• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So, everybody knows that Bowser Jr.'s down tilt is called the *slurping noises*
SO NOW WE CALLING LITTLE MAC'S NEUTRAL B THE DING DING BECAUSE THERE'S A DING DING WHEN HE GETS DAT FULL METER

IMAGINE THE COMMENTARY NOW

"ROY HITS HIM WITH THE *slurping noises* BUT SMALL BURGER GETS THE DING DING ON HIM, OH, OHHHHH *hype*"

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So much power.
And thus, Greninja was completely removed from existence. Vaporized by the fists of two dudes. Two dudes who just didn't give a ****.

But don't worry, he's a Pokemon, so there's more where he came from.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I found something that could be good against Villager Players.

Apparently,if you time it just right,you can deflect Villager's foward smash,and let it hit him/her using (Dr.)Mario's Cape.
It does massive damage. So much massive damage that I demand .gifs of massive damage.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yay demo! Link feels much, much, much, much, much, much, *repeats much 50 more times* better than in any SSB games I have played - I never played Project M before. Holy crap is he fast, fluid, and powerful compared to the past incarnations. He is truly worthy of the title of: Hero of er... Smash? Zelda? Links? Whatever, Link's good. Also, jump attack is awesome, but risky if you screw up your distance - you'll just jump right over. I will definitely play as Link as a fighter now than for nostalgia.

Mario feels really off. I was never a Mario player, but I do play Luigi a lot and I'd say they're similar enough where you can have some skill in either character. Maybe it's spacing issues, unfamiliarity with the 3DS's layout - B and A are "switched" compared to most layouts - or something. I can't pick up and play as him like I did with Pikachu, Link, and Mega Man.

Speaking of the mega man, he feels great and unique. Mega Man's style is much more different than any other character I have played as. Since his neutral A, side-tilt, and nair are just pellet shots - I don't know the official name -, he lacks that oomf or regular combo feel like everyone else, but that gives him more range. Also, his side smash is out of this world! My go-to kill move right there. It's also fun having personal sticky bombs and using the Shoryuken. I might not use him often, but he's a breath of fresh air.

Pikachu has new animations and they're sorta cute. Play style seems familiar as far as I can remember, but I really need to work my distance and combo-ing skills. I'm more used to rush-down characters, characters who have "moving" attacks like Fox's side smash or Snake's dash attack, or Ike's sword distance - maybe that's why I'm having trouble with Mario.

Haven't played as the Villager yet. Probably won't for some reason. It's their eyes, I tell you! Murderous eyes that stare into your soul.

I wished there were more characters to choose. Why not have Samus, Kirby, and Fox too? Whatever, just 2 more weeks.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Mario and Luigi are not similar in playstyle unless it is 64. They play radically different in the other games.
They share some moves which at least gives you a feeling of how it might work like down smash, up smash, nair, bair, uair, and in functionally, neutral special. I remember playing Luigi and Mario fine in Brawl and Melee - probably 64 too, but I was too young to remember -, but the demo really threw me for a loop when everything felt like it changed.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yay demo! Link feels much, much, much, much, much, much, *repeats much 50 more times* better than in any SSB games I have played - I never played Project M before. Holy crap is he fast, fluid, and powerful compared to the past incarnations. He is truly worthy of the title of: Hero of er... Smash? Zelda? Links? Whatever, Link's good. Also, jump attack is awesome, but risky if you screw up your distance - you'll just jump right over. I will definitely play as Link as a fighter now than for nostalgia.
THIS, Link now really feels like a worthy holder of the Triforce of Courage too, ready to attack, respond, and use his arsenal with a lot of freedom (and with freedom I mean less lag) his new Dash is awesome and a strong finisher and the arrows improved too, I became a sniper with them, useful to flinch hard and gimp recoveries because their horizontal knockback.

D

Deleted member

I'm using Mario the most in the demo. I have no problem with the default controls, for some reason. :troll:

Soul.

I'm using Mario the most in the demo. I have no problem with the default controls, for some reason. :troll:
I'm not having problems either lol. I don't know why are people making the controls of the 3DS a big deal. Just get used to them and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
THIS, Link now really feels like a worthy holder of the Triforce of Courage too, ready to attack, respond, and use his arsenal with a lot of freedom (and with freedom I mean less lag) his new Dash is awesome and a strong finisher and the arrows improved too, I became a sniper with them, useful to flinch hard and gimp recoveries because their horizontal knockback.
I also love that he back-flips for his back roll now instead of well, rolling back.

I'm not having problems either lol. I don't know why are people making the controls of the 3DS a big deal. Just get used to them and you'll be fine.
I'm just used to having A and B switched around so I find myself doing stupid stuff. I probably will switch them when I get the game or pull a Devil May Cry layout with B being Jump, Y as attack, A or X as Special, and I might have the other unused button as grab since I keep forgetting that L is grab and not R.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because they can be somewhat uncomfortable to play with and the 3DS isn't the best platform for a fighting game.
Especially if you have big mongoloid hands like I do.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Pikachu has new animations and they're sorta cute.
SO MUCH THIIIIS!!

Have you tried pausing when Pika's just finishing his Down Smash? He like sits and spins on the ground now... really adorable. I like a lot of the new animations. I just wished some victory animations (and maybe taunts) for some vets got changed up.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
SO MUCH THIIIIS!!

Have you tried pausing when Pika's just finishing his Down Smash? He like sits and spins on the ground now... really adorable. I like a lot of the new animations. I just wished some victory animations (and maybe taunts) for some vets got changed up.
No, but I could tell immediately after using Side Smash that Pikachu has new animations, so I checked Down and it was adorably new, I don't know about Up Smash though, since I never really used Pikachu and if I did, I remember using his Side and Down Smashes a lot.

Last edited:

Soul.

I also love that he back-flips for his back roll now instead of well, rolling back.

I'm just used to having A and B switched around so I find myself doing stupid stuff. I probably will switch them when I get the game or pull a Devil May Cry layout with B being Jump, Y as attack, A or X as Special, and I might have the other unused button as grab since I keep forgetting that L is grab and not R.
First thing I'll do with the full version is change the L and R buttons. L will be shield and R will be grab. I have been able to autocancel Pikachu's down air consistently. A while ago, I K.O'd Mega Man with a sweetspotted forward smash at 117%.
Because they can be somewhat uncomfortable to play with and the 3DS isn't the best platform for a fighting game.
Especially if you have big mongoloid hands like I do.
Neither is a poorly selling Wii. :troll:(obviously kidding).
Meh, I'm really not interested on the Wii U so what do I know. I already got used to the game's controls.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I found something that could be good against Villager Players.

Apparently,if you time it just right,you can deflect Villager's foward smash,and let it hit him/her using (Dr.)Mario's Cape.
It does massive damage. So much massive damage that I demand .gifs of massive damage.
yeah it's a projectile. villager can pocket it, even.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I know I won't have any problems with the controls once I get the full version and can change them to my liking. But default controls are annoying, especially tap jump.

But this is coming from a guy who has a weird GCC set-up.

Z = attack
L= jump
A = shield
X = grab
Tap jump off

Everything else is default.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
First thing I'll do with the full version is change the L and R buttons. L will be shield and R will be grab. I have been able to autocancel Pikachu's down air consistently. A while ago, I K.O'd Mega Man with a sweetspotted forward smash at 117%.

Neither is a poorly selling Wii. :troll:(obviously kidding).
Meh, I'm really not interested on the Wii U so what do I know. I already got used to the game's controls.
The most recent fighting game I played since the demo was the King of Fighters XIII and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 so, stuff feels much different and I find myself using up for jump way more than I did back then before I played UMvC3. I might switch to the DMC layout since it makes "sense" as most games have the bottom button as jump, leftmost as some form of an attack, rightmost as a special, and top as an interaction or another form of an attack.

I really don't know why Nintendo went with this layout aside from taking note from the Gamecube controller which if you mash up the buttons into a diamond, it would look like that, but even then, the GC controller had spacing, size and shape differentiating, and a different feedback whereas the 3DS has less spacing and a different feel - jumping feels a bit more forced than on the GC controller for me.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yes, The controls are really easy to learn and use; My first move in the demo was an accdiental taunt, but 1 hour later I was fighting Lv. 9 CPUs it's like my Smash Bros. skills from Brawl/Melee were imported to this game.

Soul.

I know I won't have any problems with the controls once I get the full version and can change them to my liking. But default controls are annoying, especially tap jump.

But this is coming from a guy who has a weird GCC set-up.

Z = attack
L= jump
A = shield
X = grab
Tap jump off

Everything else is default.
A is shield? That sure is weird.
The most recent fighting game I played since the demo was the King of Fighters XIII and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 so, stuff feels much different and I find myself using up for jump way more than I did back then before I played UMvC3. I might switch to the DMC layout since it makes "sense" as most games have the bottom button as jump, leftmost as some form of an attack, rightmost as a special, and top as an interaction or another form of an attack.

I really don't know why Nintendo went with this layout aside from taking note from the Gamecube controller which if you mash up the buttons into a diamond, it would look like that, but even then, the GC controller had spacing, size and shape differentiating, and a different feedback whereas the 3DS has less spacing and a different feel - jumping feels a bit more forced than on the GC controller for me.
You can change them to what fits you the most. The full version has a training mode so you can try the different control combinations, or just try them out in the control layout thing in the Games and More section. The 3DS controls are fine for me, honestly. Probably because it's some kind of "new experience."
Yes, The controls are really easy to learn and use; My first move in the demo was an accdiental taunt, but 1 hour later I was fighting Lv. 9 CPUs it's like my Smash Bros. skills from Brawl/Melee were imported to this game.
Same. First thing I did was go autocancel Pikachu's down air. Then try out the rest of the moves and characters. As you play, those skills are slowly imported to new games.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
A is shield? That sure is weird.
Because with Z set to attack why bother keeping A at shield? L is set to jump instead of shield now but having a second shield button is useful for OOS stuff, another reason why L is set to jump to make certain OOS options easier.

The only thing left for me to do is to get my GCC modded by taking out the springs in the L/R buttons.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How do you Shoryuken with Mega Man as opposed to His up smash?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The controls are very intuitive and is easy to hold the console while playing (This makes me feel bad about Hamayama and the guys who already broke their circular pads)

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Not everyone is you, buddy. If it doesn't feel good for them, then it doesn't feel good for them.

And I agree. This actually is quite a pain. If I could change it so A & X were to jump, B was for normal attacks and Y was for specials all like my controls for the CCPro are, I'd be a little more comfortable. Being able to turn off Tap Jump would also help, as well as more shoulder buttons and a C-Stick.

But that all equals out me wanting a "New" 3DS and the full version of the game. XD

ZangooseQTR

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zangoose
i love the demo but to me personally the controls just seem off, Like they aren't as solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom