• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I love the Arbiter's Grounds too.
Though my favorite has to be the Temple of Time.

Homage to previous Zelda games? Check.
A use for most of your items? Check.
A great boss? Check.
Giant spider crushing statues? Check and double check.
An epic duel with a towering knight? CHECK.
Oh yeah. Though the best Dungeon in Zelda history has to be the final Temple in Skyward sword, Sky Keep.
It actually tested you on what you learned throughout the game while adding unique puzzles of it's own.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I'm considering buying this

I couldn't find elvis stitch but this is pretty awesome too

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I probably should have mentioned this is MY favorite Zelda.

The point about the visuals is valid, though. It does look dated. Especially compared to Wind Waker. But guess which one got an HD remake?

Yep. At least CitS has a cool boss.
Out of all the Zelda's, I think Twilight Princess would definitely benefit from an HD remake the most. Not only does it look dated now, but it definitely had a couple of... weird flaws.

The biggest one for me being not being able to get rupees from chests if you already had too many. I understand they didn't want you to waste rupees, but if you're like me, and feel like you need to collect everything, not being able to collect chests and get them off your map is really irritating. Not to mention it could also get irritating if you're missing a key or something, and can't tell where you might of forget it because your map is covered with chests with rupees on it.

If they ever do remake TP and they decide to keep that feature, they should at least ask you if you want to take the rupees or not.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
He included Rayman didn't he? Playable or not, he's there.

In regards to "ultimate character game" I hardly think random trophies that the average Joe won't even care about count. "Ultimate character game" probably refers to, you know, playable characters. If that were the case, it helps Rayman's chances.

I try to be as unbiased as possible. You don't think there's anything suspicious about two Rayman trophies popping up? If there really are more random third party trophies (extremely unlikely) then sure, but two for a single character? And if Rayman is the only random third party trophy, don't you think that'd be indicative of Ubisoft going to Sakurai and not the other way around?

And I don't think anyone from Ubisoft knows Sakurai...

But Miyamoto asked Sakurai to put Pac-Man in Brawl...

But Pac-Man, what's that got to do with it? No, ignore that part, the point is that Miyamoto asked Sakurai to add a third party...

Miyamoto and Michel Ancel have met before, they both received an award in France together.
And Ancel? He's only the creator of Rayman...

It might be a stretch, but who's to say they haven't kept in touch? Ancel could have gone to Miyamoto about Smash.
There were the Mario costumes in Legends, after all...
alright, alright. I still don't really see why this proves that there won't be any more 3rd party trophies, plus, your reasoning for Rayman seems kinda like a stretch. I could find something interesting about pretty much any 3rd party.

also, I'm really sick of discussing this. I never wanted/thought it would turn to this, I only really wanted ato post a couple of posts on the subject, not spawn an argument that would last 3 pages 4 pages (I went back and checked), Jesus!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh yeah. Though the best Dungeon in Zelda history has to be the final Temple in Skyward sword, Sky Keep.
It actually tested you on what you learned throughout the game while adding unique puzzles of it's own.
Hm...interesting. Someone suggesting a Skyward Sword dungeon is the best one.

I suppose Sky Keep was cool.
But...ugh, that puzzle.

Soul.

I'm wasting my time watching competitive Brawl videos. I guess that will stop when Smash 3DS is out in Japan.
Brawl is a cool game, but eh.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of the water temple

I think TP got the iron boot dungeon RIGHT

with the whole magnetic thing

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Worst Zelda Dungeon in your opinion?
The Ice Palace from A Link to the Past. That place is so convoluted, I had to look up a guide just to figure out where I was going. I had never been so angry playing a Zelda game before. It also didn't help that I was using the crappy Gamecube d-pad.

Also this:

And before anyone asks, I think the Water Temple's difficulty is extremely overrated. :p

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Goodness. I really want this song in the Elite 4 stage.

Listen to it pleese.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I strongly disagree.
Then again, I don't think any of the temples are bad in any of the games.
...Unless you combined every water temple into one long marathon.
...Someone seriously needs to do that.
I'm sorry you feel that way.
But I just couldn't get into Majora's Mask.

Shadow Temple from OOT. People usually rush to say the Water Temple just because of it's difficulty, but I truly disliked the Shadow Temple.
What's the matter, scared? :wolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom