• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
He was also banned when Ridley was deconfirmed via the direct, but came back when they started grasping at straws again.

Also there is this Golden thread on the Dr. Mario subforum (edit:ninja'd)
Wow. He's like every Ridley supporter stereotype rolled up into one. The tantrums, the straw grasping, the fact that he put Ridley in the center of his posts, how he hates everything and everyone because they're not Ridley. It's like a strawman came to life.

...Oh how it reminds me of myself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Apparently, all of Lucas's specials are available as custom options for Ness.

Fox has a Fox Flash special which is based on Wolf's Wolf Flash.
Yeah, the Lucas thing has been known for a while, but Wolf Flash is new information to be. Does it not induce helpless like the default side special?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, let's not get too overboard with bashing him, okay?

This is the Social thread and all, and I know I was the one who brought this up, but come on.
Going to say this from personal experience; Probably best to avoid bringing up a non-favorite member if you don't want them to be bashed.

I agree, definitely should not be bashed. But that's the same reason to never bring it up. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow. He's like every Ridley supporter stereotype rolled up into one. The tantrums, the straw grasping, the fact that he put Ridley in the center of his posts, how he hates everything and everyone because they're not Ridley. It's like a strawman came to life.

Why hate on a game just because a fan-favorite character doesn't appear? Meh.
Maybe that's like.. Mariotehplumber. :troll:
But seriously I agree.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, the Lucas thing has been known for a while, but Wolf Flash is new information to be. Does it not induce helpless like the default side special?
I think it does and also has that sweetspot at the end of the move that meteor smashes the foe.

Going to say this from personal experience; Probably best to avoid bringing up a non-favorite member if you don't want them to be bashed.

I agree, definitely should not be banned. But that's the same reason to never bring it up. :)
Well, I didn't expect all of this to happen, to be honest... I just wanted to make a point of how not to post on an Internet forum.

Guess one is incapable of making good decisions past 2 AM...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, I didn't expect all of this to happen, to be honest... I just wanted to make a point of how not to post on an Internet forum.

Guess one is incapable of making good decisions past 2 AM...
I meant to say "should not be bashed". I edited that. It happens, man. At least you're still trying to make sure the rules are followed. :)

Nobody is perfect, right? Trying your best is all that matters. And you're doing a great job.

Morbi

Scavenger

I will still straw-grasp for Ridley, there is NO way that reveal was not counter-intuitive. Something is certainly amiss. Deal with it. :4jigglypuff:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm curious about what Sakurai will say about Dark Pit in regards to game play differences compared to Pit.

Same for the Great King and changes from Brawl.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
@ Digital Hazard Digital Hazard

If you want to see the post in real life, here's the link: The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - T-minus 100 until implosion

I'm not really a kind of guy who laughs behind other people's backs when they can't defend themselves, but the last 100 (I think?) posts of D-idara are all butthurt and delicious salty.
Time to go Giant Peach up in here... *ahem*

Once there was a fellow named D-idara
Whom wore a
Ridley-plastered Tiara
Then the Doc came around
D-i' started to frown
And Ridley was nowhere to be found~

Then D-i' went and snapped
They popped and they cracked
Being Salty as Fries on X-Treme
The the Mods came to Town
Laid the big Hammer down
and now D-i' is nowhere to be seen~

A-Thank you. A-Thank you. :4drmario:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I will still straw-grasp for Ridley, there is NO way that reveal was not counter-intuitive. Something is certainly amiss. Deal with it. :4jigglypuff:
It's more than that. It's like what MonK4 said. Sure we can yell at him, mock him, call him an idiot. But let's face it, we've all been there. We've grasped straws, vented anger, said things that in retrospect we probably shouldn't had. That doesn't make us bad, or evil, it just makes us flawed.

I mean, heck, if you want an example. There was a debate I had with N3ON over Dr. Mario. And I pulled arguable the worst evidence you could think of. I backtracked, I contradicted myself quite a bit, it was clear that I lost and should have backed down (or simply say I just preferred him due to biases. That would have easily solved most of the problems I made). And when it was said and done, I left it with the most melodramatic comment one could think of. Along the levels of D-idara.
But does that make me bad?

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I was about to like this, but. . .
During another classic 'Melee vs Brawl' episode (which really wasn't the crux of the issue), we had a private conversation. It was a very long lived topic, and everyone was going back
I remember that thread like it was yesterday. Probably site to some of my lowest and highest moments as a member of smashboards.
One thing's for sure though, I do wish @elatedshyguy would have posted more after that thread.
(It was never locked, though.)
I'm curious about what Sakurai will say about Dark Pit in regards to game play differences compared to Pit.

Same for the Great King and changes from Brawl.
A developer direct about his thoughts on all the characters would be amazing

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I think DLC for both versions is a pretty reasonable case right now. But let's say he's a stage hazard. Who would replace him? Would he force Omega Mode on that stage? There is some stuff to think about. Programming isn't an issue either. All we've seen is that he can fly and grab people(and throw them, I guess, like Master Hand). This is not "immense" programming at all. Also, his grab is definitely a character-like grab. Which Master Hand has since Melee as well. It's strange.

Of course, he could be a unique stage hazard with the ability to grab characters similar to how a character does it. The way he flied was suspicious too. There are factors that makes it odd. The idea of a playable boss that would obviously be playable in the 3DS version with dlc or something also has merit. I'd love to play as Master Hand, and for Master Core, they could just give you a specific moveset to use, or you could choose one of his many ones(like you choose with Mii Fighters).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Of course, the only time I decide to sing is the time I get the bottom-page curse. :4villager:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I must admit I'm not the sort of guy to rant much. At least when it concerns about the content of a video game. It sucks when some elements from previous games are removed on a sequel, but in the end, it's just that: a game. If you're not having fun with it, what's the point?

More often than not, the new content makes up for the removed stuff. It was the case with Brawl when I found Mewtwo was gone and it's the same thing for this game.

I tend to vent my frustrations about other people, though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*Puts a coin in your slot so you can sing again* You are a Juke Box now!
Time to go Giant Peach up in here... *ahem*

Once there was a fellow named D-idara
Whom wore a
Ridley-plastered Tiara
Then the Doc came around
D-i' started to frown
And Ridley was nowhere to be found~

Then D-i' went and snapped
They popped and they cracked
Being Salty as Fries on X-Treme
The the Mods came to Town
Laid the big Hammer down
and now D-i' is nowhere to be seen~

A-Thank you. A-Thank you. :4drmario:
Pay up. :4villager:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I must admit I'm not the sort of guy to rant much. At least when it concerns about the content of a video game. It sucks when some elements from previous games are removed on a sequel, but in the end, it's just that: a game. If you're not having fun with it, what's the point?

More often than not, the new content makes up for the removed stuff. It was the case with Brawl when I found Mewtwo was gone and it's the same thing for this game.

I tend to vent my frustrations about other people, though.
Also, rule of thumb; If you don't enjoy it, don't play. It's okay to explain why you don't, provided you at least played the game so you have legitimate reasons to not be happy. I hate Unleashed, but I played a lot of it as is so I have reasons to. I love 06. I played tons of it too.

Then again, I have a weird selection of games I like and dislike. And it entirely depends on many factors. For me, Quest 64 > Brawl. However, that doesn't mean when it comes to a review based upon many details of the game(I tell it like it is, presuming I can really play well through the game to give a detailed review), my preference will not determine my review entirely. I have given Quest 64 a 3/10. Brawl I'd at least give a 7/10 minimum. I don't think enough reviewers tend to try and remove their bias a bit in order to give all information at a neutral glance. They are opinions, but still. Tell the good and bad as equal as possible. Let that determine the review overall, not your direct bias.

Same reason why I would love everyone back in Smash 4 via DLC if possible. Even if I don't like the character at all. Is it relevant? Nope. Some do, which is good enough for me. :)

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

I'm sure Robin should count as royalty anyways as Validar becomes King of Plegia, thus making Robin the prince/princess, also
Shulk should be with the divine entities

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Of course, the only time I decide to sing is the time I get the bottom-page curse. :4villager:
I remember at one point, I got first page on the potd thread 4 times in a row, got excited and basically, I earned a warning for off topic (and I think spamming because I made a fuss about it, lol).

The reasons is also even more pointless, it was for people to see my sig lol.

Yeah, I was living slow times with my thread. Tough, posting in potd did helped in the long run.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Gotta love how a Cheese Wheel, Maniquen and Someone that isn't even an inch and can't breathe normal oxygen fall under "Ordinary People" :4pacman: :4wiifit: :4olimar:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ornstein and Smough were by far the hardest part of my DS playthrough. It got to the point where I just said "**** it" and summoned 2 people to help me because Solaire was barely helping me.
Anor Londo being a hotspot for invasions didn't help things either.
Ha, it took forever for me to defeat them and I was 20+ levels above the average level for Anor Londo.
I always played offline.

I actually chose to take on Super Ornstein because I wanted his armor/ring and found him less stressful, and Solaire actually saved me because he would repeatedly get caught by Ornstein's skewer move while I just wail on him.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Man October is gonna be great. Season 5 of Walking Dead, Season 4 of Grimm, American Horror Story: Freak Show, and SSB for the 3DS!
Oh, yeah The Walking Dead is one of the best shows ever :awesome: that's something to get hyped up about as well as Smash Bros 3DS :colorful:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom