• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I just love how Villager's slingshot projectile can cancel out Link's smashes.

Anyway, does anyone know the alternate track for Rainbow Road?

Last edited by a moderator:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I just love how Villager's slingshot projectile can cancel out Link's smashes.

Anyway, does anyone know the alternate track for Rainbow Road?
A medley of Rainbow Road I believe.

I personally really love this medley. (Even if I can't recognize where all of them are from). <3

D

Deleted member

Why.

The default track is already a remix of that song. Why waste the other slot on the exact same theme?

A medley of Rainbow Road I believe.

I personally really love this medley. (Even if I can't recognize where all of them are from). <3
Isn't that the default track though?

I like that theme though. It includes the DS Rainbow Road theme.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Speaking of the Smash 3DS soundtrack, it feels a lot like a "Lite" version of what will be the Wii U soundtrack.

I'm pretty sure all songs featured on the handheld version will be on the Wii U version as part of the My Music feature.

Something that bothers me on the 3DS selection is... I don't really know how to explain it, so I'll just ramble along...

Pokémon music only covers Black/White and X/Y. Feels lacking without some music from older games.

All Kid Icarus music is from Uprising, so the same criticisms for the Pokémon series apply here.
Wrath of the Reset Bomb has two versions, one remixed for the stage and the original version as an extra. Two versions of Dark Pit's theme are also featured: the ground theme for the stage and the aerial version as an extra. This feels very redundant. Boss Battle 1 (original) and Inside the Space-Pirate Ship (remix) are the other songs.

Metroid really got the short end of the stick by only featuring the two Melee songs: Brinstar and Brinstar Depths. Likewise, Yoshi only has two songs from Brawl.

Kirby mostly gets 8-bit songs for the Game Boy stage. It also has the new Green Greens remix and Legendary Air Ride Machine from Brawl.

Fire Emblem, Xenoblade and Sonic don't have any new remixes, as great as some of the soundtracks from these series are, it still feels lacking.

Donkey Kong has Kongo Jungle from Smash 64, Gear Getaway from DKCR and the Brawl mix of Bramble Blast. Few songs, but there's variety here. Oddly enough, the Jungle Japes theme from Melee isn't in the game.

Let's not even talk about F-Zero, shall we?

The only series that I feel that have more robust song selections are Mario and Zelda, featuring songs from different games, both old and new. The rest of the series have kind of lackluster song selections...

Then again, I might be a little spoiled by Brawl's immense soundtrack. The Wii U version will likely stomp the 3DS soundtrack to dust.
I guess I was too busy swooning over the awesome selection of songs Mario got to really notice. (Paper Mario Medley and SMB3 Medley - my head exploded.) I did notice the sore lack of DK and Yoshi songs though.

Sakurai did say the the Wii U version will have a 'treasure trove' of songs, so let's hope he keeps his word.

D

Deleted member

Is it? Haven't played the full game yet. If that is the case, then it's this song:
Yup, that's a direct port of 7's Rainbow Road theme.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

D

Deleted member

Mario, why would you ever go underneath the edge against Villager? You want a bowling ball to the face or something?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Is there a thread dedicated to the use of customs moves in tourneys? 'Cause I wanna talk about that.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Demo final thoughts

Pros
Final Smashes can be performed
Pikachu and Villager can be used
You can change the CPU level

Cons
Too many great characters are not playable
Not much fun without Yoshi, Sonic, or Robin
I WANNA PLAY ON OTHER STAGES, DAMMIT!!!
What happend to... "i'm not gonna download the demo"?

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Is this game as terrible as The Sims 3? I assume it is, because it's made by EA, but I'm curious to know if I'm right.
Better Sim facial customization, but everywhere else it's not as good as Sims 3.

That's what I've heard anyways.

D

Deleted member

Just killed Mario at 16%.

Back throw off the cliff with Villager, then hit with forward air. OK.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Guys, I've been thinking...

If two vegetarians get into an argument, is it still considered "beef"?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Four things to say:
1-Morning, Smashboards

2-Happy Birthday to me!

3-Avatar change to Gwen Stacy Spider-Woman, cause I love her

4-

So what's next? Gundam? Transformers? Doraemon? IDOLM@STER (Please NO)? Marvel? Well, at least we know they'll never do Mega Man.

D

Deleted member

The trailers made Villager's up special look so easy to block...

Four things to say:
1-Morning, Smashboards

2-Happy Birthday to me!

3-Avatar change to Gwen Stacy Spider-Woman, cause I love her

4-

So what's next? Gundam? Transformers? Doraemon? IDOLM@STER (Please NO)? Marvel? Well, at least we know they'll never do Mega Man.
Speaking of Mr. Resetti, he'd better be in the Wii U version, he doesn't appear to be in Smash 3DS.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Guys, I've been thinking...

If two vegetarians get into an argument, is it still considered "beef"?
Well, i'm a vegetarian. And i've never been in an argument with another vegetarian. So... we're back to square one. You're welcome for me not anwsering your question.

D

Deleted member

I heard Mew2King made an SSB4 Tier List...can anyone confirm?
So Mew2King wants attention? What else is new? I will never understand why someone would want to make a tier list for game that's only been out for a week. It'll be super inaccurate within weeks of discovering new stuff. Brawl waited 6 months before their first list, and it's super inaccurate now.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
TOP TIER
My favorite characters

MID TIER
The rest

LOW TIER
Your favorite characters

Everything that deviates from that is objectively, figuratively, literally, really, metaphorically wrong.
Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TOP TIER
My favorite characters

MID TIER
The rest

LOW TIER
Your favorite characters

Everything that deviates from that is objectively, figuratively, literally, really, metaphorically wrong.
Thank you for your understanding.
Basically every "tier list" made by one person ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom