners that's sure

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That literally makes no sense.

On another note, on the topic of Dragon King, I just made the closest thing possible to a faceless Mii earlier today so I could play as one of the Dragon King characters.
Different controllers. Makes sense to me. Also, I like being able to put in two people as my mains, there's another reason.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Kinda wish Nintendo would revisit the idea of making a new fighting game with an unique cast in the future. Maybe even call it Dragon King in reference to the original idea of Smash. It would have to obviously play different than Smash.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Different controllers. Makes sense to me. Also, I like being able to put in two people as my mains, there's another reason.
I just think it's kind of redundant. I mean, how do I indicate the main and the secondary? Notice how many peoples' are "stuttering".

Plus, if for some reason you're worse with one character on 3DS controls, wouldn't you be worse with all characters on 3DS controls?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Maybe Sakurai decided to cut Wolf so that he could say "Can't let you do that", wich i could understand.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I just think it's kind of redundant. I mean, how do I indicate the main and the secondary? Notice how many peoples' are "stuttering".

Plus, if for some reason you're worse with one character on 3DS controls, wouldn't you be worse with all characters on 3DS controls?
Not necessarily. Maybe the way a character controls works better with the 3ds controls than the Wii U's. I'm incredible with megaman on 3ds, but I'm not sure if that'll transfer over to Wii U, since it has different controllers.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Not necessarily. Maybe the way a character controls works better with the 3ds controls than the Wii U's. I'm incredible with megaman on 3ds, but I'm not sure if that'll transfer over to Wii U, since it has different controllers.
I honestly don't see how that's possible. If you're more comfortable with a controller with one character, you'll be more comfortable with a controller with all characters. It's not like some characters spontaneously change their mechanics when you switch controllers.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I honestly don't see how that's possible. If you're more comfortable with a controller with one character, you'll be more comfortable with a controller with all characters. It's not like some characters spontaneously change their mechanics when you switch controllers.
Did I say that their mechanics changed? Cuz I don't remember EVER saying that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Kinda wish Nintendo would revisit the idea of making a new fighting game with an unique cast in the future. Maybe even call it Dragon King in reference to the original idea of Smash. It would have to obviously play different than Smash.
It will come full circle when people start demanding for a Dragon King rep in Smash. :laugh:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It will come full circle when people start demanding for a Dragon King rep in Smash. :laugh:
I have actually heard that. Several times.

Did I say that their mechanics changed? Cuz I don't remember EVER saying that.
Well, that's the only way some characters would do better on some controllers. Especially since the 3DS's layout is very similar to the Wii U Pro/CC Pro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom