• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
This is it. This is totally it. As a black man, this is literally exactly what I hear when I listen to the most ghetto of black women in absolutely any and every conversation.
It is my theory that all government officials and world leaders revert to this vernacular when removed from the public eye.

Obama, Putin, Kim Jong-Un, Stephen Harper, the Pope.

What a day it will be when WikiLeaks gets a hand on their private telephone conversations.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
That reminds me, the first thing I'm going to do when I get my copy along with @Tactician Aaron is toss the same bowling ball back and forth with two Villagers.
Hot Potato Mode:

1 - Get four Villagers.

2 - Give the designated "It" person a Bowling Ball to Pocket.

3 - The Villager's who's "It" chases the other three, trying to pass the Ball.

4 - Other Villagers must either Pocket to prevent getting hit, or get hit (and become It).

5 - If the person who's It fails to drop the Ball onto someone (i.e. whiffs), stop being friends with them IRL.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
No Items
A Tree/Bowling Ball/Megaman's Dog
Villager's Pocket only
FINAL DESTINATION

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got to fight someone in smash 4 today

The demo only has local wireless, but I found someone at work that actually had the demo

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
What's next for MH Metroid Starr Fox? Will you get scolded for resetting the game now with Ressetti in it?

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Isabelle confirmed for Smash 6.

I'm supporting K. Rool, Ridley, Isabelle, FeNew Protagonist, Flavor of the Month Pokemon, Bandana Dee, Captain Syrup and Mach Rider when Smash 6 comes out. If they don't make it as DLC.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Obligatory for doubles teams with Pit and Dark Pit.

Shame Wobbuffet isn't in this game. That would add a layer of hilarity to this.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Isabelle, meh, but I'l be ok with that. The thing that needs to happen though, is replacing Villager with Tom Nook. Villager is like a Mii-esque avatar, not really a character on his own, and while I really like his inclusion... it really should have been Tom Nook. With the same moveset.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I haven't played VVVVVV, but I know and love this track:

Represents the eternal rage of Arin Hanson.
Ah yes, those rooms. No joke, when I first beat the game, half of my deaths came from that (and I believe I died around 1100-1300 times).

I actually LOVE positive force, but predestined fate goes second since it really helps me when I want to think.
I'll agree to Positive Force. Then again, most if not all of the soundtrack is at least good.

ecaflip

Smash Cadet
Isabelle, meh, but I'l be ok with that. The thing that needs to happen though, is replacing Villager with Tom Nook. Villager is like a Mii-esque avatar, not really a character on his own, and while I really like his inclusion... it really should have been Tom Nook. With the same moveset.
Oh man, I hadn't thought about that. Tom nook would be pretty awesome as a playable. Crazy Redd as an alt :3

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Isabelle sure pops up a lot lately. She's becoming the Rosalina of Animal Crossing.
Shadow did the whole "pop up in tons of games due to popularity" thing first. Tingle too. Now Rosalina just needs her own true game. Galaxy was kind of close since she's a huge star of it, but Mario is still the main character.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of the Smash 3DS soundtrack, it feels a lot like a "Lite" version of what will be the Wii U soundtrack.

I'm pretty sure all songs featured on the handheld version will be on the Wii U version as part of the My Music feature.

Something that bothers me on the 3DS selection is... I don't really know how to explain it, so I'll just ramble along...

Pokémon music only covers Black/White and X/Y. Feels lacking without some music from older games.

All Kid Icarus music is from Uprising, so the same criticisms for the Pokémon series apply here.
Wrath of the Reset Bomb has two versions, one remixed for the stage and the original version as an extra. Two versions of Dark Pit's theme are also featured: the ground theme for the stage and the aerial version as an extra. This feels very redundant. Boss Battle 1 (original) and Inside the Space-Pirate Ship (remix) are the other songs.

Metroid really got the short end of the stick by only featuring the two Melee songs: Brinstar and Brinstar Depths. Likewise, Yoshi only has two songs from Brawl.

Kirby mostly gets 8-bit songs for the Game Boy stage. It also has the new Green Greens remix and Legendary Air Ride Machine from Brawl.

Fire Emblem, Xenoblade and Sonic don't have any new remixes, as great as some of the soundtracks from these series are, it still feels lacking.

Donkey Kong has Kongo Jungle from Smash 64, Gear Getaway from DKCR and the Brawl mix of Bramble Blast. Few songs, but there's variety here. Oddly enough, the Jungle Japes theme from Melee isn't in the game.

Let's not even talk about F-Zero, shall we?

The only series that I feel that have more robust song selections are Mario and Zelda, featuring songs from different games, both old and new. The rest of the series have kind of lackluster song selections...

Then again, I might be a little spoiled by Brawl's immense soundtrack. The Wii U version will likely stomp the 3DS soundtrack to dust.

D

Deleted member

Then again, I might be a little spoiled by Brawl's immense soundtrack. The Wii U version will likely stomp the 3DS soundtrack to dust.
People saying they need more characters to hype up the Wii U Release? Nah, they could just advertise the music. It'll work.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Demo final thoughts

Pros
Final Smashes can be performed
Pikachu and Villager can be used
You can change the CPU level

Cons
Too many great characters are not playable
Not much fun without Yoshi, Sonic, or Robin
I WANNA PLAY ON OTHER STAGES, DAMMIT!!!

D

Deleted member

Cons
Too many great characters are not playable
Not much fun without Yoshi, Sonic, or Robin
I WANNA PLAY ON OTHER STAGES, DAMMIT!!!
I don't think any of those count as valid complaints. It's a demo. It's supposed to make you want to buy the game. It exists to let people test out the physics, controls, and other stuff before the game comes out. I want to play as Shulk and Greninja, but I'll wait until the 3rd and happily spam bowling balls for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom