• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Sonic is out of place.
Mega Man is out of place.
Pac-Man is out of place.
Third parties are not Nintendo.

Just because you don't like a character doesn't mean you need to make excuses for them not to be in.
I think Ubisoft certainly deserves a character, and Rayman already has a trophy. Unless you want to stick Ezio in...

Anyway, Rayman is far enough popular, maybe not with the Smash crowd, but there's a reason he's Ubi's mascot.
I'd be really surprised if rayman got in.

also, I never said "fit in" I said would "seem out of place" the difference being fitting in would be just appearance, and seeming out of place is more than just that.

I simply don't think of Nintendo when it comes to Rayman, unlike Sonic or Megaman. (I don't think of nintendo with Pacman either, but he gets the slip for being the #1 most iconic video game character.)

That said, it's only my opinion. Rayman got a trophy, so what do I know?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
A (non-idiotic) list of deserving 3rd party reps (other than Sonic, Pac, and MegaMan) in no particular order:
-Snake (Konami)
-Bomberman
-Simon Belmont (Konami)
-NiGHTS (Sega)
-Geno (Square Enix)
-Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games)
-Lloyd Irving (Namco)
-Klonoa (Namco)
-Prof. Layton
-Rayman (Ubisoft)
Why Klonoa and Nights?

My list is pretty much the same as that, except without those two, and including Jill Valentine.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Sonic is out of place.
Mega Man is out of place.
Pac-Man is out of place.
So much nope. They may not be Nintendo, but they are not out of place.

They've all had a hand in the video game history, whether they were competing against Nintendo or supporting them.
  • Sonic is the most obvious, for being the first ever video game mascot to rival Mario in sales and popularity.
  • Mega Man was a big supporter of Nintendo's sales for the NES, has run a great track record until the last few years, spawned more than one spin-off series, and is iconic in general.
  • Pac-Man helped revolutionise the arcade industry with its first game being addictive and played everywhere, and is stil played in many forms to this day. Although outside of that, there's not really much else.
I don't think Sakurai would pick characters on a whim if they didn't fit Smash Bros.

*completely ignoring the Snake in the room*

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
A (non-idiotic) list of deserving 3rd party reps (other than Sonic, Pac, and MegaMan) in no particular order:
-Snake (Konami)
-Bomberman
-Simon Belmont (Konami)
-NiGHTS (Sega)
-Geno (Square Enix)
-Lloyd Irving (Namco)
-Klonoa (Namco)
-Prof. Layton
-Rayman (Ubisoft)
I don't think Geno should ever be playable. He doesn't deserve it.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
-Snake (Konami)
-Bomberman
-Simon Belmont (Konami)
-NiGHTS (Sega)
-Sora (Square Enix)
-Lloyd Irving (Namco)
-Klonoa (Namco)
-Prof. Layton
-Rayman (Ubisoft)
Fixed

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just saw a playthrough of Five Nights at Freddy's and I got to ask

Does the door seriously use power while closed? That's stupid

Also

Why do you have limited power?

Edit: I got the title wrong, LOL

and I have the video open on the side too

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
So does my Kumatora still have a chance for smash or Tetra what do you guys think also im really thinking of changing my avatart and sig to freddy faz bear

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
-Snake (Konami)
-Bomberman
-Simon Belmont (Konami)
-NiGHTS (Sega)
-Sora (Square Enix)
-Lloyd Irving (Namco)
-Klonoa (Namco)
-Prof. Layton
-Rayman (Ubisoft)

Fixed
Needs more Spyro and Crash Bandicoot.
:troll:

Though it's pretty sad that they weren't even in PSBR.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So does my Kumatora still have a chance for smash or Tetra what do you guys think also im really thinking of changing my avatart and sig to freddy faz bear
If Lucas isn't making it in, I doubt a side character from his game would make it

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Uh Kumatora plays big role in that game you know....
yeah, but there's other characters with bigger roles in that franchise, probably about 3 more characters at least, including lucas.

sorry to break your heart, but she's not getting in.

Tetra though, who knows? I hope she gets in.

D

Deleted member

Because The Rayman series is bad. I'm as against him being in as I am that Sonic is in.
The only bad things about Rayman are:
- Constant Rayman 2 ports (the game probably beat Pac-Man and Space Invaders in the ''Most Ported Game'' department)
- Rabbids games :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone know if it's possible to read the collective works of Carl Jung online for free?

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
yeah, but there's other characters with bigger roles in that franchise, probably about 3 more characters at least, including lucas.

sorry to break your heart, but she's not getting in.

Tetra though, who knows? I hope she gets in.
you're breaking my heart

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd be really surprised if rayman got in.

also, I never said "fit in" I said would "seem out of place" the difference being fitting in would be just appearance, and seeming out of place is more than just that.

I simply don't think of Nintendo when it comes to Rayman, unlike Sonic or Megaman. (I don't think of nintendo with Pacman either, but he gets the slip for being the #1 most iconic video game character.)

That said, it's only my opinion. Rayman got a trophy, so what do I know?
So basically Snake. Except that didn't stop Snake, and it didn't stop Rayman's trophy.

It's your opinion and that's alright. I don't expect Rayman to be playable either, he had always been one of my two pipe dream characters that I never dreamed would appear. But with the trophy, he's a cinch for DLC with the licensing already finished.
So much nope. They may not be Nintendo, but they are not out of place.

They've all had a hand in the video game history, whether they were competing against Nintendo or supporting them.
  • Sonic is the most obvious, for being the first ever video game mascot to rival Mario in sales and popularity.
  • Mega Man was a big supporter of Nintendo's sales for the NES, has run a great track record until the last few years, spawned more than one spin-off series, and is iconic in general.
  • Pac-Man helped revolutionise the arcade industry with its first game being addictive and played everywhere, and is stil played in many forms to this day. Although outside of that, there's not really much else.
I don't think Sakurai would pick characters on a whim if they didn't fit Smash Bros.

*completely ignoring the Snake in the room*

Look, I don't want to be seen as trying to undermine said characters, but fans really over-inflate their importance.
Besides Pac-Man, he's actually important.

Sonic is only the mascot of Sega, he's almost as big as Mario in popularity, but that's about it.
Mega Man hasn't been relevant in ages and he's just as average as any other game character. If you want to bring sales into the equation, Rayman is just barely behind Mega Man without any help from the Rabbids spinoffs and he's above Smash in sales. Think about that for a second. Mega Man isn't as iconic as people make him out to be, different people in different places know different things, while he might be massively popular in some places, guess who else is too? Rayman.

I can make Rayman sound just as important as you can make them sound.
  • First game to bring in professional cartoonists to create the characters and backgrounds.
  • His first game is the number one selling PS game in the UK.
  • Rayman 2 had high scores across the boards, and has since spawned an insane amount of ports.
  • The Rabbids spinoff franchise has become incredibly big in it's own right.
  • How many times have I mentioned that he's the mascot of Ubisoft? A company that's bigger than Capcom and Konami.
  • Before anyone tries to call him "more Sony" like Snake, Rayman actually has a large amount of Nintendo games.
Again, I'm just trying to make a point. I'm a fan of Sonic and Pac-Man as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of Stitch

I am GOING to have to get Disney Infinity now

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm hoping Disney buys out Capcom JUST because I want more Marvel vs Capcom. Remakes of Chip n Dale: Rescue Rangers & Darkwing Duck would be pretty sick too.
PLEASE NO STOP THINKING THAT!

Another marvel would be great, but there's so much stuff that would be restricted if Disney bought out Capcom.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm almost certain that the rayman trophy won't be the only third party trophy.
Makes one wonder why Sakurai would pick Rayman to show off in particular, hmm?

Perhaps he's a fan of Rayman like he's a fan of Metal Gear. :troll:

In all seriousness, I highly doubt there will be any other third party trophies. With how Sakurai worded it, it seems as though there was particularly some deal with Ubisoft that happened. Which is also why I think Rayman is very probable for DLC.

pickle962

Smash Lord
So yesterday, I started something I have christened #SmashSeptember

Every week, I shall play each of the smash bros games (and Project M) for that entire week. For those wanting to get in on this, the schedule is as follows! :)

1st-7th: Smash 64

8th-14th: Melee

15th-21st: Brawl

22nd-28th: Project M

29th and 30th: Super Smash Flash 2

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want a special edition stitch Disney Infinity figure wearing an elvis costume playing the ukulele

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Makes one wonder why Sakurai would pick Rayman to show off in particular, hmm?

Perhaps he's a fan of Rayman like he's a fan of Metal Gear. :troll:

In all seriousness, I highly doubt there will be any other third party trophies. With how Sakurai worded it, it seems as though there was particularly some deal with Ubisoft that happened. Which is also why I think Rayman is very probable for DLC.
Actually, how Sakurai worded it it sounded like (to me) he was gathering resources from a variety of companies but when it came to Ubisoft they gave Sakurai an entire HD model, which surprised Sakurai and he expressed that in a PotD.

I'm still confident that there's more 3rd party trophies than just that.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So basically Snake. Except that didn't stop Snake, and it didn't stop Rayman's trophy.

It's your opinion and that's alright. I don't expect Rayman to be playable either, he had always been one of my two pipe dream characters that I never dreamed would appear. But with the trophy, he's a cinch for DLC with the licensing already finished.

Look, I don't want to be seen as trying to undermine said characters, but fans really over-inflate their importance.
Besides Pac-Man, he's actually important.

Sonic is only the mascot of Sega, he's almost as big as Mario in popularity, but that's about it.
Mega Man hasn't been relevant in ages and he's just as average as any other game character. If you want to bring sales into the equation, Rayman is just barely behind Mega Man without any help from the Rabbids spinoffs and he's above Smash in sales. Think about that for a second. Mega Man isn't as iconic as people make him out to be, different people in different places know different things, while he might be massively popular in some places, guess who else is too? Rayman.

I can make Rayman sound just as important as you can make them sound.
  • First game to bring in professional cartoonists to create the characters and backgrounds.
  • His first game is the number one selling PS game in the UK.
  • Rayman 2 had high scores across the boards, and has since spawned an insane amount of ports.
  • The Rabbids spinoff franchise has become incredibly big in it's own right.
  • How many times have I mentioned that he's the mascot of Ubisoft? A company that's bigger than Capcom and Konami.
  • Before anyone tries to call him "more Sony" like Snake, Rayman actually has a large amount of Nintendo games.
Again, I'm just trying to make a point. I'm a fan of Sonic and Pac-Man as well.
If I'm right in saying this, the main reason for Snake's inclusion in Brawl was because Hideo Kojima was/is friends with Sakurai, and he wanted Sakurai to put Snake in Smash Bros. I can only describe Snake's inclusion for being lucky, as he doesn't really have anything to do with Nintendo (until Brawl, that is.)

I could say the same for Rayman as well. I'd say he is memorable, but he's not really important to Nintendo, or their history.
I don't think his list of Nintendo games support him either. There's alot of Nintendo games, with Rayman taking a fraction of the bunch. But he's been primarily multi-platform.

And then there's Shulk. He's been in ONE game, and boom, somebody got the drop on him and transported him into Smash. This may be solely to promote Xenoblade into a new Nintendo series.

All I'm saying is, Rayman's chances are as good as anybody else. But I'd say he has less of a chance in favor of pure Nintendo characters.

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I don't think Geno should ever be playable. He doesn't deserve it.[/quote
Well apparently Dark pit should be in over ice climbers according to our friend Mr. Sakurai.:facepalm:
And Dr. Mario over Mewtwo (Maybe):confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom