• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We did get my LEAST wanted characters in the game

Palutena, Dark Pit and Bowser Jr were my least wanted characters

I'll forgive Bowser Jr for bringing Lemmy along though

Morbi

Scavenger
I just got back from a long demo play session, and I gotta say, this game is amazing. Loved playing link and pikachu.
How long of a demo session? Why did we need to know this? The information regarding how long you played the demo is pertinent, "long" does not even begin to describe what you must have endured. Also, why did you love playing Link and Pikachu? Show do not tell.

Did you also play the full retail version of the game? If not, how did you determine that the game was amazing? Through five characters and one stage? Are you saying that it convinced you to purchase the game? Are you saying that it is so amazing that you do not want to purchase the game because you have the demo? Are you saying that this demo will forever be remembered as one of the best demos of all time? Are you stating that the demo is worth a try? What are you getting at?

Did you not love playing Mario, Villager, or Mega Man? They were also on this so called "amazing" demo; however, you did not even bother mentioning them. Did you only enjoy approximately 50% of the game? In that case, again, how did you determine that the game was amazing? Are your standards just overly low? Have you ever played any other fighting games, namely, ones with more than five characters and one stage?

These questions need answered.

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
How long of a demo session? Why did we need to know this? The information regarding how long you played the demo is pertinent, "long" does not even begin to describe what you must have endured. Also, why did you love playing Link and Pikachu? Show do not tell.

Did you also play the full retail version of the game? If not, how did you determine that the game was amazing? Through five characters and one stage? Are you saying that it convinced you to purchase the game? Are you saying that it is so amazing that you do not want to purchase the game because you have the demo? Are you saying that this demo will forever be remembered as one of the best demos of all time? Are you stating that the demo is worth a try? What are you getting at?

Did you not love playing Mario, Villager, or Mega Man? They were also on this so called "amazing" demo; however, you did not even bother mentioning them. Did you only enjoy approximately 50% of the game? In that case, again, how did you determine that the game was amazing? Are your standards just overly low? Have you ever played any other fighting games, namely, ones with more than five characters and one stage?

These questions need answered.
Yes

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Uh, actually, no it's not, I'm a big fan of the show and have seen all four seasons and I've been hyped for Smash Bros. 3DS since it was announced :glare:

sorry if it I worded it wrong since it sounded like sarcasm, but wasn't :ohwell:
Walking Dead is a great show/comic/game/anything.

D

Deleted member

I don't know why speculation exists, but are the characters the most important part of the games?
The nature of Smash, being a Mascot Fighter, leads to the roster being one of, if not the biggest, part of the games in most peoples eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone wanna hear a cute joke

If you are in a cold room, where can you stand to warm up

The corner. They are usually around 90 degrees.

Also get it, acute joke

Morbi

Scavenger
I did get a lot of my most wanted characters; in order of reveal: :rosalina::4littlemac::4palutena::4robinf::4lucina::4darkpit::4drmario:

My only other "most wanted character" was Black Shadow.

I also got a lot of characters that were not necessarily my most wanted, as I never considered them as likely candidates:
:4wiifit::4greninja::4duckhunt:(I did not realize that he was a Nintendo character, to be utterly honest).

So overall, I am extremely happy with the roster. I did get some of my least favorite characters, however: :4megaman::4pacman::4bowserjr:

In conclusion: this roster ****ing sucks and Sakurai should step down!

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Favorite newcomers: :4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4greninja::4littlemac::4megaman::4pacman::4robinm::4shulk::4villager::4palutena:
Favorite veterans: :4falcon::4drmario::4kirby::4link::4lucario::4mario::4ness::4pikachu::4sonic:

These are the characters I'll probably play as the most :grin:

Walking Dead is a great show/comic/game/anything.
It sure is, I love the comics as well, have both compendiums :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
With solely Takamaru exception, I got all the newcomers I wanted :4palutena::4littlemac::4megaman:
Also while I didn't ask for them, I can't wait to play as :4robinm::4mii::4duckhunt::4lucina::4pacman:
Not to mention, at first I was against :4bowserjr: to be included, but I warmed up to him once I watched the leaked ESRB video
:4villager::4wiifit::4darkpit::rosalina::4shulk::4greninja: look very fun too, so in the end, I'm happy with all the newcomers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What game is the person playing in this video

I wanna find a good Western game

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I posted the song because because at the end of September Smash 3DS comes out. Does your brain work?
Probably, seeing as how Smash comes out at the beginning of October, not the end of September.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I don't know why speculation exists, but are the characters the most important part of the games?
Speculation exists because some people like to speculate. They really try to get into Sakurai's head and like to come up with rosters that may include some logical choices (or so we think) and some personal faves. Some people also like to debate as well, and as long as things are civilized, I can't see what's wrong. Or maybe some people are just bored -- I can't really criticize what people do with their spare time in that case. Well, that's what I think anyway

It doesn't end there though. Speculation could extend to coming up with support threads, moveset discussion, meeting people who support the same characters as you, and just creative expression in general. I've met many awesome people who have similar interests to me visiting various support and normal threads, so speculation is hardly pointless imo. I'm not as passionate for speculation as I was when I first joined, but I liked the discussions that went on and coming up with gameplay ideas for characters (you should have seen when I was trying to come up with interesting ideas for Roy years ago. Some Roy detractors didn't even pay attention to the moveset ideas, and just expressed their hate for the character. Sad yet funny times).

It's fine if you don't get the appeal of speculating. I don't understand what's appealing when people say "Aw yeah, can't wait 'til all the salty tears come! Seeing all this butthurt is gonna be delicious!" Especially when people are obnoxious about it, it's almost as bad as people whining about the roster. I'm in a blunt mood today But hey, if you have some constructive criticism about the roster, that's fine with me. Nothing's 100% perfect in life. There are some things that irk me about the roster, perhaps someday I'll talk about them too lazy now.

Now, are characters the most important part of the games? Well, different people will have different mindsets and opinions on this question. I'd like to say gameplay and characters should be both important -- having good gamplay and a good character roster aren't mutually exclusive. The problem is if I look at Sakurai's past decisions in regards to gameplay and balance (thank goodness for Bamco now), and his character only polls he constructed in the past. To me, it leans more on characters, and tbh, Smash is a HUGE popular crossover with many iconic characters. Sakurai isn't creating an original fighting game (yes, I am aware that Smash Bros. was originally going to have no Nintendo characters, but that didn't happen. Hmm, I wonder why they made that choice...), so I think it's understandable. Sometimes marketing does come into play.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I stopped caring for speculation after E3 2014. The only characters I got in this game that I wanted were Little Mac, Mega Man, Pac-Man and Bowser Jr. However, I'm certainly glad that @Admiral Pit got his Palutena, @Arcadenik got his Duck Hunt Dog, @ Morbi Morbi got her Dark Pit, and @ praline praline got her Lucina. So, while I have very mixed feelings about this roster, I always try to remember that someone, somewhere, wanted this exact roster, and it makes the salt go away. One person's happiness is enough for me.
I'm a girl? Nice that means I have boobs! :denzel:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Uh, actually, no it's not, I'm a big fan of the show and have seen all four seasons and I've been hyped for Smash Bros. 3DS since it was announced :glare:

sorry if it I worded it wrong since it sounded like sarcasm, but wasn't :ohwell:
Cool! Who are your top 5 characters then?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After I finish my current project I wanna work on a Western

It's going to be a fantasy western though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom