• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well apparently Dark pit should be in over ice climbers according to our friend Mr. Sakurai.:facepalm:
And Dr. Mario over Mewtwo (Maybe):confused:
Except Ice Climbers are not comparable to Dark Pit.

Ice Climbers have technical limitations that prevent them from being in. Dark Pit does not.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think Geno should ever be playable. He doesn't deserve it.
Well, I think he does

I think he does x 2 which counterbalances your opinion and increases the plus side +1

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I hate my ear infection.

Every time I talk,my head makes it sound to me like I'm on a radio talk,with some buzzing.

Damn you,cotton swabs!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Actually, how Sakurai worded it it sounded like (to me) he was gathering resources from a variety of companies but when it came to Ubisoft they gave Sakurai an entire HD model, which surprised Sakurai and he expressed that in a PotD.

I'm still confident that there's more 3rd party trophies than just that.
Why would Sakurai go to different companies for random characters?
"Pic of the day. In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!"
Sounds to me like Ubisoft asked for Rayman to be included, but like Snake with Melee, there wasn't enough time.

Which is where I think a compromise was made, he would include a trophy so as not to delay the game, then make him a DLC fighter once the game was finished. Sakurai is a pretty dedicated guy, he went back to Kojimo and Snake for Brawl, so...
All I'm saying is, Rayman's chances are as good as anybody else. But I'd say he has less of a chance in favor of pure Nintendo characters.
That's the problem, third parties are a completely different ball game. People tend to falsely try to justify them as "being important to Nintendo" when they aren't. Sonic is important to Sega, Snake to Konami, Mega Man to Capcom, Pac-Man Namco, etc.

There's a reason Sakurai called them special cases, because that's what they are.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
That's the problem, third parties are a completely different ball game. People tend to falsely try to justify them as "being important to Nintendo" when they aren't. Sonic is important to Sega, Snake to Konami, Mega Man to Capcom, Pac-Man Namco, etc.

There's a reason Sakurai called them special cases, because that's what they are.
Hmm, I guess you're right in a way.

So is the real problem Sakurai himself? :troll:

D

Deleted member

Except Ice Climbers are not comparable to Dark Pit.

Ice Climbers have technical limitations that prevent them from being in. Dark Pit does not.
Maybe Ice Climbers could be in the game as DLC or as unlockables.

Or.. for the New 3DS. :troll:

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
There sure are a lot of clones being added to this game.

Hopefully Mewtwo is one of them. :)
Then you already know what I'm going to say, right?
ROY'S OUR BOY!
Wishful thinking to add Roy, but it would be nice.
As for Mewtwo, I'm pretty neutral on that matter.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Why would Sakurai go to different companies for random characters?
Why not? Sakurai wanted this to be the ultimate character game, didn't he? Wouldn't third parties be a key element?

Sounds to me like Ubisoft asked for Rayman to be included, but like Snake with Melee, there wasn't enough time.

Which is where I think a compromise was made, he would include a trophy so as not to delay the game, then make him a DLC fighter once the game was finished. Sakurai is a pretty dedicated guy, he went back to Kojimo and Snake for Brawl, so...
I think this is a little Rayman bias. (to be fair, I would probably be like this too if I wanted Rayman). Why include rayman even if Ubisoft wanted them to? Is there someone from ubisoft that's best friends with sakurai like what happened with snake?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I'm playing Twilight Princess still.
I love this game, but...

The City in the Sky and everything related to it can BURN.
I can beat most of the dungeon in an hour and a half. ve been wandering aimlessly for three hours in this dungeon and still can't get to the boss.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I love this game, but...

I can beat most of the dungeon in an hour and a half. ve been wandering aimlessly for three hours in this dungeon and still can't get to the boss.
That and Lakebed temple are some of the worst dungeons in the series, imo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wonder what the New Nintendo 2DS would be :troll:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I love this game, but...

I'm only in the middle of reviving Midna. But, I can't continue playing TP for the life of me.

I just don't enjoy it as much as other Zelda games. The aesthetics are muddy and dull, the locations don't entice me, and there's something about the gameplay.

It's weird a lot of people give Skyward Sword flack, yet I enjoyed that game a hell of a lot more than TP.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm only in the middle of reviving Midna. But, I can't continue playing TP for the life of me.
I just don't enjoy it as much as other Zelda games. The aesthetics are muddy and dull, the locations don't entice me, and there's something about the gameplay.
It's weird a lot of people give Skyward Sword flack, yet I enjoyed that game a hell of a lot more than TP.
I probably should have mentioned this is MY favorite Zelda.

The point about the visuals is valid, though. It does look dated. Especially compared to Wind Waker. But guess which one got an HD remake?

That and Lakebed temple are some of the worst dungeons in the series, imo.
Yep. At least CitS has a cool boss.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well said. My favorite dungeon in TP though, has to be Arbiters Grounds. I love that place
I love the Arbiter's Grounds too.
Though my favorite has to be the Temple of Time.

Homage to previous Zelda games? Check.
A use for most of your items? Check.
A great boss? Check.
Giant spider crushing statues? Check and double check.
An epic duel with a towering knight? CHECK.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Why not? Sakurai wanted this to be the ultimate character game, didn't he? Wouldn't third parties be a key element?

I think this is a little Rayman bias. (to be fair, I would probably be like this too if I wanted Rayman). Why include rayman even if Ubisoft wanted them to? Is there someone from ubisoft that's best friends with sakurai like what happened with snake?
He included Rayman didn't he? Playable or not, he's there.

In regards to "ultimate character game" I hardly think random trophies that the average Joe won't even care about count. "Ultimate character game" probably refers to, you know, playable characters. If that were the case, it helps Rayman's chances.

I try to be as unbiased as possible. You don't think there's anything suspicious about two Rayman trophies popping up? If there really are more random third party trophies (extremely unlikely) then sure, but two for a single character? And if Rayman is the only random third party trophy, don't you think that'd be indicative of Ubisoft going to Sakurai and not the other way around?

And I don't think anyone from Ubisoft knows Sakurai...

But Miyamoto asked Sakurai to put Pac-Man in Brawl...

But Pac-Man, what's that got to do with it? No, ignore that part, the point is that Miyamoto asked Sakurai to add a third party...

Miyamoto and Michel Ancel have met before, they both received an award in France together.
And Ancel? He's only the creator of Rayman...

It might be a stretch, but who's to say they haven't kept in touch? Ancel could have gone to Miyamoto about Smash.
There were the Mario costumes in Legends, after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom