• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still, I didn't know Di-Dara was banned. Huh. Guess the salt finally got to him.

See, you're playing as Mario, so you're cool.

My problem is that I'm playing as Mega Man. I love him, but MAN is he hard to learn. XD
I'll admit, with Mega Man, I tend to like him more than I'm good with him. I get what they want you to do (a keep-away character with an emphasis on spacing), it's just the execution is a little awkward.

D

Deleted member

Still, I didn't know Di-Dara was banned. Huh. Guess the salt finally got to him.
He seemed to go from the tone "This is the best game ever" to "This is the worst game ever" incredibly quickly.
Not to mention his general attitude and his "I'm always right" viewpoint got on my nerves a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I need one more guy for my custom cards against humanity game.

Does anyone want to join?

(it's free and doesn't need an account. also may be innapropriate at times. enter at own risk)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Di-Dara confirmed Salt Hoarder :troll:

In all seriousness though,it's okay to be mad if your expectations aren't to be lived up for. But that doesn't give you the right to take it on somebody else,deal with your own damn problems.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think I ignored him way back in April due to whining about Greninja...in the Greninja board.
Still, I mean, sure he was fill of hot air, but never like this. He still tried to support the game. But this? It's like a kid having a temper tantrum because he didn't get what he wanted.

@ Digital Hazard Digital Hazard

If you want to see the post in real life, here's the link: The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - T-minus 100 until implosion

I'm not really a kind of guy who laughs behind other people's backs when they can't defend themselves, but the last 100 (I think?) posts of D-idara are all butthurt and delicious salty.
I find it absolutely ironic that the post below him somehow is the exact opposite of D-idara's. Not only it is calm and collective, but it instead offers a solution to the problem, rather than whining and complaining that Sakurai hates them.

D

Deleted member

Woah, I didn't even notice he was banned. Explains why I haven't seen another rant of his for a while.

All I can say is...

*sung* HE HAD IT COMING!
Whoa, I didn't expect him to be THAT famous. o_O
Just because there's no fan favorite characters doesn't mean it's a bad game.. but oh well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Leave it to Alfonzo!

Apparently, regular Link will also make Alfonzo show up.
I remember somebody saying it was when regular Link appeared to, but nobody could confirm it.

I find this strange, though. Regular Link shouldn't matter. "Conductor" Link is just another version of Toon Link. Why should it matter if the adult one is there? They're not even near as confusing. Never mind that Link and Toon Link can be in the same battle. It just seems like an odd choice.

The four big names of this game look very swaggy here.

I admit I don't recognize the first guy...

And Di-Dara got banned again? Huh.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So, he defended Smash 4 with all his life, but after the leak was confirmed real and therefore no Ridley, everything about the game immediately sucked instead.
Darn, why did I just find this out and not some weeks ago, when the salt was still new and delicious?

D

Deleted member

Still, I mean, sure he was fill of hot air, but never like this. He still tried to support the game. But this? It's like a kid having a temper tantrum because he didn't get what he wanted.
He probably would've continued if he didn't get banned. Complaining annoys me, but seeing his posts was almost enough to make my blood boil from the absolute contempt.

Damn Mega Man you need to cut that hobo-ass hair son.

Soul.

Woah, I didn't even notice he was banned. Explains why I haven't seen another rant of his for a while.

All I can say is...

*sung* HE HAD IT COMING!
I suppose we should congratulate him for accomplishing something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, he defended Smash 4 with all his life, but after the leak was confirmed real and therefore no Ridley, everything about the game immediately sucked instead.
Darn, why did I just find this out and not some weeks ago, when the salt was still new and delicious?
It's still fresh. Dig in!

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
He was also banned when Ridley was deconfirmed via the direct, but came back when the Ridley fans kept on believing

This was the most ironic part to me. People complain about the game play of this game and he's ready to hate on the "elitists that are stupidly hating on the game for arbitrary reasons", but keep out Ridley and suddenly this game is a steaming pile of craparoni and cheese.

Different strokes for different folks, i guess.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Whoa, I didn't expect him to be THAT famous. o_O
Just because there's no fan favorite characters doesn't mean it's a bad game.. but oh well.
You mean infamous. And he's not really THAT infamous. It's just whenever he ranted, it would be in paragraphs. In one post. No matter what the argument, no matter how many smart words he put into his sentences, he always came off as a massive whiner.

For anyone here that ever participated in Swampasaur's Song Tracklist contest; if you remember his argument about "The Moon" song for Ducktales, raise your hand. -_-

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Poor Mega Man. Just look at his expression.

You can tell he feels like the odd man out cause he's the only one without a freakishly huge nose. ¦D

...And I just noticed Snake in the background. Poor guy. XD

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, this is... just dumb. It's fine he isn't happy with the choices, but that was beyond childish. I was not happy with many choices(and still am not). But I did get characters I really wanted, so it's not that bad.

I have Little Mac, Bowser Jr., Villager(did not put him on my old roster, but I didn't think Sakurai would do a 180. Some did, of course), MegaMan, and Dr. Mario back. Woot~

Mega Man?
To be fair, that was odd clothing. I am not used to ever seeing him in those kinds of clothes. But the original without his helmet is a less seen style, so not noticing that is easy. Why I didn't figure that out when he was with the other 2 major gaming legends and an arcade legend, though...

The art style made him look like Gary to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Straying away from the only member on these boards that I actually legitimately hate, I'm just going to say Mega Man's spike is the best thing ever.
Also Link has a silver arrows custom move that can KO at around 80%.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm kind of laughing at the mains we displayed.

What happened to "I'm so going to main Little Mac!"

EDIT : God Dammit,@Chucklehead Tom .

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I need one more guy for my custom cards against humanity game.

Does anyone want to join?

(it's free and doesn't need an account. also may be innapropriate at times. enter at own risk)

http://pyx-2.socialgamer.net/game.jsp#game=140
*cough*

but seriously, I'm bored and we need a third person.

Isn't there any mature person who really isn't doing anything besides browse the web who can join us for a game or two?

On topic (kinda), Did anyone else see the popeye trailer?
awesome.

D

Deleted member

*cough*

but seriously, I'm bored and we need a third person.

Isn't there any mature person who really isn't doing anything besides browse the web who can join us for a game or two?

On topic (kinda), Did anyone else see the popeye trailer?
awesome.
I'd be happy to join ya.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Just look at what I stumbled upon when browsing KYM's Smash image gallery: http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/830016-super-smash-brothers
I was about to like this, but. . .
During another classic 'Melee vs Brawl' episode (which really wasn't the crux of the issue), we had a private conversation. It was a very long lived topic, and everyone was going back and forth for a long time. It was finally locked around March.

I don't really know if I should confide this.
"Thanks for that post, but I don't think I'll ever change, I feel way too comfortable avoiding anything that even has the slightest chance of me losing."
He acknowledged, after so many pages of huge posts by me, Muster, D-idara, Amazing Ampharos, and many other individuals I would consider 'intelligent', his flaw, his fear, his hubris.

Though he may not have changed, I don't care about that, it is a stark reminder that we are all human. We have our flaws, and a strength it takes to acknowledge the bare truth, yet even a more sorrowful thing it is to despair, to sloth.

Sorry, Frost, old buddy, old pal, but I don't think this is acceptable behavior, from anyone. You're essentially condoning flaming and hatred within this site. This is not right.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Apparently, all of Lucas's specials are available as custom options for Ness.

Fox has a Fox Flash special which is based on Wolf's Wolf Flash.

Robin can use Goetia as a custom special. A variant of Nosferatu, it trades % recovery for a vacuum effect.

Bowser has the Koopa Klaw from Melee as a custom side special. It no longer is a grab when close to the foes, though.

You mean infamous. And he's not really THAT infamous. It's just whenever he ranted, it would be in paragraphs. In one post. No matter what the argument, no matter how many smart words he put into his sentences, he always came off as a massive whiner.

For anyone here that ever participated in Swampasaur's Song Tracklist contest; if you remember his argument about "The Moon" song for Ducktales, raise your hand. -_-
I remember that. I was a judge.

Either he has a disturbing lack of self-control or he's an elaborate troll.

Yeah, let's not get too overboard with bashing him, okay?

This is the Social thread and all, and I know I was the one who brought this up, but come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom