• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Of course, that uses problem is meaningless to me given I have the special demo. :shades:

#BraggingRights

Top tier of this game will be :4robinm: and :4ganondorf:. :p

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Is No one besides me going to main Doctor Mario..just curious?
I'm looking forward to play as all characters. The three clones are actually among the characters I want to try out the most.

Been playing the demo for the last few days and the game feels really good.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
where do you check how many usages you have for the demo because I never seen a number anywhere for mine?

Also, can you have gif avis on this site? I tried uploading mine but it didn't take it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Here's something I got to think about...

This is something Sakurai wrote about the All-Star mode in Brawl.
Sakurai said:
When they’re all written down like this, we can see that there was almost a six-year gap before the release of Pikmin and over six years since.

There have been some big releases recently, such as "Animal Crossing", "Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain" and "Wii Sports", but there hasn’t really been a new character-driven series. I guess it’s not easy coming up with something original nowadays.
While he did add Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, you notice how most characters are inspired by very recent games: Bowser Jr. from the New Super Mario Bros. series (2006 onward), Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy (2007), Little Mac from Punch-Out!! Wii (2009), Palutena and Dark Pit from Kid Icarus: Uprising (2012), Shulk from Xenoblade (2010), Robin and Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012/2013) and Greninja from Pokémon X/Y (2013).

Note: I'm aware Bowser Jr.'s debut is Super Mario Sunshine, but the fact he uses the Clown Car and has the Koopalings as alts makes him seem more inspired by his recent appearances.

The only exceptions to this are Pac-Man, Mega Man and Duck Hunt that are inspired by classic/retro games.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Here's something I got to think about...

This is something Sakurai wrote about the All-Star mode in Brawl.

While he did add Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, you notice how most characters are inspired by very recent games: Bowser Jr. from the New Super Mario Bros. series (2006 onward), Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy (2007), Little Mac from Punch-Out!! Wii (2009), Palutena and Dark Pit from Kid Icarus: Uprising (2012), Shulk from Xenoblade (2010), Robin and Lucina from Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012/2013) and Greninja from Pokémon X/Y (2013).

Note: I'm aware Bowser Jr.'s debut is Super Mario Sunshine, but the fact he uses the Clown Car and has the Koopalings as alts makes him seem more inspired by his recent appearances.

The only exceptions to this are Pac-Man, Mega Man and Duck Hunt that are inspired by classic/retro games.
Yeah, the inclusions got me thinking as well. Is this Smash: the Females Edition or Smash: the Relevancy Edition?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm planning to use him, though he won't be a top priority.

Yeah, the inclusions got me thinking as well. Is this Smash: the Females Edition or Smash: the Relevancy Edition?
It's Smash Bros: "Everything is lies" edition. That's what you'd think when you look at the majority of the speculation rosters anyways.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I downloaded the demo this morning and only have 10 uses now. I should be better at that kind of thing.
I'm on my first use still. I just kept my 3DS on sleep mode whenever I'm not using it. I'm milking this demo for all it's worth. I can't wait to the get the full game in my hands.

I'm going to have to get used to Mario again. After playing who knows how many matches as Mega Man. But at least Mega Man is someone I'm decent at now. All of those Lv 9 CPU fights haven't gone to waste, at least not yet.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm on my first use still. I just kept my 3DS on sleep mode whenever I'm not using it. I'm milking this demo for all it's worth. I can't wait to the get the full game in my hands.

I'm going to have to get used to Mario again. After play who knows how many matches as Mega Man. But at least Mega Man is someone I'm decent at now. All of those Lv 9 CPU fights haven't gone to waste, at least not yet.
I'll admit, Mario is the only character I can hold my own with against Level 9 CPUs. Everyone else I'm mediocre with.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm bored.
Bored, bored, bored, bored, bored...
I gotta find something to do... =~=

D

Deleted member

Sigh, they released a new kindle with only touch controls, STOP MAKING EVERYTHING TOUCH, I want buttons damnit.
Well, Apple is the one company who ''popularized the idea of touch controls'', so RIP buttons.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ooh, they have full renders of some of the characters now

Not in the best quality though, there is pixilation

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's Smash Bros: "Everything is lies" edition. That's what you'd think when you look at the majority of the speculation rosters anyways.
Which is why speculation always ends up being pointless. :smirk:

I'll admit, Mario is the only character I can hold my own with against Level 9 CPUs. Everyone else I'm mediocre with.
I can win against Lv 9 CPUs with any of the five demo characters.

Link is my personal best, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I'd prefer waiting for the 3000x3000 size renders from the main site.
Only problem is I don't think we'll ever get a full render of Lemmy on the site

We don't have a full render of Alph

Radayam

Smash Apprentice
I've read that Little Mac has low jump height. Is it low to the point that vertical platforming can be an issue? I'd rather not have to use recovery moves just to reach something slightly above me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Fighting games, yes. Others, not as much,with exception of maybe action games.
I guess. It could be worse. Imagine Mario Kart roster speculation. That'd be damn near pointless.

At least in Smash, different characters will almost always vary between one another.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Hey, @ Bedoop Bedoop , they're talking to you.
Smash: The Ridley Fanboys Rage Edition
Ooh, they have full renders of some of the characters now

Not in the best quality though, there is pixilation
:4sonic:: YOU'RE TOO SLOW!!!
Can I just say how much I love Nintendo of UK's Twitter? :laugh:
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/513387319978885120
I thought Nintendo was pretty much aware of it since the For Glory mode was announced.

Soul.

I don't know why speculation exists, but are the characters the most important part of the games?
Apparently, they are. That's why you see a lot of support threads until game leaks come out and then the "All characters unlocked!" message appears.
September 12th was a disaster here, lmao.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom